Random Pop Thoughts | Page 1749 | The Popjustice Forum

Random Pop Thoughts

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speaking of jams - 5 by Willow Smith. Yes. Obviously I hit mute the second Jaden crashes in but the 2 minutes before that...

2. Michelle's best vocal performance is 'Through With Live' live.

And Sugababes and Destiny's Child had insane singles runs. Like neither had any songs I didn't at least 'like a lot'. Such a bum Girls Aloud insisted on releasing those shitty covers and charity singles to fuck that up, or they'd be up there.

3. This is perfect.

4. I heard 'Soldier' out in a club the other night. It was amazing.

5. I wouldn't be held accountable for my actions if that happened to me.

6. KAG

KAG

This is my favourite Destiny's Child performance.

[video=youtube;hYmvrkTKQ-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYmvrkTKQ-M[/video]

7. Particular moments of life replenishment:

- Acapella Intro
    - The Face Bey makes at 0.44
    - The strut across the football pitch
    - The way Beyonce says "DALLAS... Let's dance!"
    - The "BABY BOOOYOIIIII" ad lib at 2.05
    - The drums segueing into 'Soldier'
    - The accompanying dance move to the above
    - The final dance break

8. [video=youtube;sg_8x_zpTII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_8x_zpTII[/video]

9. 2.0 was the best lineup by miles, with 3.0 snagging their best song (About You Now). My opinion of course.

10. 'Soldier' was such a shitty follow-up to 'Lose My Breath', awful song.

11. 2.0 and 3.0 are both just fantastic. Shape is so overrated though, they are totally useless on that chorus.

12. It's undoubtedly the most uninspired track on '4' and yet, having forgotten all about its existence, 'Best Thing I Never Had' came on shuffle and I sort of got swept up in the whole thing. The way the chorus melody just bursts in to the sound of those drums and Bey's "I USED TO WANT YOU SO BA-AD" are legitimately amazing. Tired ground for Beyonce by that point, for sure, but it's damn effective.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

God fuck yes! That song be having the juices flowwwwwwwwwiiiingggggggggggggggg

14. The Sugababes chat made me put 'Overloaded' on when I went to bed last night. I think Push the Button might be one of the greatest songs of all time, it's so perfect. "I'm busy throwing hints that he keeps missing..." YES. Also, the verses of Easy are absolute shit but "anything that you want boy / you know I got it / any time that you need it / you know I'm on it" more than redeems them.

15. Overrated?! I thought it was one of the least popular 2.0 singles. It might be my favourite Sugababes song, though.

Also, Now You're Gone is one of the most underrated Sugababes tracks.

16. Destiny Fulfilled is the only Destiny's Child album I own. It's good, but I still feel like Beyoncé is so much better on her own.

17. Wait, I thought everyone creams themselves over this one?

18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Heidi gets two verses on "Now You're Gone". Amazing. It's a very good song that actually really fits the album.

19. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

"spread your love
    like peanut butter
    all over my body baby
    no I want no any other
    I want you like nobody baby"

20. rdp

rdp

[video=youtube;HBhGeVvcnvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBhGeVvcnvc#t=0[/video]
    When will your faves get KidzBop to cover a song about sadness and suicide? The #impact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.