Random Pop Thoughts | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Random Pop Thoughts

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Mar 21, 2011.

1. RJF

RJF

It just didn't really fit her, did it? It would have been a good single for the shock value, but for little else. Mind you, "I Got You" was a terrible choice as well... As was "Happy". Oh dear.

Oh, and "Scared Of Lonely" is clearly the best song on I Am... Sasha Fierce.

2. Why Don't You Love Me is the best thing Bey did in the I Am... era, and the video is fabulous too.

Broken really should have been a single over Happy/I Got You.

3. Why Don't You Love Me is amazing. I prefer Sweet Dreams though.

Leona is awful. For realz.

4. Yeah Leona Lewis is an awful creature especially now she tryin to do the whole edgy image it doesn't suit her!! But still prefer her to Beyonce anyday that woman is like the worst thing in music for me!! Such at hater!!

5. Why is Leona Lewis an awful creature? And we haven't seen any of this 'edgy image' yet so we can't really judge whether it suits her or not.

6. The best Echo song is clearly Stone Hearts.

7. RJF

RJF

I'm sure IotV will appear soon with a fifty paragraph thesis on why Leona is amazing. Ten paragraphs for each octave in her voice, of course.

8. 3Xs

3Xs

Amazing. (I love you IotV)

I think Leona should go R&B, I don't think dance-pop suits her. Imagine her having her own MC Honey moment.

9. RJF

RJF

I have to say, Natasha Khan (Bat For Lashes) has one of the lovliest voices I have ever heard in music. It's like silk.

10. Taylor Swift destroyed "Teardrops on My Guitar" on Fearless.

11. My Chemical Romance have just released my favourite song of theirs as a single...with a truly shitty live performance music video. Aside from the fact that I really wanted an epic "storylined" video to fit with the song, I hate live performance videos more than almost anything else in music.

12. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I lorve the pop mix of Teardrops on my Guitar.

Boy Like You by Ke$ha is amazing.

13. I too like the pop mix. In fact, it's the only Taylor Swift song I genuinely like.

14. 'Born This Way' is GaGa's 'California Gurls'.

15. 3Xs

3Xs

A timeless summer anthem?? I think not!

16. RJF

RJF

It is definitely her, "Alright, it was funny for a while, but get the fuck down from that podium." song.

Although sonically it's still holding up better than Katy's so-sugary-it's-rotting-my-soul lead single.

You must have had a shit summer.

17. Timeless? Pah! That mess sounded stale by the time August had rolled around.

No, what I meant is, they're both rather 'novelty'-based 'anthems', massive sellers (almost inexplicably given their relative lower quality in comparison to previous singles) and not exactly indicitave of their respective parent albums (I'm obviously assuming a little here in GaGa's case).

The facial prosthetics are GaGa blue wig!

18. 3Xs

3Xs

Well it was better than the spring of darkness!

19. RJF

RJF

I remember my last awful summer. It was when a certain woman wouldn't just take her umbrella and get off the UK top spot.

In all seriousness, I really hated "Umbrella" by the end of 2007. I mean, I still acknowledged it as a great song, but it's only recently that we've begun to repair our relationship.

20. I just love Cheryl Cole so much, I can't explain it, but she is just perfect to me. Her performances give me so much life, and she can promote only 2 singles all she wants, but as long as she keep churning out those albums, I will not care.

And I love Katy Perry dominating with her singles from her album, her success brings me joy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.