Random Thoughts | Page 9206 | The Popjustice Forum

Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Someboy, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

*Plays the new Steps song*

[​IMG]

Eaux.

Pop Gaz and Aidan like this.
  2. Sam

Sam

Oh.

3. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I mean it's fine in a Light Years era album track sense. The sheer hyperbole around it is insane. I don't have any nostalgia for Steps either, which I think is one of the main things this song will be selling on. They were a bit of an afterthought in America, after all.

And it's no 'Green Light'.

(I'm sorry @Robsolete)

LTG likes this.
  4. Hi Hens, how's tricks?

I've had a great couple of days getting used to driving around in my lil Citron C3, alone and with passengers, and at night. I'm so glad passing my test has coincided with a week off. I've not done the motorways yet, thinking of it just puts me in kind of this classic...

ManilaChinchilla and Sam like this.
  5. I'v just ate some really good brownie.

send photo likes this.
  6. Don't do this to me. Don't you DARE do this to me!

7. I finally bought myself a decent pair of headphones and am disappointed with myself for doing my ears wrong for so long.

8. ... OK I'm dragging us back to the LeFou nonsense because it's been wrecking my head and I require catharsis, so you will sit and you will listen. The LeFou / Gaston dynamic is actually common between heterosexual males; the manipulative narcissist and his doormat sidekick. I never in all my childhood years of watching Beauty and the Beast on a loop thought LeFou was actually romantically attracted to Gaston. Explicitly twisting this into 'loser gay wants straight guy' just renders LeFou into a tired, damaging old trope. I've read that the ''''exclusively gay moment'''' is LeFou being asked to dance by a man in the final scene. So I s u p p o s e he u l t i m a t e l y reinforces the central lesson of true beauty lying within, but not at all in an aspirational manner like Beast / Belle, who both arrive at this lesson without ever sacrificing their basic dignity and independence.

If they wanted to make a gesture that might mean a damn without rocking the archetype boat too much, the fastidious anal-retentive clock and gilded dandy candelabra are right. there.

So I, too, am not paying for simple entertainment that doesn’t accurately align with my personal beliefs.

[/inconsequential rant]

9. So I hit 15,000 likes (actually a couple of days ago but I wasn't paying attention n n n n) and while it ain't THAT much, I'd just like to use this opportunity to thank the forum hunties for providing a fun form of escapism while my life/the world crumbles as we know it xx

[​IMG]

Slice of Life, R92, K94 and 9 others like this.
  10. All these comments about Steps doing pop right and that there's no fun in pop these days... on the same day that "Symphony" leaks and Number 1 Angel comes out. No Mary, no.

Slice of Life, K94, Aidan and 5 others like this.

11. But enough about my love-life...

12. I was too young for Steps.

13. Me too, though I do know their iconic songs. I've missed out on the hype around all this but I'll check the new single probably.

14. The new single is a massive bop but Green Light is still song of the year.

15. y e s

I've been getting into this with a few friends who asked me about it (because of course they fucking asked me about it, like yes come to me for cultural insight and dissemination of historical usage of tropes and the impact they have on actual people) and this is the thing. LeFou is a not a good character so it's such a backhanded way to instill "progress". Cogsworth and Lumiere are the ones to use and Lumiere can even be bi because of his attraction to that female duster. Serving you complexity, depth.

16. In isolation, this is an amazing sentence:

17. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

How is the Nintendo Switch sold out in a 100 mile radius of me? How.

18. ddddddd I got the quotification and I was like "what did i inadvertently say oh nooooooo"

R92, beyoncésweave and send photo like this.
  19. What else are the geughrls gonna do there?

20. [​IMG]

digitalkaiser, PLUTO, Leopold and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.