As someone who has never bought a vinyl and is a bit perplexed about the resurgence of that particular format I'm wondering:
1. Do people buy them who don't even own a vinyl player?
2. Do people buy them just to collect and never play them?
3. Do they actually sound considerably better than a CD?
4. Can you skip tracks when playing an album on vinyl?
5. What are the benefits of the vinyl format?
6. Should I buy a vinyl player or will it just gather dust?
1. I bought vinyl before I owned a player. I got one for my birthday 2 years ago and something snapped off the head so I may as well not have one
5. I like having the artwork in a large format and physically owning the music
6. Both x