Random TV Stuff | Page 146 | The Popjustice Forum

Random TV Stuff

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Oct 17, 2013.

1. I'm enjoying Beat The Chasers.

Mike and Maria like this.
  2. Below Deck season 3 episode 10 is the most dramatic episode of reality TV ever

truman likes this.
  3. I started watching FRASIER again. Any fellow fans around here?

hologram and 4Roses like this.
  4. Is anyone watching Twenties on BET? I think it's really funny and it gives a fresh take on show business. It was made by Lena Waithe.

I'm sad that my favorite comedy of last year, Florida Girls, won't be coming back. It was renewed but Pop decided to cancel it afterwards. It was a one of a kind show.

Holly Something and lushLuck like this.
  5. I think Twenties is the most underrated series of the year thus far. The three leads are fantastic.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  6. I liked Florida Girls, it's a shame it won't be coming back.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  7. Do you guys remember The Worst Witch in the late 90's/early 00's? Miss Constance Hardbroom was my spiritual animal. The scenes with the teachers were everything!!
    [​IMG]

deafjan, 4Roses, Scaper and 2 others like this.
  8. During this lockdown I've finally broken out the Seinfeld box set I bought (sight unseen) last year. It's so good! Julia Louis Dreyfus might actually be the funniest woman on Earth.

Andy French, Maria and Andrew.L like this.
  9. Island

Island Staff Member

Nurse Dunkley in Footballers Wives was kinda iconic.

Leopold, Bslg17, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  10. I'm a teacher and she remains an inspiration to me.

Dee91 likes this.
  11. I just laughed so hard

Island likes this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

[​IMG]

13. I live for the fact that @Island is more British than any British people that actually were born and raised here.

14. It’s been my mission to work through Breaking Bad and The Wire. I watched them in that order finished The Wire yesterday evening.

Despite not liking it as much as Breaking Bad, I somehow feel a little... bereft? It’s such a huge cast of characters to say goodbye to (including the main character, Baltimore).

15. Island

Island Staff Member

16. That’s a good reference.

In all honesty though the BLM movement being LOUD as I watched the final season gave the show a dimension I hadn’t thought about enough. The police brutality; the broken system. They’re all there and nuanced and paint a picture of a city crying out for change to break the cycle of violence and incarceration. It’s a terrific portrait that, sadly, seems only too real 12 years later.

Island likes this.
  17. The Other One on the BBC appears to be really good, a hint of a dark streak, with a great cast.

18. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Enjoyed the first two episodes. Bit surprised Lauren Socha is still getting work after being convicted for being a massive violent racist though.

Andrew.L likes this.
  19. Eva Green was phenomenal in the first episode of The Luminaries last night.

20. I've just finished watching Hot In Cleveland from start to finish and my God what a show. I cried so many happy tears seeing Joy getting her much deserved happy ending with Bob.

Now I'm working though The Exes which I used to love but haven't seen in a while.

Amazon Prime really has some great shows on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.