RaNia | The Popjustice Forum

RaNia

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by kpopfan26, Jul 27, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

RaNia is an eight member girl group produced by American music producer Teddy Riley, set to debuted in the US and South Korea together through out the year. They released their hit dance track "Dr. Feel Good" in 2011.

While five of the members are Korean, one member is Chinese, one member is Thai and another is a Korean-Japanese..

Members

Name: Saem (sometimes called Semi)
    Nationality: Korean
    Birthdate: May 4, 1989
    [​IMG]

Name: Di
    Birthdate: October 18,1991
    [​IMG]

Name: Joy
    Nationality: Thailand
    Birthdate: July 27, 1990
    [​IMG]

Name: Riko
    Nationality: Japanese
    Birthdate: March 10, 1989
    [​IMG]

Name: Jooyi
    Birthdate: August 20,1990
    [​IMG]

Name: T-ae
    Birthdate: September 24, 1993
    [​IMG]

Name: Xia
    Birthdate: November 15, 1994
    [​IMG]

Name: Yijo
    Nationality: Chinese
    Birthdate: June 16,1987
    [​IMG]

Discography

Albums.

"Teddy Riley, The First Expansion In Asia"
    Released: April 6, 2011
    Length: 16:49
    Language: Korean, English

1. "Dr. Feel Good (English Ver.)
    2. "Dr. Feel Good (Korean Ver.)""
    3. "Masquerade (English Ver.)"
    4. "Dr. Feel Good (Inst.)"
    5. "Masquerade (Inst.)"

Promotional singles

2011: "Dr. Feel Good" (released on April 6, 2011)
    2011: "Masquerade" (released on June 13, 2011)

Singles.

Dr. Feel Good
    Dr. Feel Good (English Version)
    Masquerade
    Masquerade (English version)

2. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Absolutely LOVE this group and these girls. I can't wait for their comeback, I hope it does brilliant for them.

"Do you want to know what lies behind the mask....?"
    "RANIA!" = Amazing.

3. Joy's B'day, 21 today. I need to fix her a present. They're all close aged babes, 90's is the birth line for this steaming group.

4. Best rookie girlband 2011!
    Only Dal Shabet come close.

5. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Rania totally poops over Dal Shabet. Just kidding.

Di reminds me of Nana.

6. Pussy popping in my heart forever.

7. Is RaNia the best debut of 2011 so far? Certainly the most notorious and controversial. It was very nice to see that they were invited to the festival in Japan.

8. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

What Japanese concert did they get invited to?

9. It was the Music Bank show in Tokyo a couple weeks ago, same one with SNSD, KARA, DSBK, etc. Pretty cool to see them being invited to these international showcases.

10. So whatever happened to Teddy Riley? All I can figure out is that he didn't like the way their company did business so he left.

And didn't they have a black member? Or was I imagining that?

11. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

No he suggested a black member but that didn't pan out. And last we saw him he turned up at some songwriting workshop for SM Entertainment I think?

12. I remember seeing his Twitter that he was working with SME, & having a fierce debate with someone whether that was Sony Music Entertainment (Asia) or SM Entertainment.

13. Well Teddy had a fall out with Dr.Music and Jooyi had a scandal with an employee from PMG. Teddy is still trying to invest into the K-Pop trend though as hes with SM Entertainment.

As far as im concerned Teddy had nothing to do with there U.S plans, he only produced them one song, it was Dr.Music who are trying to get RaNia signed to interscope. PMG was just some label who were responsible for bringing Teddy over.

14. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Oh! Amazing, thank you. I am so happy for them.

15. I wonder how the group will be presented without Teddy. I don't think the label will go as sexy as they have been. It will either be a good thing or a terrible thing..

Do we know anything about a comeback? Or are they currently busy with anything?

16. They must keep them sexy. They have to. I'll refuse to accept any other type RaNia.

17. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Why did they add an eighth member?

18. She's apparently always been there, but didn't partake in the debut. One article mentioned her having a drama or something to film that kept her away. All I remember is that she's Chinese.

19. They had a Chinese member called Sarah but she fell sick and had to leave so Yijo was brought in as a replacement but at the time she was being brought in, RaNia were already prepared to debut so Yijo didn't have time to join.

She should be in for the next comeback.

20. Amazes me how easily and quickly members are shuffled around like dolls. I love Rania's material up to now, no more replacements please. Though there are always exceptions in kpop for good or bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.