Rants and annoyances | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Rants and annoyances

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by P'NutButter, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

For some reason it really annoys me when people tear apart sandwich biscuits before they eat them. Especially Oreos.

2. Sam

Sam

An annoyance of mine is how over the top and pantomime Liz Hurley is. She could be so good.

3. [video=youtube;4RGbrEmVrhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGbrEmVrhc[/video]

Howling.

I am the exact same though.

4. It took me 45 minutes to Tweet a picture of myself because I kept falling asleep to find the picture within my hard drive.

5. I had a filling this morning and the dentist has somehow caught the corner of my mouth with the heat curing light and now I have a blister. I tried putting concealer on it and it somehow accentuated it. Great.

6. SBK

SBK

Paying for next day delivery on Thursday morning and not getting it until Monday afternoon.

7. Packing is so annoying. Putting your life in suitcases and boxes will always be weird.

8. The absolute worst. Especially when it's with Amazon and you know they have the capabilities and gears in place to facilitate it.

9. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

My copy of Rebel Heart never arrived and I only remembered it on Sunday. My mum's copy showed up on release day.

10. I am having a dilemma.

One of my friends has tried to introduce a new friend to the group over the last few months, we have all been close since like school, so it's a pretty tight group and we all know each other really well. Anyway, he's been coming around us since he moved to London in December, and we really haven't been clicking at all. Lord knows I have tried and tried, but it just always ends in a drama. We got into a slight spat, which I think I mentioned here, it ended in me throwing at drink at him. I just thought at the time it was unfortunate and he caught me on a bad day, so I apologised, but I feel like the tension is still there. He hasn't invited me to his birthday party, but has invited like everyone else. Smaller factions are starting to form within the group, and apparently he still feels some kind of way about me. He has it in his head that I feel threatened by his presence, which is just a joke to me. Everyone else in the group really likes him, except one other. So I just don't know how to act? Like I have tried being cordial, but it's like he just knows how to push my buttons. He is such a shady person, and I low key want him gone, but I just don't feel like that's the mature thing to do. On the other hand, we seem to be unable to coexist, a prime example being dinner tonight and I don't want this to fracture other relationships in consequence.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  11. That sounds way too dramatic and exhausting.

Hang out one-on-one with certain friends. Talk to them about how you feel, if they don't get it then you shouldn't be friends with these people.
    I mean...You've known them since forever, you would think they put your interests over somebody else's who is new to the group.

Also. Don't throw drinks at people. You're better than that.
    Or so I assume.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  12. It sounds like it already is, but the best thing to do is not to make it into a you versus him situation. If he pushes your buttons, remember that reacting is only playing into his "strategy" or whatever is really going on. Maybe reaffirm the friendships you feel have been a part of the divide and only turn to the friend you know already dislikes him if you need to vent.

13. I'm going home in just under three months and I'm already losing sleep over how much I'm going to miss living here.

14. In my group we have two girls who can't be together, all stemming from a fight in literally Year 9. It's utterly exhausting organising things, because they can be together if there's like 6 of us to dilute their presence, but if there's 4 of you including them it can't be done. We always have to invite one of them, wait to see how many others are going and if it gets to 6 then you can invite the other. It's soooooo petty and they both deny that they even hate each other, claiming that 'THERE IS NO FEUD! SHE JUST MAKE'S IT AWKWARD' but if you sat them together it would be horrific. I can't believe these people are 20.

15. That's why you find boyfriends/girlfriends, am not missing that drama in groups.

16. Having a terrible day at work.

I feel like if one more person bugs me, I will breathe fire and incinerate the lot of them.

17. Kill him.

No, seriously we can't get along with everybody. Have you thought, that maybe he fancies you?

18. Island

Island Staff Member

I would love to do this to someone.

19. I'm in the same boat right now. Everything (my appartment, my life) is a mess!

20. They are all being a bunch of pricks today. I feel a Regina George scream coming on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.