Rants and annoyances | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Rants and annoyances

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by P'NutButter, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Shopping. All forms of physical shopping. Oh My God I hate shopping so much, I hate wanting to kill myself in the changing room, the lighting, the tags getting in the way, I hate noticing the price tag thinking it was something else, and I hate that my arms are too short and my chest is too broad. I hate the overwhelming choices available and the inevitable feeling that none of the items will look good on me anyway, so why bother.

2. Speaking of friend problems...

I'm having issues with one of my roommates and three of my other friends. I used to really love hanging out with them and I've known my roommate since I was 10 years old, but all they do is sit around and smoke weed all. the. time. Like, I'm totally fine with marijuana but when it impedes you from actually having any sort of social life, it's frustrating. Never mind that my roommate can't seem to hang out with my friends (as these individuals were originally) without somehow trying to "one-up" me and get closer with them than I am. I don't think he does it on purpose, but the fact that I don't smoke regularly immediately creates a rift where I have to either go out, go to my room, or be high with them (I could also hang out with them not smoking but that's miserable). I just don't know how to talk to them about it. Our duplex has turned into the place to smoke and I know if any one of those three friends come over and my roommate is there (which he invariably is) they'll end up smoking, no question. I guess I could put my foot down because myself and my other roommate don't enjoy smoking the way the problematic roommate does, but we also don't want to lose friendships. It just sucks because I'm graduating in two months and it's like these four friends I have couldn't give a shit about actually hanging out with me.

I am perfectly willing to ditch them, by the way. I just don't want that to be the dick move.

3. So just have an actual conversation where you tell your roommate what bothers you and if he's an ass about it, you start putting your foot down. There's no harm in letting him know it bothers you.

Also, if that doesn't work. Talk to one or two or all of your 3 friends and tell them that you don't want to be the place where they always smoke...

4. SBK

SBK

Ah shit. I've not watched the last episode yet. Thats pissed me off. I mean, we all saw it coming but still...

I'd just express your concerns about them just smoking weed all the time (maybe to the one you're closest to) and see where it goes. If they're happy sat together getting high doing nothing, confronting them all might result in them grouping together and you'll be the dick.

If they're not willing to change, then at least you expressed your concerns and then you can move on having tried.

5. This is true. I feel like I don't have as much a place to stand when I do smoke with them sometimes, but I guess I do have space to still air my grievances.

6. I hate certain shops more than others, I understand assistants are there to help but it really fucks me off when I'm looking through clothes and one pops up over the shoulder "are you okay there?"... it automatically makes me want to head straight out the shop.

Food shopping is worse.

7. SBK

SBK

You're well within your rights to ask them to cut back if you're living with them. Its not like you're asking them to stop completely. If they can't deal with you not wanting your place turning into a dive where people just gather to get stoned then they're probably beyond saving.

8. This happened to me on Sunday. The shop assistant was trying to make small talk with me in Fossil (I shop I would never normally go to, but I was with friends), and I was severely hungover and tired and in my head I was like 'Oh God, go away'

9. BTG

BTG

I'm the opposite. If I'm in a shop, I want assistants to make an effort and offer help, even though I never take them up on it. I watch too much Mary Portas clearly.

10. Just witnessed someone pull into a parking space straddling over two spaces, they didn't even make an effort to adjust.

11. If you hate clothes shopping use the assistants as personal shoppers. Pick one that you think looks well turned out and ask for some advice. They will love it!

12. Sam

Sam

Shopping is the best, and if you don't enjoy it, you're doing it wrong.

13. Why is it the best?

14. I need to be heavily sedated to go shopping, otherwise it's just too much anxiety. Thank God for online shopping.

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

My eczema is annoying me so much at the moment. It's hell and nothing's working.

16. I used to be an anxious wreck shopping for clothes but now I've learned to enjoy the inevitable embarrassment and awkwardness. And yeah, it's always the assistants...

Re: groups of friends, I feel like every network of friends I've been in runs its course in ~3 years and in the end everyone silently hates each other. At times I realize I'm not really close to anyone I knew as a child or teenager anymore and that's kind of bleak to think about, not having a long-standing friendship from young age and sharing the same formative experiences etc...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  17. Online shopping's great. You can get drunk without the possibility of being arrested by the police.

18. Yes.

19. Island

Island Staff Member

My friend group might implode in a few months. No worries.

20. SBK

SBK

I love shopping. I love buying pretty much anything.

I just wish I had money to enjoy it much more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.