Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

I'm still right to do the Little Mix discography rate Rain.

2. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Just a general note I'm not sure how the Celine rate fell back so far but it was Discussion Part 3 so it should really be pretty high up.

3. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Don't be sorry...

As I've said before, if anyone wants any of those (aside from X Factor) they are totally up for grabs. I only have them because I want to make sure they happen. I think Phoenix talked about doing the Bananarama one at one point. I oughta PM him.

That's what we did in part 4, and it was best for everyone I think. For the time being, you can definitely put my XF rate under Sophia's and even HeartSwells'. I've got a lot of work right now, so I'm not quite ready to start a new rate at the moment. I still had a few weeks to go in part 4, which was perfect.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  4. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

I'd really love to think of some way to do a rate with Carly Rae Jepsen, but she doesn't really have enough of a catalog to do a discography rate, and she doesn't really have any contemporaries to do a VS with. Like, I guess Megan Trainor maybe, but no thank you.

5. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Kiss vs. Music to Make the Boys Cry vs. Take Me When You Go?

6. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Just to clarify Rain, you are putting us up as we request them but do you plan to spread our rates out a bit. For instance I wouldn't want to have Demi/Hilary back-to-back obviously. It's probably a stupid question, because I know you have it all covered and you are doing great.

7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Thanks Jacket. Can't wait for that one!

I'll wait for cowboystyle to comment (or I might just PM him later) and it'll be first up.

Sounds good! And we can always defer your rate if you're not ready, and then you'll be first up when you are.

Music to Make Boys Cry would totally work, but in the interest of diversifying it a bit (as both of Diana's albums are involved in other rates), maybe Zara Larsson's 1?

And now that you're here Laura, would you still like to keep your Rihanna discography rate?

Yep, they'll be spread out! Not to worry.

8. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Yes please!

9. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

I am so ready for the Rihanna rate, even if I'm dreading having to listen to the first two albums.

10. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

So we'll be getting to The Sats and Sophie sooner rather than later. Yesssss.

In re CĂ©line, I remember it ended up so low when HeartSwells rejigged the list to make things more varied. It was listed back in part 3, so it should be near the top. (I say this because I want to hurry up and dish out them 10's.)

11. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Ooooo I like this. Is Diana Vickers enough of a 'thing' here to interest people?

12. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Back off!

Nocturnes vs Trouble in Paradise vs Music To Make The Boys Cry coming soonish.

13. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Well fine then! I'm not sure it'd fit the 'aesthetic' anyway. But maybe put me down for a Kiss/Take Me When You Go/Some other TBD pure pop album (Heartthrob?) VS, I suppose.

14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I recommended Zara Larsson's 1 a few posts up. It's pure pop and perfect.

15. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

Seconded.

Love that Swedish long lost lil sis/cousin of Rih.

16. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

I want to run a t.A.T.u. discography rate! There were quite a few who said they'd participate when I brought it up in the old thread.

17. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

So does Oriflop.

I don't know that I'd really call Heartthrob, or Take Me When You Go for that matter, a pure pop album in the way Kiss is. But the closest I could offer would be Selena's When the Sun Goes Down and Le Kid's Oh Alright, and I don't think Le Kid are big enough on here to attract many people to the rate (then again, I don't know that Betty or Diana or Zara is either).

18. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

I already warn all of you that it's going to be called JUST WON'T LET UP: THAT RIHANNA RATE.

19. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) - Re-apply for Rates

I'll reclaim my Paramore rate please. Also, if they're back up for grabs, I'll take the Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Amy Winehouse rates (or only one of them if someone else wants/has them).

EDIT: Just seen Sophia has the Sophie rate, so just the Amy one if possible.

20. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I'm not sure what the situation is with the Amy Winehouse rate, so I'd say just PM SunshineConcubine and see if they're still interested or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.