Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 284 | The Popjustice Forum

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Cohost!

evilsin likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

Soon?! I want the X rate after X6, so if that could be delayed... About a Namie rate, I'd have no idea how to even tackle that, so it's all yours for the taking. I could help out with graphics and such, but I'm in no rush to take on something that big when I've never done a rate before.

3. Ha I saw that it was second in the queue and thought you must be going ahead with it anyway.

I can host/co-host it, but I know there are forum members like you who are bigger Namie fans and would do her justice. I think it'd be bigger than the Britney discography re-rate that I'd like to do after B10, and I was hoping to do something a little smaller before I take on that much material.

A full Namie discography rate needs to happen, but perhaps it's not the right time. Unless someone else wants to take it on.

send photo and evilsin like this.
  4. Can I sign up to run a rate on charity ensemble singles?

RainOnFire likes this.
  5. I'm all up for a Namie rate, don't let that JPop reign let up.

mi|kshake and send photo like this.
  6. I was thinking a two part Namie Rate split between like... Queen of Hip-Pop and PLAY or something. @BEST FICTION I hardly think anyone will take the Xtina rate from you if you decide to do Namie in the meantime. If you or @ThisIsRogue need help with it I'm willing to guide you and help (not co-host though, I'm a bit busy with my current rates).

7. Thanks sis, I appreciate the offer. I'm not going to do the Xtina rate until X6 (which means I have about... a year or 2 to wait). But I'm still not sure if I should take on such a huge discography for my very first rate. I will think about it though.

8. Just want to say how good of a job you did on them.
    [​IMG]

evilsin, A&E, Slice of Life and 2 others like this.
  9. How do y'all feel about a rate for duets? It wouldn't be every duet song ever recorded, and I'm still unsure on whether to cut it off at the 1980s or 1990s because I don't want the older songs done wrong (though it's inevitable). There are also some songs on this list that I'm unsure about whether they'd really be classified as duets or not. For example One Sweet Day is credited to Mariah and Boyz II Men, but it's not really a duet if she's singing with more than one other vocalist. Same with Under Pressure, though Freddie Mercury is the only other vocalist David Bowie is singing with.

I've tried to steer clear of songs with features as they're not really duets, but have made some exceptions depending on whether the song structure lends itself to actually being a duet (Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous featuring Timbaland) or has been included on both artists' albums, implying that the song belongs equally to each artist (Nelly - Dilemma featuring Kelly Rowland).

I've also tried to spread the songs over the decades as evenly as I could. I think the list of duets from the 1980s could be triple what it is now, so any suggestions are welcome, as would suggestions for any of the other decades.

Anyway, your input and feedback would be appreciated. Draft list below, and would appreciate suggestions for other songs to include or remove from the list. Songs that I'm unsure of in red.

• Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell // Ain't No Mountain High Enough // 1967 // Single credited as a duet (too old?)
    • Elton John & Kiki Dee // Don't Go Breaking My Heart // 1976 // Single credited as a duet (too old?)
    • Diana Ross & Lionel Richie // Endless Love // 1981 // Single credited as a duet
    • Queen & David Bowie // Under Pressure // 1981 // Single credited as a duet
    • Stevie Nicks & Don Henley // Leather And Lace // 1981 // Single credited as a duet
    • Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney // The Girl Is Mine // 1982 // Single credited as a duet
    • Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder // Ebony And Ivory // 1982 // Single credited as a duet
    • Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton // Islands In The Stream // 1983 // Single credited as a duet
    • Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson // Say Say Say // 1983 // Single credited as a duet
    • Eurythmics & Aretha Franklin // Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves // 1985 // Single credited as a duet
    • Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush // Don't Give Up // 1986 // Single credited as a duet (credited as a duet but is Kate really just the hook girl?)
    • Aretha Franklin & George Michael // I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) // 1987 // Single credited as a duet
    • Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson // Beauty And The Beast // 1991 // Single credited as a duet
    • Youssou N'dour & Neneh Cherry // 7 Seconds // 1994 // Appears on both artists' albums (The Guide and Man)
    • Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue // Where The Wild Roses Grow // 1995 // Single credited as a duet
    • Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men // One Sweet Day // 1995 // Single credited as a duet (not really a duet?)
    • Barbra Streisand & Celine Dion // Tell Him // 1997 // Single credited as a duet
    • Brandy & Monica // The Boy Is Mine // 1998 // Single credited as a duet
    • Celine Dion & R. Kelly // I'm Your Angel // 1998 // Single credited as a duet
    • Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey // When You Believe // 1998 // Single credited as a duet
    • Robbie Williams & Kylie Minogue // Kids // 2000 // Appears on both artists' albums (Sing When You're Winning and Light Years)
    • Christina Aguilera & Ricky Martin // Nobody Wants To Be Lonely // 2000 // Single credited as a duet
    • Whitney Houston & George Michael // If I Told You That // 2000 // Single credited as a duet
    • Jennifer Lopez & Ja Rule // I'm Rule [Murder Remix] // 2001 // Though credited as a feature for Ja Rule, the song structure lends itself for consideration as a duet.
    • Nelly & Kelly Rowland // Dilemma // 2002 // Appears on both artists' albums (Nellyville and Simply Deep)
    • Jennifer Lopez & LL Cool J // All I Have // 2002 // Though credited as a feature for LL Cool J, the song structure lends itself for consideration as a duet.
    • Usher & Alicia Keys // My Boo // 2004 // Single credited as a duet
    • Brian McFadden & Delta Goodrem // Almost Here // 2005 // Single credited as a duet
    • Nelly Furtado & Timbaland // Promiscuous // 2006 // Though credited as a feature for Timbaland, the song structure lends itself for consideration as a duet.
    • Beyonce & Shakira // Beautiful Liar // 2007 // Single credited as a duet
    • Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown // No Air // 2008 // Single credited as a duet
    • R. Kelly & Usher // Same Girl // 2009 // Single credited as a duet
    • Sean Kingston & Justin Bieber // Eenie Meenie // 2010 // Single credited as a duet
    • Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga // The Lady Is A Tramp // 2011 // Single credited as a duet
    • Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen // Good Time // 2012 // Single credited as a duet
    • Rihanna & Mikky Eko // Stay // 2012 // Single credited as a duet
    • Coldplay & Rihanna // Princess of China // 2012 // Single credited as a duet
    • A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera // Say Something // 2013 // Single credited as a duet
    • P!nk & Nate Ruess // Just Give Me A Reason // 2013 // Though credited as a feature for Nate Ruess, the song structure lends itself for consideration as a duet.
    • Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran // Everything Has Changed // 2013 // Though credited as a feature for Ed Sheeran, the song structure lends itself for consideration as a duet.
    • Mariah Carey & Miguel // #Beautiful // 2014 // Single credited as a duet
    • Shakira & Rihanna // Can't Remember To Forget You // 2014 // Though credited as a feature for Rihanna, the song structure lends itself for consideration as a duet.
    • The Chainsmokers & Halsey // Closer // 2016 // Though credited as a feature for Halsey, the song structure lends itself for consideration as a duet.
    • Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello // I Know What You Did Last Summer // 2016 // Single credited as a duet
    • Charlie Puth & Selena Gomez // We Don't Talk Anymore // 2016 // Though credited as a feature for Selena Gomez, the song structure lends itself for consideration as a duet.
    • Ariana Grande & John Legend // Beauty And The Beast // 2017 // Single credited as a duet

tylerc904, Filippa, aniraz and 7 others like this.
  10. Double post - @ohnostalgia suggested a Runners-Up rate in the Winners Rate thread, which I think is a good idea.

11. Love the idea a lot.

How about Robbie Williams en Nicole Kidman's Something Stupid. Or George Michael/Mary J. Blige - As. Also Me Against The Music. They could all not fit the profile you set. Just throwing it out there.

ThisIsRogue and Ray like this.
  12. Ray

Ray

"It's me against the music. It's just me."
    "And me."
    "Oh."

RUNAWAY, slaybellz and 2014 like this.
  13. Sounds like fun, as long as you promise not to include anything from South Park.

Ray and londonrain like this.
  14. Out of interest, how long does it usually take for rates to move up their respective queues? I'm currently number 13 in queue C (previously number 12 so I appear to be moving in the wrong direction..).

15. Quite a while! I'd estimate 8-12 months depending on which list (A, B, or C) you're on.

16. OMG. Atomic Kitten will have recruited more of Kerry's children to fill in by then!

Mina and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  17. My condolences to the host(s).

evilsin, Mina and Slice of Life like this.
  18. Ok but please include One Sweet Day.

19. 2014

2014 Moderator

[​IMG]

Rem, RUNAWAY, evilsin and 10 others like this.
  20. [​IMG]

September 18th.

Participate, I'm worth it. Send your votes from home, oh wo-oah.

Long as your voting is done, done, done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.