Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

They are (Call My Name), I made a mistake. Your Cheryl standom blurs my memory.

2. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

I claimed it, but handed it to Call My Name.

3. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

I think I'll do Kiss, Take Me When You Go, and Heartthrob. (Unless I can think of another Canadian poppy pop act to replace Take Me When You Go With so there's a real 'theme'. I'd throw in a Dragonette album, but I just did the Dragonette rate a month ago.)

4. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Lights maybe?

Other Canadian singers: Céline, Avril, Nelly Furtado, Alanis, Bryan Adams, Drake, Rufus Wainwright, Chantal Kreviazuk, Melanie Fiona.

5. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Oh wait duh.

I would like to update my rate in the queue as a Canadian Pop Darlings rate with Kiss, Heartthrob, and Little Machines, if anyone would be interested in voting in that?

6. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Robbie Williams rate just finished!

7. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

What is Heartthrob? The other two are masterpieces.

8. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Heartthrob was the third best album of last year.

9. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Yes to Little Machines!

10. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Any rate that has Little Machines, I would be Speeding to cuz it feels good.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  11. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

cowboystyle has passed off Celine to me - I'm going to suggest splitting Celine like P'Nut did with Mariah (the impact). I'll start with 90's Celine, and should there be interest, do the back half of her catalogue.

Amazing. So many tens, it's ridiculous.
    '

12. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

The last good work Greg Kurstin did.

(It's the most recent Tegan and Sara album)

13. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

I haven't actually listened to Lights, but this will give me an impetus to. I do hope we're rating the super-absurd-Japan-deluxe version of Kiss. The bonus track section will be my next Blackout/Artpop.

Are you still just doing singles though? I'm not sure I'd be up for a Céline discography rate - I'd happily do from Falling Into You through Loved Me Back to Life, but I find her albums really really patchy before that. (And I say "from Falling Into You," but Let's Talk About Love really would be my next Blackout/Artpop. So many 0's.)

14. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

But of course, especially given that Sara Quin co-wrote Sweetie, it kind of brings everything together. Plus the chorus to Melt With You is glorious and I am going to make sure everyone is subjected to it.

15. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

I tried PMing Blob about the Avril rate and he was online that day after I PMed. I just checked now and he's been online since too. Either he's ignoring me about it or doesn't care, because he's yet to respond or post here claiming the rate. Avril needs to be done one way or another.

16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Alrighty, so the Céline rate can get started on Monday!

17. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Phoebe Buffay cackling.gif

18. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

I'm giving a 10 to everything in the Celine rate. Anti-trolling!

19. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

AMAZING!

I think I'm going to do the singles - just did a sweep and saw that it's got enough dark horses in the mix to be fun.

I'm thrilled.

20. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Cool I might give Celine a go, if I find that my scores won't give her a fair enough shake I'll bow out gracefully.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.