Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 452 | The Popjustice Forum

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. I'm just confused. I don't give out zeroes for the most part, so I don't care about that. But whose commentary for a specific song is going to be "Her fans are lesbians!" or "She swings from ceilings lol!"? Especially when there are 140+ Pink songs to go through... It's also not like she's going to be put up against other artists. Whoever takes part would surely enjoy Pink's music overall and want to see the results, but they're also going to think some songs are bad? The individual songs that leave a rate first are always going to be shat on. I feel like my scores/commentary would be scrutinized for favoring certain eras.

Like I said, I've seen you raise the zeroes thing before, but I think this does veer into maybe some sort of protectiveness where you want to shield Pink from any criticism even though the nature of a rate requires criticism... And while I get that you want to make it a positive, welcoming experience, it actually makes me feel less positive and/or welcome to take part.

2. HOW. @ohnostalgia removed commentary that came across sexist and still received questionable commentary in the TS rate. I'm just saying I don't want that kind of commentary? And people are acting like I'm an authoritarian? If people don't do that in their commentary then GREAT less work for me!

Maki and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. But you didn't present any of this as "sexist commentary will not be tolerated"...

4. I am not a P!nk hater so these rules would not apply to me but surely you must realize you come off "authoritarian" by saying you can't give zeros, even if you hate the song, and can't comment on the most omnipresent part of her live act for the last 10 years? A good host can take off stan goggles for the duration of the rate.

KingBruno and slaybellz like this.
  5. I’m not against zeros completely, I just want people to be thoughtful about them and consider if they’re being extra for the sake of being extra. If you truly think it’s a zero fine. But I continue to get the sense that there are some rate participants who use zero as code for I slightly dislike this song, so that’s an auto-zero. If you’re not that person, there’s nothing to worry about.

6. Questionable commentary will not be tolerated, if it comes to it. I can make posts again about why I find them questionable and a total waste of time but I don't want to have to do that.

Someone explain to me what I'm saying that's wrong when I'm literally just saying:

and we will be voting on a 1-10 scale to try it out, with zeroes reserved just like the 11 is.

Also: I'm not saying you can't comment on her acrobatics? I'm saying I can't be bothered to entertain the memery around them so... don't send it in as commentary? And I said that because someone, a fan, posted that tired meme .

Sprockrooster and Maki like this.
  7. Also hosts delete commentary all the time for arbitrary reasons - including there were too many commentaries saying the same thing. A rate host is not obligated to post your commentary. In some ways isn’t it better to know what won’t be posted so you don’t spend five minutes writing a bunch of commentary the host will just delete anyways?

I can’t remember if I told people I would delete sexist commentary ahead of the Taylor rate, but I do remember posting a similar stipulation before the Winners Rate Pt. 2 because I didn’t want to post questionable commentary and then explain why it was questionable

8. RJF

RJF

I'm still waiting on this list of toxic rates I've run.

AshleyKerwin and KingBruno like this.
  9. Not that your rates are toxic, but there are multiple rates of yours I've taken part in that have at times become IMO toxic and this isn't brand new information - I've said all of this before.

10. Not P!nk of all people causing all this commotion 19 years and 8 albums into her career. The younger pop girls wish.

11. RJF

RJF

Big Pop Girls 2013
    Madonna Parts 1, 2, & 3
    Big Pop Girls 2016
    Beyoncé

...which one of these did you vote in?

12. For what's it's worth, as a new rate host, I've actually found a lot the discussion,opinions, & comments (on both sides) the last couple of pages interesting & informative. I think most everyone just wants the best rate experience, both as participant & host. A fair amount of time & passion goes into it, both ways.

In the rates I've followed, I really considered zeros more of a pet peeve, than anything, but reading some of the thoughts here I understand (that when used in moderation) can serve a purpose in a rate. I'm actually a nerd who's interested in the process, so I like understanding how people arrive at their scores.

I imagine the catch-all clause that a rate host reserves the right to decline a troll ballot, would cover situations where you think someone has drifted too far into excessive zeros (or low scores/toxic commentary in general).

I'll admit that I cringed a bit every time I saw a zero in the Taylor rate, though now with ME!... I'm like Taylor:

[​IMG]

(I can't remember if there were any in the Nessa rate. If there were, I was so traumatized I've blocked them from memory.)

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  13. Me reworking my commentary for the Pink rate now we can't make ''her fans are lesbians'' jokes and I can't shoehorn my iconic post in there

[​IMG]

14. Only a few for the lowest ranking songs, but a certain voter gave most of the songs from Rabbits and Liberman 4s and lower.

15. I don't know a single lesbian that's a fan of Pink.

16. Um.

Verandi, nikkysan, soratami and 2 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Moderator

Good grief this promeaux though!

18. Any press is good press. Am I right?

19. Really? I'm not even exaggerating when I say that every lesbian I've been friends with has been a Pink stan. Not even just fan, but literally worshipping the ground she walks on.

20. [​IMG]

(I do really like a lot of her material, but I still don’t understand the love for Liberman. It’s nowhere near what she is capable of.)

DJHazey likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.