Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 481 | The Popjustice Forum

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. @RainOnFire Could I be added to the queue to host a Natasha Bedingfield discography rate?
    Would be my first time hosting rate on here but I've done a fair few elsewhere and am well aware of the time commitment.

2. I looove her Unwritten era and would love to hear more so I am in.

3. I am actually here for a Natasha Bedingfield rate. There are so much bops I often forgot she brought. There has to be more in the back catalogue.

4. I kinda love this actually... and let's be honest, if all your rate art looked like this, Kate Nash would fucking love it! DIY QUEEN.

So excited for this rate & love your new avatar pic, too!

5. Um...this is generally a really difficult post for me to write but...I have to be honest with you all. I've had a very challenging year and as a result, I haven't been able to do the prep I wanted to for the Alt Pop rate. I'm a perfectionist and I spent the best part of 9 months on both of the previous rates I hosted, and ensured that almost all of the write-ups were completed ahead of the deadline for scores. This time...I've done nothing. Like, NOTHING. I recently graduated and since finishing my degree I've been working non-stop. The idea was that I would do all the prep over the summer...but I really underestimated how much time I would have to do all this, especially since I have so many more commitments than I had two years ago. As I am due to start my graduate scheme next week, I know damn-well that I will not have the time to do the rate properly.

In light of this, there are three options:
    - Someone else takes over the slot and does it.
    - Someone (or two others) want to co-host it with me, with the write-ups being divided between us.
    - It doesn't go ahead, which would be a shame but I'm pretty sure all the albums I would have included will be rated elsewhere.

Thoughts?

6. 2014

2014 Moderator

I’d be up for cohosting?? If you want.

constantino, Lila, RUNAWAY and 4 others like this.
  7. Was there ever a Love. Angel. Music. Baby vs The Dutchess vs Loose rate?

8. What's the connection between these three albums? I get L.A.M.B. vs. The Dutchess, but Loose?

9. I always thought they were seen as the trinity of pop/RnB at that time.

From L.A.M.B.'s Wikipedia:

The success of the album's urban contemporary-oriented songs in the adult contemporary market allowed for the success of other artists while Stefani was pregnant and later recording The Sweet Escape. Nelly Furtado's third album Loose was released in June 2006 and was primarily produced by and written with hip hop producers Timbaland and Danja. Furtado's reinvention from a worldbeat singer-songwriter was to Stefani's previous forays into urban contemporary music.[90] In his review of Loose, Rob Sheffield of Rolling Stone stated that Timbaland aimed to "produce an omnipop multiformat blockbuster in the style of [Love. Angel. Music. Baby.]—but without Gwen."[91] The Black Eyed Peas member Fergie released her solo debut album The Dutchess in September 2006. The cholas that accompanied Fergie in some of her music videos were viewed as derivatives of the Harajuku Girls and Stefani's "Luxurious" music video.[92] The album's lead single "London Bridge" was paralleled to "Hollaback Girl" and the third single "Glamorous" to "Luxurious".[93] Fergie refuted accusations of piggybacking on Stefani's music, stating that "this is all so ridiculous [...] The Peas and I make music we love, and for others to speculate is their problem."[

10. If I'd been involved in that rate she'd halve had a third vote for sure. Everybody Move is still one of my all time favourite albums, the other 2 are fab as well.

pop3blow2 likes this.
  11. I just remembered that I used to do things like that on my MacBook too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 4:34 AM
    londonrain and OspreyQueen like this.
  12. ddddd DAMN I've just sent two ballots today and here comes a new rate I want to do.

13. Lemme see what my work schedule is like before i commit to this nn...

Sprockrooster and 2014 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.