Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

I just had an idea for a rate while listening to the tracks for the Max Martin one. Something like "Popjustice All-Stars: The Bloodbath", where we'd pit all previous rate winners head-to-head.

2. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

This sounds incredible and terrifying and I'm eager to take part.

3. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

I had a Ciara singles rate in the queue and I'd like to be put up for a Loose vs The Dutchess vs Good Girl Gone Bad rate too!

4. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

Celine is live! Get to it, children. I suggest sparsing her out - she has 72 fucking singles, just in English alone.

5. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

I better get that Payola going.

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

There were only a handful of rates left so I just PMed everyone who hadn't gotten back to me. I know there are a few users who come and go so it wouldn't be fair to just assume they didn't want their rate anymore.

A massive thank you to everyone who posted in here and saved me the time! I'm glad things seem to be working out.

And I know we're a few weeks away but you guys can always get started on discussing what you want your In Demand rate to be. Just so I (and the rate host) have a general idea of what looks to be the most popular at the moment, and they can get ready with their write-ups and such.

7. RJF

RJF

The sistrens better flock to the Queen of Pop.

8. I'm down for RJF to start the Madge Mayhem. Absolutely here for it.

It'll be kinda fun to have Mariah, Celine, Max and Madonna all in the queue.

9. Re: General Rate Discussion, Questions, and Suggestions (Part 5) ***Re-apply for Rates ***

She doesn't have that many B-sides, does she? Cyberraga, Ain't No Big Deal - what else?

I'd love to rate the unreleased stuff, only so I could give Broken and Like an Angel Passing Through My Room the 10's they so richly deserve, but I think that's asking a bit much.

I don't mind doing it by decade, but I wouldn't really mind doing it all in one go, either.

10. Sam

Sam

I might give the Madge rate a go. It's a while since I've took part, and I'm not particularly interested by her, so it could prove interesting.

11. True Blue will be my anti-Blackout. American Life too, come to think of it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  12. Poised to unleash my inner True Blue stan.

13. I've already made the file for my ratings, went ahead and did my True Blue ratings, and got an album average of 8.78. 8.86 for American Life.

I made a list of "extras," including B-sides, non-album singles, soundtrack songs (non-Evita/Dick Tracy/Who's That Girl), collabs, and such, and I stand corrected in re my earlier statement that she only had a couple, but there aren't THAT many - another album or two worth, which is not bad at all spread out over the decades if RJF goes that route.

A-SIDES:
    Crazy for You
    Gambler
    Spotlight
    Justify My Love
    Rescue Me
    I Want You
    I'll Remember
    You'll See
    One More Chance
    Beautiful Stranger
    Revolver
    Celebration

B-SIDES:
    Ain't No Big Deal - True Blue
    Supernatural - Cherish
    Let Down Your Guard - Secret
    History - Jump

COMPILATION TRACKS:
    Your Honesty - Remixed and Revisited
    Santa Baby - A Very Special Christmas
    Goodbye to Innocence - Just Say Roe
    Freedom - Carnival!
    Time Stood Still - The Next Best Thing OST

COLLABS:
    Be Careful (Cuidado con Mi Corazón) - Ricky Martin
    Me Against the Music - Britney Spears

That's considering the following tracks as album tracks, since they appeared as bonus tracks on at least one edition:

Into the Groove - Like a Virgin
    Has to Be - Ray of Light
    American Pie - Music
    Cyberraga - Music
    Fighting Spirit - Confessions
    Super Pop - Confessions
    Ring My Bell - Hard Candy

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  14. RJF

RJF

Clear my rate, RainOnFire!

15. Bloody hell, what a rate Madge would be.

16. RJF

RJF

I do not think doing Madonna's entire back catalogue in one go is a good idea. Not only does she have a career spanning four decades, she also has an album potentially dropping in the New Year which I don't want to omit.

17. I'm definitely in on that Madonna rate, but I think it should be split up by decade.

18. I was just coming in here to say this. Having it happen all at once sounds like it could be a monumental task for anyone who isn't well-versed in her music.

19. I'm ready for Me Against The Music to slay the whole Madge rate.

(and Waiting can take 2nd.)

20. RJF

RJF

I'm not doing her features as they are, in theory, not her songs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.