☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. 54 VOTERS?

[​IMG]

THE GRAPHICS?

[​IMG]

THIS IS GOING TO BE ICONIQUE.

[​IMG]

myblood, Remorque, Animalia and 23 others like this.
  2. @vague oppa, his mind.... ugh...

We couldn't have hoped for a better host. xoxo

Also, I'm already mad because 'dal segno' shouldn't have been the first intro out. Cancel the rate pls xoxo

myblood, Remorque, Animalia and 17 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No.4
    Into the New Heart

by LOOΠΔ 1/3

Score: 7.477

High scores: 10×6 (@enjoy, @Rainbow Trousers, @yourbetterknow, @clowezra, @He, @McQueer), 9.5×1 (@yuuurei), 9×10 (@ryjm, @RUNAWAY, @send photo, @Slice of Life, @BEST FICTION, @askew, @GeiPanda, @Petit nain des Îles, @Charles Vingt-†rois, @vague)
    Low scores: 4×1 (@soratami), 4.5×1 (@Sanctuary), 5×7 (@Dangerous Maknae, @codecat, @Reboot, @Coming Century, @eccentricsimply, @Mikl C, @_hazzie_)
    My score: 9​

"Into the New Heart" is the intro track to LOOΠΔ 1/3's debut mini-album, "Love&Live", released on March 13, 2017. It was arranged and composed by MonoTree's NOPARI and Hwang Hyun, and features TRAX member Kim Jungmo on guitar. The track was first revealed in the LOOΠΔ New Project teaser announcing the group's first sub-unit on February 6, 2017.

@He (10) — "Not 1/3 with the best intro that SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SONG. I demand this remade into a LOONA track. It’s so interesting and videogamey. "

@yuuurei (9.5) — "Very cool, I love the guitar, but I took half a point off because I don't feel like it really matches the rest of the album at all?"

@ryjm (9) — "The intro that started the trend of flawless openers, this sounds incredibly epic and works perfectly as a hype track, the only issue is that the rock-leaning production is at complete odds with the sonic footprint of the mini as a whole. So while it is a good intro, it just doesn’t work in the context of the album."

@RUNAWAY (9) — "that guitar slays every time."

@Slice of Life (9) — "The best song of the album."

@GeiPanda (9) — "WERK THAT GUITAR JUNGMO."

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "Campy as fuck, I'm into this mix of genres so much. I feel like this could be used as the soundtrack of a combat game while you're in the "choose your fighter" part of the menu."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (9) — "this intro takes 1/3 where it should have gone in terms of androids and apocalypse, while doing pop."

@ohnostalgia (8) — "Why didn’t the 1/3 mini sound more like this?"

@HappyBirthday (8) — "GUITARS! When I bought this album I looped this 12 times before I ever made it to Love & Live."

@Rem (8) — "The fucking beat, the electric guitars, the build up. They did what had to be done. I wish this was a full song though, god."

@ohaimanabu (8) — "Fiery intro. Love the 80s arena rock-styled drums and synth."

@mokimbird (8) — "GUITAR HERO / 10"

@Oleander (7.25) — "I actually really love this intro but my gripe with it is that it doesn’t sound like it belongs on Love & Live despite the fact that it uses vocals from other tracks on it. In a way, it would make more sense on Love & Evil but even then it would seem out of place but I’ll open that whole can of worms when we get there."

@Empty Shoebox (7) — "This is video game music, isn't it?"

@Remorque (7) — "Okay, but why is this more epic than anything else on the album???"

@Cotton Park — (7) "I love this audacious track, but nothing about it says, One Slash Three. It might even be a little over the top for the New Nocturnal Queens of Over the Top.*
    *Dreamcatcher"

@eliminathan (6.5) — "Kind of loses it's way at the end there with the drums coming it but it's fine."

@Ana Raquel (6) — "It's the first time hearing it. Nice to see the rate was full of discoveries."

@Vixen (6) — "The guitar is epic, but the whole thing kinda feels...a little bit flat to me. It doesn't really lead into 'L&L' all that well..."

@codecat (5) — "Both 1/3 intros stick out like a sore thumb. But this one...yikes. It does make me yearn for the next song to come though."

@eccentricsimply (5) — "It just- doesn't match anything nñn I don't know why they thought this was a good choice."

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Remorque, Animalia, Rem and 27 others like this.
  4. Oh....so this is what happens when I decide to be a bit more critical with my scores? What a mess.

[​IMG]

This shouldn't have been the first one to go....sigh.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    PopZeitgeist, Remorque, Rem and 11 others like this.
  5. Truly the worst thing in 1/3's discography.

Remorque and Vixen like this.
  6. DDDDDDDDDDD WE ARE SO MESSY

myblood, Remorque, Rem and 15 others like this.
  7. two robberies???? already???????

Rem, RUNAWAY, evilsin and 6 others like this.
  8. oh this is gonna be a damn good time LMAO

Remorque, Rem, nikkysan and 8 others like this.
  9. I hadn't realised the intros were being rated separately. Might have scored them a little higher if I knew they weren't in competition with the other songs. That said, I'm pleased the two I like the least left first.

Remorque, vague and ohaimanabu like this.
  10. Well, not the intro I would have chosen to leave first, and Into the New Heart should have placed two spots higher, but it's fine.

@vague these gorgeous graphics! The informative write-ups! The post layout!
    ur doing amazing sweetie.png

Oleander, Remorque, Rem and 9 others like this.
  11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No.3
    Love&Evil

by LOOΠΔ 1/3

Score: 7.523

High scores: 10×7 (@Rainbow Trousers, @Serg., @RUNAWAY, @yourbetterknow, @yuuurei, @eliminathan, @Vixen), 9×9 (@teerofinale, @junglefish, @Love Deluxe, @Slice of Life @DrinkMyTears, @BEST FICTION, @GeiPanda, @McQueer, @Petit nain des Îles)
    Low scores: 3×1 (@Hurricane Drunk), 4×2 (@Sanctuary, @Empty Shoebox)
    My score: 8.75​

"Love&Evil" is the intro track to LOOΠΔ 1/3's repackage mini-album, "Love&Evil", released on April 27, 2017. It was arranged and composed by Meng-i and SWEETCH (MAJORIG); the duo also wrote "알 수 없는 비밀 (Sonatine)", and SWEETCH has worked on CLC's "SUMMER KISS", THE UNI+'s "PRESENT", and has several solo releases as well. A shortened version of the track was used in the "알 수 없는 비밀 (Sonatine)" MV teaser released on April 24, 2017.

In the description for the "알 수 없는 비밀 (Sonatine)" music video, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:

@RUNAWAY (10) — "DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA"

@yuuurei (10) — "This is absolutely gorgeous, my only complaint is that it's not longer."

@eliminathan (10) — "Wow I never listened to the intros but this intro is the truth tea and I'm shook that it's not a full song because that would get a 10 too even if it was just a solo Yeojin track."

@Vixen (10) — "This is so magical and beautiful. I kinda wish it was a full song, as with most intros I guess."

@Slice of Life (9) — "AHASDGSDJHF Why are their intros are so good though??? And even better than their actual songs ddddddd. I can't."

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "Spooky chords are right on time. It's almost Halloween so I'm ready to put this intro on every upcoming playlist."

@ohnostalgia (8.5) — "Movie trailer realness."

@eccentricsimply (8.5) — "This matches the rest of the mini better than the other intro."

@mokimbird (8.5) — "PIANO HERO / 10"

@codecat (8) — "So exquisite and well-crafted. It'd be interesting to see them go full 1/3 but EVIL, with some Castlevania-like songs such as this one."

@send photo (8) — "Ddd why are we rating instrumentals" (blame @codecat ddd)

@Rem (8) — "It’s giving me Disney villain teas."

@He (8) — "Pull my heartstrings a bitsy."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (8) — "Listened to this for the rate… It announces something way bigger than the mini that follows but why not."

@Oleander (7.5) — "Again, I love this intro but it is still sort of out of place on its parent album. Is it kind of menacing, yeah. Is it “Evil?” Not really. However, it makes more sense in the context of the album that Into the New Heart does, especially since it has that classical-inflected drama to it at the end and we have the song that ended Mozart, Bach, and Beethoven (Sonatine) on the album. My gripes with the song are really more about the album as a whole. I get why they called it “Love & Evil” but the album doesn’t really embody that “evil” concept."

@ryjm (7) — "This is a beautiful opener to the Love & Evil repackage, unlike “Into The New Heart”, this intro works perfectly in the context of the mini, foreshadowing the classical elements of Sonatine whilst establishing a more dramatic tone for the album."

@Ana Raquel (7) — "I like this more than the "big songs" I don't know if this is a good thing."

@ohaimanabu (7) — "A mood setter, perfect for when you wanna listen to the entire release at once, but not something I play alone lol"

@Cotton Park (7) — "Everything about this says "Prepare Your Little Self For DRAMA." And as we've seen, they deliver..."

@HappyBirthday (6) — "When doing this rate, I was surprised to find I preferred this intro to some album tracks."

@Remorque (5) — "Bit serious, innit."

@Empty Shoebox (4) — "This is music from a stupid advert about insurance, isn't it?"

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    ddog, Oleander, Remorque and 27 others like this.
  12. This intro elimination part is fun because I can already see how this rate is gonna go and how much I'm going to hate some of y'all by the end :)

Oleander, Remorque, Capitan and 11 others like this.
  13. Well...This is going awful.

14. well, that's it for me tonight. it's 3am here and i'm exhausted dddd. tomorrow we'll crown K-Popjustice's favorite LOOΠΔ intro, and then the real fun will begin.

any guesses on which ODD EYE CIRCLE intro will take the crown?

15. Considering 'ADD' is much better than 'Odd', I'm gonna take a guess by how things are going right now and say bad taste will prevail and 'Odd' will be #1 xoxo

Oleander, Remorque, Rem and 10 others like this.
  16. He

He

ODD doesn’t have the range for top 2.

Remorque and Vixen like this.
  17. [​IMG]

You called?
    Oh and ODD is going to win. I've planted that seed speak into existence gif etc.

Oleander, Remorque, vague and 10 others like this.
  18. He

He

Not fucking Xuxa is this thread!

19. oop

[​IMG]

20. He

He

Expose my childhood a bitsy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.