☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. This rate is going to be so brutal, I can already feel it.

Oleander, Remorque, codecat and 12 others like this.
  2. Already in awe at how gorgeous this rate is. It's honestly what LOONA deserves. So looking forward to more @vague.

ddog, Oleander, Remorque and 19 others like this.
  3. Amazing job so far, @vague!

myblood, Oleander, Remorque and 9 others like this.
  4. Love & Evil should have fqn won! What the fuck?!

Remorque, vague, Capitan and 4 others like this.
  5. Oh thank god the intros are being rated separately because I ended up giving out higher scores to them than certain actual songs and I was worried I would be exposed and dragged for it ddddd

The graphics are stunning @vague! You've put so much work into this rate already. I'm so glad I participated in this, it's gonna be a blast.

myblood, Oleander, Remorque and 12 others like this.
  6. Truth.

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No.2
    ADD

by LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE

Score: 7.670

High scores: 10×5 (@ryjm, @Slice of Life, @Vixen, @askew, @Petit nain des Îles), 9.5×2 (@Love Deluxe, @vague), 9×10 (@codecat, @yourbetterknow, @nikkysan, @yuuurei, @clowezra, @ohaimanabu, @mokimbird, @Remorque, @GeiPanda, @He)
    Low scores: 3×2 (@Sanctuary, @Serg.), 4×1 (@teerofinale)
    My score: 9.5​

"ADD" is the intro track to LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE's repackage mini-album, "Max&Match", released on October 31, 2017. It was arranged and composed by NOPARI, GOLO, and Hwang Hyun of MonoTree, all of whom have worked on several other LOOΠΔ songs. A slightly different version of the track was first revealed in the ODD EYE CIRCLE "Reveal" teaser released on August 30, 2017.

In the description for the "Sweet Crazy Love" music video, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:

@ryjm (10) — "Arguably the best intro (excluding + +), it perfectly encapsulates the atmospheric vibe of OEC as a unit, the production is surreal and ethereal, setting the stage for what is a masterpiece of a mini."

@Slice of Life (10) — "NOT THIS INFINITE BY WAY OF SWEETUNE INTRO THOUGH. Stunning."

@Vixen (10) — "I think it might be my favorite... It's just so mysterious and creepy and fits OEC and their theme so much."

@Petit nain des Îles (10) — "Love me an over the top instrumental with ideas for like four different songs thrown in it? Instant 10, and what about it?"

@codecat (9) — "See, this is obviously a great intro because who wouldn't want to listen to this in full with an actual song on top? The quality jumped out."

@yuuurei (9) — "Love this one, it's really mysterious and cool."

@ohaimanabu (9) — "Giving me atmosphere and a bit of a booty shake too!"

@mokimbird (9) - "SYNTHERIZER HERO 2 / 10"

@Remorque (9) - "The ambience... Perfect intro for the album. Very atmospheric and I love that it's so synthy."

@He (9) - "The soundtrack to the most amazing teaser ever. I gagged so many times watching it, and this intro just makes its own danceable beast."

@Oleander (8.75) - "Now, this is what I’m talking about. Give me those “eerie and creepy atmospheric but still a club banger” vibes that I love. Honestly, this sounds more similar to Odd Front than ODD does ddd. Maybe they should have switched the names."

@eliminathan (8.5) — "A creepy bop"

@Empty Shoebox (8) — "This is the best of the intros, isn't it? Nice menacing sound to it."

@Cotton Park (8) "The one intro I never skip over, ever."

@ohnostalgia (7.5) — "Cute."

@Ana Raquel (7) — "I'm OEC biased but not as biased as ODD."

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    ddog, Oleander, Remorque and 26 others like this.
  8. Which means the winner of the intros mini-rate is . . .

[​IMG]

Hey boy
    Don't worry anything tonight
    I'll be there like moonlight
    Everything's gon be alright

[​IMG]

No.1
    ODD

by LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE

Score: 7.920

High scores: 10×12 (@PopZeitgeist, @junglefish, @codecat, @Slice of Life, @BEST FICTION, @askew, @mokimbird, @Remorque, @aaronhansome, @Hurricane Drunk, @McQueer, @vague), 9.5×1 (@DrinkMyTears), 9×7 (@teerofinale, @Serg., @Ana Raquel, @clowezra, @ohaimanabu, @GeiPanda, @Petit nain des Îles)
    Low scores: 4×2 (@Sanctuary, @HappyBirthday), 5×4 (@Reboot, @Coming Century, @eliminathan, @OspreyQueen)
    My score: 10​

"ODD" is the intro track to LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE's debut mini-album, "Mix&Match", released on September 21, 2017. It was arranged and composed by Ollipop and Hayley Aitken (who have worked together on OEC's "Girl Front", Red Velvet's "Lucky Girl", and Girls Generation's "All Night"), and with lyrics by MonoTree's G-high. A modified version of the track was used in the "Girl Front" MV teaser. On the "Max&Match" repackage mini-album, "ODD" was mashed up with "Girl Front" creating a new song, "ODD Front".

In the description for the "Girl Front" music video, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:

@codecat (10) — "This might come as a bit extra but there's a comic out there in the web that's just a person pensively looking at their dog without its collar, and then the person says "you're nakey!" I feel the same way when I listen to Girl Front without ODD."

@Slice of Life (10) — "Ugh, perfect intro. It's still very mysterious but so summery too? Kweens."

@mokimbird (10) — "SYNTHESIZER HERO / 10"

@Remorque (10) — "Talk about a build-up. We were not ready."

@Ana Raquel (9) — "I'm OEC biased."

@ohaimanabu (9) — "Definitely the best intro on account of leading into one of the best songs in their discography so far!"

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "Iconic, I wish someone would sing to me over the phone." (ddd this comment is so cute and pure?)

@ohnostalgia (8.5) — "Bubbly!"

@Vixen (8) — "So glossy and quirky, I love it. Makes for the perfect Intro just before 'Girl Front'."

@He (8) — "Phew, this really segues amazingly well into Girl Front, doesn’t it? We love a dedicated production team. "

@Cotton Park (8) — "My sentimental favorite of the intros, framing one of the most iconic of OEC lines, 'I'll be there like moonlight....'"

@Oleander (7.75) — "It’s nice but I prefer ADD."

@Empty Shoebox (7) — "This is an old polyphonic ringtone with a vocal sample added, isn't it?"

@ryjm (6) — "The weakest of the intros, essentially recycling the production elements of the title track, it feels almost lazy in execution, when we know in hindsight that it’s essentially a snippet of the ODD Front remix."

@yuuurei (6) — "It's fine. It goes well with the album, and I like the laugh at the end. It's just a tad boring."

@eliminathan (5) — "It's pretty annoying listening to Girl front for an 45 extra seconds and this intro is not enough on it's own to warrant listening to."

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    ddog, Oleander, Remorque and 26 others like this.
  9. Rem

Rem

Talent won as it should.

10. I hate you guys so so so so much.

Disgusting...

Oleander, ryjm, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  11. That was a splendid rate, really deserving winner! Thank you for hosting @vague I'm driving myself out before 'Kiss Later' is out later tonight.

[​IMG]

12. I didn’t really care which intro won when you kicked out the best at 5, but beautiful graphics @vague

13. So not even the best OEC intro won this mini-rate? I'm already done with y'all.

Oleander, Remorque, Rem and 11 others like this.
  15. Oh my god, I can't believe talent won! I'm so proud of y'all!

[​IMG]

No, but seriously, had we switched these two around I could have lived with it even if it wasn't my "ideal" order.....whatever that means ddd. I really should have rated these intros last as I was definitely a bit too harsh on them. Oh well, I'd rather screw up at this stage of the rate than during the scoring for the actual songs which I just know some of y'all did......multiple times.

ohaimanabu, Remorque, Rem and 9 others like this.
  16. My new favorite four users. Everyone else is blocked. xoxo

Oleander, Remorque, ryjm and 3 others like this.
  17. Sweet Mother of Crazy Gawd.

This...
    [​IMG]
    ...is one fuckedy fuckin' great gif. That is OEC.

ddog, Oleander, Remorque and 18 others like this.
  18. [​IMG]

My dumbass being the lowest voter for a bunch cause I didn't realize they'd be ranked separately ddd.

ddog, Oleander, Remorque and 16 others like this.
  19. [​IMG]

ddog, Sanctuary, Remorque and 27 others like this.
  20. here's the original file without the header if you want it:
    [​IMG]

unfortunately i didn't save the uncropped version :B

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.