☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. DDDDDD NOOOOO!!! BINCH I LOVE YOU

2. ugh my MIND!!

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. I win! x

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. I honestly just wanted to use this gif of Jinsoul, it's iconique.

7. Jesus, @vague, those are some fabulous artworks for the eliminations. I'm jelly.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  8. @vague unnie you are already killing it with all these visuals!
    [​IMG]
    The presentation, the write ups, the GIFs. YATH! It's what LOOΠΔ deserves.

Capitan, Oleander, Remorque and 13 others like this.
  9. Perhaps @vague is secretly a member of Digipedi, so they have access to the lossless unedited footage of the music videos, hence the quality of the artwork?

10. Hey @Vixen unnie...........................
    [​IMG]
    Don't worry anything tonight....................

[​IMG]
    I'll be there like moonlight..........................

[​IMG]
    la la la la la laaaaaa..................................
    [​IMG]
    Everything's gonna be alright ~
    [​IMG]

Whew we love when bad taste prevails! We love a winner! Stream ODD now!

11. Agreed 100%

but we need the original video where this gif comes from.

Remorque and vague like this.
  12. I'm so here for all this @vague stanning. it's-what-she-deserves.jpg

13. He

He

@vague you’re doing amazing, sweetie.

Also:
    -1/3 had the more interesting intros;
    -ODD is just parts of Girl Front, and while great sounding, it’s just redundant;
    -ADD should have won in that case;
    -And none for beauty&thebeat.

14. I've already made peace with the 1/3 tracks being done dirty in this rate (poor Yeojin TT) so let's at least get Chaotic top 10 and D-1 Top 20 :) k bye

Remorque and vague like this.
  15. Not me thinking this is a picture of Yeojin when it's actually Vivi dddd. If Everyday I Need You is the first one out.....especially when the video gave us Jinsoul's iconic debut shot.....

Edit:

[​IMG]

Visual Queen!

Slice of Life, Rem, Remorque and 10 others like this.
  16. I'm fucking stanning, people.

The correct intro (read: the only I have the full dix points to) won!

ODD is already iconique in its own single way and segues sweetly into Girl Front, one of the best songs in Kpop I've ever heard. I've not been a Kpop fan for a very long time...

And what even are all these gifs?

LOOΠΔ deserves @vague, not the other way around.

codecat, evilsin, Kuhleezi and 6 others like this.
  17. As you probably guessed from the teaser last night, the song in last place features ViVi . . .

It's not from her solo album . . .

[​IMG]

Together with you in the sky
    Where a blue star floats brightly
    We share stories of the hidden sunlight all night
    And fall asleep, my fairy tale

[​IMG]

No.44
    Fairy Tale

by LOOΠΔ 1/3

Score: 5.259

High scores: 9.5×1 (@Petit nain des Îles), 9×2 (@codecat, @yuuurei), 8.5×2 (@Rainbow Trousers, @McQueer)
    Low scores: 0×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois), 1×1 (@PopZeitgeist), 2×4 (@ryjm, @enjoy, @Ana Raquel, @Hurricane Drunk)
    My score: 6

5 ballots: No.42, 3.7 avg.
    10 ballots: No.44, 3.85 avg.
    15 ballots: No.41, 4.83 avg.
    20 ballots: No.41, 5.15 avg.
    25 ballots: No.42, 4.9 avg.
    30 ballots: No.41, 5.15 avg.
    35 ballots: No.43, 5.27 avg.
    40 ballots: No.44, 5.163 avg.
    45 ballots: No.44, 5.2 avg.
    50 ballots: No.44, 5.27 avg.
    54 ballots: No.44, 5.259 avg.

"Fairy Tale" is the fourth track on LOOΠΔ 1/3's debut mini-album, "Love&Live", released on March 13, 2017. It was written, arranged, and composed by Artronic Waves. HeeJin performed a short, solo version of the song in the third episode of season two of LOOΠΔ's web drama Woomanna, and LOOΠΔ / yyxy covered it during their LieV event on July 11, 2018.

I was honestly surprised this ended up being the first song out, since no one really singled it out as one of their least favorites. But ballads never seem to do too well in rates on here, so I guess I can't be too surprised ddd. I really like this song, though; it's so relaxing and gentle and, to me, feels like a warm, spring night in song form. I have this in a short playlist I listen to while I'm trying to fall asleep, which is probably the best way to enjoy this ddd.

@Petit nain des Îles (9.5) — "Rhodes will always elevate a ballad. Absolutely beautiful. Not too far from Let Me In in a good way."

@codecat (9) — "There's not much to Fairy Tale, it's just a Rhodes piano lullaby with vocals - and that's what it makes it so special. The moment when the strings show up and they start chanting in harmony is heavenly and sets the warmest mood. It's magical! I planned to listen to it only once as I wrote this commentary but of course I failed and I'm on my third re-listen."

@yuuurei (9) — "This is so relaxing and pretty. It feels like watching clouds and drifting off in a garden."

@eliminathan (9) — "A mess that I never listened to the full 1/3 album because I missed so many gorgeous songs. This song is my new lullaby because it puts me to sleep in the least offensive way I can word that."

@He (8) — "This is actually lovely. I love it. It’s very Ghibli in a way, again. Go off LOONA 1/3 production. "

@RUNAWAY (7.5) — "I love that episode of Woomanna when Heejin sings this song, and up until then, I thought it was bland, but I really enjoy it now. The melody is really really lovely. "

@mokimbird (7.5) — "there's a lot going on here, even if it's all a touch understated. really nice."

@ohnostalgia (6) — "I now understand why most of you didn’t care about LOONA until Kim Lip."

@ThighHighs (6) "This is actually cute and kinda dreamy, but a little too sleepy for me."

@Slice of Life (5.5) — "HaSeul is hard-carrying the song ddddd. Poor MomSeul. I appreciate the ""old"" sound of the song but that's about it. Nothing about it inspires me. It's just... there."

@Remorque (5) — "I'm sorry, but this is doing nothing for me. The girls sound lovely, but it's just way too slow, doesn't create any kind of atmosphere and is just overall... dull."

@Cotton Park (4) — "This reminds me of all the less-than-memorable-but-lovely ballads they play at the end of a K-Drama. I don't remember any single one of them. The ballads, that is."

@Vixen (3.5) — "Another 90s ballad. Good chords, beautiful chords. That’s it xoxo."

@Empty Shoebox (3) — "Doesn't seem to really progress as a song, and I don't like that."

@ohaimanabu (3) — "This one didn't really go anywhere :X I just don't do downtempo/ballads tbh. Especially ones as simple as this."

@GeiPanda (3) — "Flat. Lifeless."

@ryjm (2) — "My least favourite track on 1/3’s mini, there is very little going on in the song to keep it exciting. The song sounds like a lullaby and is ironically a bit of a snore. Understandably the production is very relaxed but this comes at the expense of any exciting developments, be it in structure or instrumentation. For that reason, the song feels like it drags on forever and literally puts me to sleep."

@Ana Raquel (2) — "Probably the worst Loona related song."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (0) — "Why was this recorded?" (to help me fall asleep at night dddd)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  18. He

He

Oh wow. I find this rather lovely. Certainly not a 0! The production has gorgeous flourishes all over.

But I usually overscore things.

codecat, yuuurei, Vixen and 1 other person like this.
  19. Okay but @vague is a visual queen and I’m here for it. The beauty of these gifs!

20. Wow okay I did not see this one coming this soon. Let me get my pitchfork and I'll come back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.