☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. azdskldfdfkdfff binch!

C - D - E - F - G - A - B

Do = C
    Re = D
    Mi = E
    Fa = F
    Sol = G
    La = A
    Si = B

As for the numbers, they represent how low or high the notes are (C5 is higher than C4, lower than C6).

If you see a '#' or 'b' in between the letter and the number, it means sharp (#) or flat (b).

So for example, on Valentine's Girl, Heejin hits a mixed D5 on 2:46, scales up really quickly on E5 but comes back down on D5. And we don't talk about the end of that belt xoxo.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk! See you tomorrow for another lesson on vocals by Vivi Carey.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. Y’all are gonna do 1/3 so damn wrong and they don’t deserve it.

But I’m an OEC stan so I can’t say I don’t mind this outcome.

3. I think yyxy's colors go together well.....

Kuhleezi, McQueer, Serg. and 11 others like this.
  4. Are you colorblind?

Kuhleezi, nikkysan, Serg. and 8 others like this.
  5. Okay but, actually it is a very complementary color palette. Looking good in a gradient isn't the main criteria for whether colors work together www. imo their colors really work with their group concept too. /color lecture

Moving on...
    I knew this would happen but that doesn't make me hate it less. Tasteless hacks.
    What kind of fucking shade is this? I thought I could TRUST you.

At least Valentine Girl is gone. I listened to it again yesterday while editing and it truly is a snooze.
    I don't understand anything technical about music but I appreciate your enthusiasm!

6. He

He

We were talking about the gradient specifically, that makes it look kind of pukey.

But of course they can work well together, especially in outfits etc, and maybe in bigger color blocking.

myblood, Kuhleezi, nikkysan and 8 others like this.
  7. i can't sleep, so i guess i'll go ahead and post the first of today's eliminations.

regarding yesterday's What's Next Out? teaser . . .

it wasn't for this song.

[​IMG]

I want you to like me, I want you to love me
    I miss you, I want to see you again
    Like a fool, in my thoughts of you
    Another day passes by

[​IMG]

No.38
    Everyday I need you (feat. JinSoul)

by LOOΠΔ / ViVi

Score: 6.042

High scores: 10×2 (@RUNAWAY, @Island), 9×2 (@Rem, @Oleander), 8.5×3 (@Sanctuary, @codecat, @Petit nain des Îles)
    Low scores: 1×2 (@Rainbow Trousers, @HappyBirthday), 3×3 (@send photo, @Slice of Life, @Kuhleezi), 4×5 (@PopZeitgeist, @Ana Raquel, @nikkysan, @clowezra, @ohaimanabu)
    My score: 7.5

5 ballots: No.31, 6.1 avg.
    10 ballots: No.31, 6.35 avg.
    15 ballots: No.37, 6.3 avg.
    20 ballots: No.38, 6.163 avg..
    25 ballots: No.39, 5.69 avg.
    30 ballots: No.39, 5.808 avg.
    35 ballots: No.39, 5.821 avg.
    40 ballots: No.39, 5.844 avg.
    45 ballots: No.40, 5.906 avg.
    50 ballots: No.39, 5.995 avg.
    54 ballots: No.38, 6.042 avg.

"Everyday I need you (feat. JinSoul)" is the b-side to ViVi's self-titled debut single album, released on April 17, 2017, and is a slower, more subdued take on her title track, "Everyday I love you (feat. HaSeul)". The music video was shot in Hong Kong, seemingly at the same time as 1/3's "지금, 좋아해 (Love&Live)" MV, and was released on May 14th as a prize for fans after the "Everyday I love you (feat. HaSeul)" MV hit 300k views. The MV was, of course, JinSoul's debut, roughly a month before her first solo teasers were released - although fan taken photos of her on set leaked before the MV was released. The song was written by Playing Children, Yoon Youngmin, and Kim Namyoung, with the latter two also responsible for the arrangement and composition.

Y'all all know JinSoul's my no.1 girl, but why would I ever listen to this when the original exists??? I mean this is ... fine, but it pales in comparison to "Everyday I love you" tbh. I still threw it an extra point for introducing my queen, though.

@RUNAWAY (10) — "I love this song's understated feel compared to the other version. And Jinsoul's rap is such a different take on Haseul's. Also, did we know, Jinsoul is the only member to have a part in all 3 different units' songs?" (ugh, JinSoul truly is the queen of the LOOΠΔverse huh)

@Rem (9) — "They really released a slower version of the song… I just screamed. It’s beautiful though."

@codecat (8.5) — "I realize that anime-like slow songs with twinkly synths aren't for everyone but I find this version more sincere than its original counterpart plus Jinsoul has a better delivery on her verse."

@Petit nain des Îles (8.5) — "Okay, drag me because this is closer to what I wanted to hear after the fake out intro from Everyday I love you. It sounds like a throwback to big old ballads."

@OspreyQueen (8) — "LOVE those twinkly synths."

@yuuurei (7.5) — "Unlike with ViViD, I prefer this slower version, and I think JinSoul works a bit better here than HaSeul. But it's still not the most exciting song. It's just fine."

@He (7.5) — "Better than acoustic, and seeing JinSoul in the video was a moment."

@ohnostalgia (7) — "They really didn’t trust ViVi to debut on her own, huh?"

@ThighHighs (6.5) — "Not as good as her other effort, and the slowed down production doesn’t do much for me. However, the melody of the song still holds up enough that I didn’t hate listening to this again."

@eccentricsimply (6) — "I honestly think this version is unnecessary and considerably inferior to the other one nñn"

@mokimbird (6) — "nothing special, although this is a good introduction to one Jinnifer Soulington."

@Remorque (6) — "I thought this was going to be the same version as the other one where they were just going to introduce JinSoul, but it's slowed down so much. It's cute, but I love the boppier version so much more though. I was initially going to give this cinq points, but JinSoul kinda saved it."

@GeiPanda (6) — "MadonnaReductivelookitup.gif"

@Charles Vingt-†rois (6) — "This version is nice but… serves no purpose. It's not even that contrasting with the original one."

@Vixen (5.5) — "I feel like it takes away a lot of what made the production of the original so good, but I don’t think this version is awful. I do think it’s a tad little too slow and sometimes I want to get to the end of it as quickly as possible."

@ryjm (5) — "Thankfully this as the last time we got a subpar lazy re-tread as a b-side. At least the producers decided to mix it up and give the song a different feel by slowing down and stripping back the production, still retaining the retro vibe of the title version. The video is a bit of a bore but at least we got a glimpse of our fishy queen JinSoul."

@Empty Shoebox (5) — "Just too similar to love you. I don't see why this was needed."

@eliminathan (4.5) — "This song moves at an absolute snail's pace now and I'm not really comfortable listening to it. Also Haseul did the rap better Jinsoul unnie sis."

@Ana Raquel (4) — "My balladphobia strikes again."

@ohaimanabu (4) — "Not necessary tbh"

@send photo (3) — "Kinda pains me to tank this a bitsy ‘cause my fave is on this version, but it works vastly better with a more upbeat tempo and we don’t need two versions of the same song knocking out more qualified singles ya feel"

@Slice of Life (3) — "This slower arrangement of the song really does not do ViVi's limited vocals favor. This is... a trainwreck."

@HappyBirthday (1) — "It’s EILY with all the weightless joy removed. The weightless joy being the entire point of the song."

8. Yeah, not mad about that one leaving. Seems appropriate.
    Hopefully, 'ViViD (Acoustic)" leaves soon. Same for Rain51db.

He, ohaimanabu and vague like this.
  9. I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.gif

10. I'm sad that I wasn't able to participate in this rate but seeing OEC tracks remain untouched after all these eliminations.... when it's right, it's right upload_2018-10-12_15-39-6.png (but kinda boring ddddd Puzzle out next please)

11. If we're taking an OEC track out, it's Twilight binch!

Apricot, ohaimanabu and vague like this.
  12. So far, I think I agree with the eliminations. I'm really enjoying listening to each eliminated song again as I catch up on the thread, though.

13. It already has nn.

14. Ok but time to cut Rain51db and Love Cherry Motion.

ohaimanabu and vague like this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. Damn, true. Well, then Rain51db it is.

And 'Twilight', like I said. After creating the gays with 'Eclipse', Kim Lip had to also give the straights a song, and that's the one she came up with. Get it out, guys.

Kuhleezi, junglefish, Serg. and 2 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]

18. dddd wait I just remembered 'Around You' and 'Kiss Later' existed. Well, those can leave too for all I care. xoxo

vague likes this.
  19. I think a few other 1/3 songs should go out first but if anything from OEC has to leave, it has to be Puzzle.

Slice of Life and vague like this.
  20. Oh God those opinions on 'Puzzle' scare me...

I didn't expect it to be unpopular...

What did you guys do...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.