☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

I love this gif so much saghdhasdg

2. “Serg has no impact”
    Well... THINK again.

3. Yeah, LCM needs to be the first single out.

The drop completely ruins the song.

Former member 21294 likes this.
  4. WAIT I SWITCHED MY SCORES FOR EVERYDAY I NEED AND EVERYDAY I LOVE NOOOOO

myblood, evilsin, Kuhleezi and 11 others like this.
  5. Yeah, okay. Eclipse can get to fuck.

vague and ohaimanabu like this.
  6. He

He

HAHAHAHA.

No.

myblood, evilsin, Kuhleezi and 16 others like this.
  7. Me when OEC takes the entire top 10 because you're all extremely predictable
    eye roll.gif

Just to be clear, this is only shade at y'all, not at OEC.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  8. He

He

At least 6 spots. The other 4 are Yves, Olivia, Chuu, and maybe Love4eva? Though I would bump Haseul to top 10.

9. LIES

myblood, Oleander, Vixen and 3 others like this.
  10. She had me at "clap."

[​IMG]
    Hate all you want but she's still LOONA's center.

11. slandering LCM should be a crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! work of art at its best

12. [​IMG]

vague and RUNAWAY like this.
  13. Twilight is my lowest scored track in the rate so it can go whenever.

vague likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

Stop scaring me like that
    Don't put your lips on mine without any warning
    You're moving too fast, just hug me
    A kiss will happen later

[​IMG]

No.37
    키스는 다음에 (Kiss Later)

by LOOΠΔ / YeoJin

Score: 6.310

High scores: 10×4 (@Rainbow Trousers, @Serg., @HappyBirthday, @aaronhansome), 9×1 (@Reboot), 8.5×1 (@mokimbird)
    Low scores: 0×1 (@Vixen), 2×3 (@Sanctuary, @eliminathan, @ThighHighs), 3×1 (@Dangerous Maknae)
    My score: 7.75

5 ballots: No.38, 5.15 avg.
    10 ballots: No.37, 5.625 avg.
    15 ballots: No.35, 6.483 avg.
    20 ballots: No.36, 6.375 avg.
    25 ballots: No.34, 6.58 avg.
    30 ballots: No.35, 6.475 avg.
    35 ballots: No.37, 6.336 avg.
    40 ballots: No.37, 6.206 avg.
    45 ballots: No.37, 6.317 avg.
    50 ballots: No.37, 6.315 avg.
    54 ballots: No.37, 6.310 avg.

"키스는 다음에 (Kiss Later)" (kiseuneun daeume) is YeoJin's debut single from her self-titled single album, released on January 16, 2017, when she was just 14-years-old. The music video was shot in Taipei, Taiwan, alongside the MVs for her b-sides, "My Sunday" and "My Melody". The song was written by MonoTree's Shin Agnes and Hwang Hyun, the latter of whom also arranged and composed it.

I've never really gotten the hate for this, to be honest. The intro is one of my fave little pieces of music in LOOΠΔ's whole discography. The song as a whole is so cute, fun, and age-appropriate... I really dig this. Then again, I spent most of my teen years listening to stuff like this, so I have a pretty high tolerance for cutesy stuff, I guess ddd. A few of you mentioned this sounding like it belongs on a Super Mario Odyssey soundtrack, so now I have something new to listen to tonight.

@HappyBirthday (10) — "This seems like a Disney showstopper, all schmaltz and sugar. She even has tiny animals singing backup!"

@mokimbird (8.5) — "a rock opera! a consent anthem! a froggy bop! starts off slow before plunging into this incredible jam that captures perfectly what it's like to be on the cusp of adulthood, on the cusp of having feelings and agency and imagining what you could do with both. it's great and i will come for anybody who makes fun of it."

@RUNAWAY (7.5) — "I've never been a Kiss Later-hater. The song is good, and yeah, it doesn't stand up to the other solos, but it's cute and the video is great."

@Petit nain des Îles (7.5) — "Yay a certain Daisy would slay that song in Super Mario Odyssey. YeoJin's vocals get a little while to get used to, but once I got past that, I could appreciate the happy sounding instrumentation."

@Slice of Life (7) — "YATH give me that IU's Modern Times vibes that I love. I'd forgive YeoJin's vocals because she's pretty young. But this isn't as bad as people make it out to be??? I'm shaken."

@ohaimanabu (7) — "A perfectly serviceable idol track, but not a standout for me."

@OspreyQueen (7) — "I love the Super Mario Odyssey soundtrack."

@GeiPanda (7) — "Even I was an initially harsh critic of this, but it's actually grown on me a lot. I see a lot of IU Red Shoes/Ga-in Carnival influence in this."

@ohnostalgia (6.5) — "So it’s more big band than jazz band, but ViViD did it better."

@Remorque (6.5) — "It's a bit too cutesy for my liking, but I just couldn't give it an outright bad score, because the girl seems to be living for the song and it kinda picks up halfway into the song."

@He (6.5) — "This is just grating, but also charming? It has its moments into a Disney-like song. The vocal surgery on this is a bit distracting."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (6.5) — "Go YeoJin! Catchy but with a careful intro the Maknae is convincing here. Obviously the song would have sounded better with say Heejin on it but as a whole package, YeoJin ticks all the other boxes I need her to. The humour reflected in the MV shows a unique personality that distinguishes her from the blandness of the others before her… Sorry." (i'm kinda shocked you like this tbh)

@codecat (6) — "Creepy frog outsold!!"

@Ana Raquel (6) — "It's fun, but it's kinda overshadowed by other songs."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "I guess this is a lot better with the music video because when I was listening to the audio I just got annoyed with it."

@yuuurei (6) — "I feel mean rating this low because it's not a bad song at all, but I just find it ... a little annoying. It's cute, but in a saccharine way that just doesn't do it for me. On the positive side, the lyrics themselves are fine and YeoJin sings it well." (but a six feels like a high score from you? dddd)

@ryjm (5) — "I have made no secret of my general disdain towards this song, mercilessly dragging it on several occasions, but in retrospect I realise I’ve been far too harsh. While the overly saccharine vocals/visuals were originally off-putting (sickeningly cute concepts are just not the one for me), I’ve come to appreciate the song for what it is. The song itself is impressively complex, incorporating a vast range of instrumentation and our deafening Maknae pulls the song off well. But no more of that now please BBC."

@send photo (5) — "I love Super Mario Odyssey"

@Cotton Park (5) — "I think Yeojin is incredibly talented and precocious and could be LOONA's secret weapon. So, nothing against the endearing LOONA maknae, but this song, as adorable as it, reminds me more of a Gilbert and Sullivan standard than something I would dance around the house to. My mom would love it."

@eliminathan (2) — "It's just sickly sweet and that is not the tea mama. Her voice is a bit grating but that's not enough to be a problem because Go Won goes all the way off. A lot of the verses just sound like she's talking instead of even attempting to sing. It's still not HORRIBLE but I mean something has to be the worst and y'all know it's this even if you stan you know it's the worst sis. Her voice seems better suited to less cute concepts with how husky it is."

@ThighHighs (2) — "This is really not great. I’ve probably only listened to it once because otherwise I just knew it was the worst one, but yeah this is irritating. She’s cute, but the song actually straight up sounds bad. I know she’s the youngest, but it also makes me glad they didn’t officially debut for another year and 5 months."

@Vixen (0) — "Oh God. I don’t care about how intricate it actually is musically, this is one of the most annoying piece of music I’ve heard, not to forget that Yeojin does sound like she’s trying too hard to sound like an annoying toddler. That introduction? Amazing, yes. But the brass and overbearing percussions are too much for me.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Vocally Yeojin usually shines with her lower register, and it’s not really showcased here as she has to take on the voice of a 2 years old or something. She does have a nice F#5 in falsetto before the final chorus, I guess."

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  15. Okay, low in the context of this rate in particular www. In general my scores here were higher than a 6 so it felt mean! Especially since I love YeoJin.

That being said, not a huge surprise this is out. I do think it's a decent song, but this forum sure ain't the right audience for it.

Rem, evilsin, Kuhleezi and 5 others like this.
  16. [​IMG]

When a 14 year old is actually given a concept that matches more her age, y'all do her dirty like this... Shame.

17. Is Rain51db ever gonna die...

18. The more you talk the less I pity you for what happened to you in the KPJSC.

myblood, McQueer, Rem and 14 others like this.
  19. me realizing i have to eliminate one of my 10s next
    [​IMG]

Rem, DrinkMyTears, evilsin and 16 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.