☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. He

He

I mean, it's not a bad song at all. It's just not something I ever feel like re-visiting.

vague likes this.
  2. Ooouuuuh I just wanna go back to 1999 when Kiss Later was still in the rate, I just wanna go back sing geunyang anajwo, kiseuneun daeume wanna go back, wanna go back.

[​IMG]

Rem, DrinkMyTears, evilsin and 17 others like this.
  3. I was not a fan of Kiss Later when I first heard it but it has grown on me over time which is why I ended up giving it an 8. It is not bad by any means just too Barney sounding compared to the other solos. It does share similarities with Vivid but Vivid is still more maturely presented. I do appreciate BBC going for an age appropriate song for her they just maybe took it a bit too far. Speaking of Vivid, seeing people calling for its head is not cute. It is a wonderfully quirky song that is fun and has a deeper meaning behind it and not everyone has that. I want to make a playlist of those old-timey and/or quirky Jazz-infused K-pop songs. Vivid, Is Who and then Lipstick and Bloom if I open up the criteria a bit. Just look at all that talent!

And to reference @vague's post....Me when my non-10 songs are all gone soon and all my 10s start falling.

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

Oh, when I opened my eyes that I had closed for just a moment
    I suddenly felt like I was in a new world
    The melody that calls out to me with a mysterious pull
    I'm already heading towards it, baby

[​IMG]

No.36
    My Melody

by LOOΠΔ / HaSeul & YeoJin

Score: 6.426

High scores: 10×2 (@RUNAWAY, @vague), 9.5×1 (@Petit nain des Îles), 9×4 (@Reboot, @eliminathan, @mokimbird, @Oleander)
    Low scores: 2×2 (@Dangerous Maknae, @send photo), 2.5×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois), 3×1 (@ryjm)
    My score: 10

5 ballots: No.37, 5.3 avg.
    10 ballots: No.35 (tied), 6 avg.
    15 ballots: No.36, 6.367 avg.
    20 ballots: No.37, 6.213 avg.
    25 ballots: No.37, 6.17 avg.
    30 ballots: No.37, 6.35 avg.
    35 ballots: No.36, 6.386 avg.
    40 ballots: No.36, 6.313 avg.
    45 ballots: No.36, 6.444 avg.
    50 ballots: No.36, 6.42 avg.
    54 ballots: No.36, 6.426 avg.

"My Melody" is one of two b-sides to YeoJin's solo single album, released on January 16, 2017. Both this song and YeoJin's" other b-side, My Sunday", have the same backing track and verse melodies, but the vocalists and choruses are different on each track. The song features vocals from HaSeul and YeoJin, while "My Sunday" features HeeJin and HyunJin The music video was shot in Taipei, Taiwan, alongside the MVs for the other two songs on her single. The song was written and arranged by MonoTree's GDLO and Shin Agnes, and composed by MonoTree's Kim Yooseok and Chu Daegwan.

I ... don't know what to say. I didn't think this would be leaving so early, to be honest, but watching the low scores start flooding in immediately with the very. first. ballot. I received was ... a shock ddd. I love both versions of this song, but I definitely prefer this one. It's so warm and gentle and sweet, but there's also this undercurrent of bittersweet nostalgia to this version that, to me, is missing from "My Sunday", and that just elevates it to a much higher level for me. I think it's all in HaSeul's vocal delivery, because the backing tracks and lyrics are mostly identical between the two versions. I LOVE this.

@RUNAWAY (10) — "songs about friendship are so great to me, and this video is really lovely. This song was the first song I listened to after Everyday I Love You came out, so it has a really special place in my heart. Yeojin and Haseul are such a great combination."

@Petit nain des Îles (9.5) — "Wait, the concept of sharing the same instrumental but having different members sung over it is curious. I can't decide which one I like the best, so I'll just reiterate the commentary from My Sunday."

@eliminathan (9) — "Wow there's two of the same song except with very minor differences and they're both amazing and I have never listened to them. The Yeojin anti jumped out. That being said, Haseul sounds ethereal in this song and even Yeojin isn't that bad. I prefer the chorus to My Sunday more than the one in My Melody but they're only slightly different."

@mokimbird (9) — "everything I said about My Sunday - I really like Yeojin's voice on this track, honestly. She's got a lower tone than most of her unnies but it shines here."

@Oleander (9) — "I think the song is great in any form but I never noticed before that I prefer Momma Birb and Babe Toad singing it to Lola Bunny and Sylvester the Cat. I can’t really tell you why that is either. Maybe it’s due to Froakie’s sweet low notes? Also, I love the way Big Bird says “starry eyes” ddd."

@yuuurei (8) — "I like this chorus a bit better than My Sunday's. Other than that the songs are about equal for me, but I also really like HaSeul's part in the middle eight." (i knew i could count on you ❤)

@codecat
    (7.5) — "The Mother&Daughter version of My Sunday isn't so different - the chorus is not as efficient as the one on My Sunday but practically the same, their voices don't seem to fit as well as Hyunjin x Heejin but this one shows stronger vocal moments. It's one of those tomato/tomato situations, but there's a cute cat in this one and Yeojin's black suit is a look!"

@Remorque (7.5) — "I can't really fault this either, because it's basically just My Sunday, but with different lyrics and the other two members of the group singing it. Loving HaSeul's voice the most though!"

@Slice of Life (7) — "A great song is a great song no matter who sings it. I'm just gonna deduct a point or two for the lesser vocals."

@Rem (7) — "I’m listening to these songs for the first time and nn at this being literally the same as My Sunday. Bop though!"

@Ana Raquel (6) — "Filler."

@HappyBirthday (6) — "It’s cute, and unlike My Sunday actually features YeoJin. The girl whose name is on the cover."

@ohaimanabu (6) — "I'm going to give the edge to Haseul and Yeojin's version even though this isn't a song I come back to often."

@GeiPanda (6) — "Unnecessary, but werq."

@He (6) — "Didn’t Haseul break her back carrying this? I kid. The maknae sounds cute with the lower register. But yeah, same song. I think their voices sound more interesting together than 2Jin."

@ohnostalgia (5) — "When you submit commentary dragging My Melody for being the same song as My Sunday only for @vague to tell you they are the same song. There must be a word for that."

@Empty Shoebox (5) — "Every Day Is Like Sunday."

@ThighHighs (5) — "No."

@Vixen (4.5) — "I like the laid-back feeling of both this and ‘My Sunday, and I feel like it accomplishes what ‘ViVid (Acoustic)’ tried to do, but there is just not a lot of meat to hold on to here. I do have a slight preference for this one.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Both Yeojin and Haseul sound SO good in their lower register, and in fact sounded more rounded and better than 2Jin did, at least to my ears. Otherwise, the sustained D#5 from Haseul here doesn’t sound as good as on ‘Let Me In’, it’s a lot airier and tighter."

@ryjm (3) — "I’m not a fan of having different versions of the same song unless the versions are drastically different, so understandably, My Melody feels completely redundant when My Sunday exists. I understand BBC probably wanted to pad out the tracklist and have content to deliver to us Orbits, but they should have just had all four members sing on one version and call it a day. Thank the KPOP gods that BBC stepped up their game when it came to B-Sides and gave the later girls an incredible combination of title tracks and b-sides."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (2.5) — "I still can't make the difference between the two songs but listening to them for this rate, I give this an extra 0.5 for the chorus."

@send photo (2) — "this is literally the same song as sunday isn’t it, I was wondering why it was so long" (this score hurt me)

soratami, aaronhansome, Rem and 21 others like this.
  5. [​IMG]

soratami, Rem, evilsin and 16 others like this.
  6. My Sunday should have left before My Melody... but it's probably next anyway nn

Rem, evilsin, BEST FICTION and 7 others like this.
  7. NO!!!!!!!!!!! NOT I'LL BE THERE!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

aaronhansome, Rem, evilsin and 19 others like this.
  8. This is going horribly.

McQueer, Rem, evilsin and 11 others like this.
  9. My Sunday should have left first. Cancel the rate!

Okay, but seriously... Can we talk about Rain51db...

10. I promise I will burn this place down if I'll Be There leaves any time soon.

Rem, ThighHighs, evilsin and 12 others like this.
  11. I'm still not sure I forgive you for that "even Go Won" comment but luv ya anyway bb ♥ Also My Melody is good, y'all have no taste, etc etc.
    Talk about how it's adorable and deserves better than its inevitable low placement, you mean? Sure!

Oleander, Vixen and vague like this.
  12. What I find interesting for now is how very little change there's been to the placements of the songs in general, if the leaderboard history is anything to go by.

Like no matter when @vague could have stopped the voting period, the songs who are currently out right now would have been out no matter what, well give or take.

It seems to point out to the songs not really being that divisive, despite some of the reactions we might have kii.

I wonder if there's any song that was easily in the top 15-20 in...say, the first 10-20 votes, and is now outside of the top 30 and ready to be eliminated soon. Would be kinda ironic.

Rem, evilsin, Kuhleezi and 11 others like this.
  13. Honestly, Odd Front, Loonatic, Singing in the Rain, One and Only, and Rosy can go anytime and I wouldn’t be mad. Enough of the 1/3 massacre.

14. I can't believe you guys are gonna make I'll Be There leave before the tragedy that is One and Only.

15. I personally like it, but I remember "rendezvous 18.6y" oddly unpopular when the mini album came out, so I feel like that could leave soon too?

But like others have said, it's a bit hard to imagine 'My Sunday' not following next considering it's literally the same song as "My Melody" and I can't really believe one would give that many more points to the 2Jin version?

And well you guys scared me a little bit on the RnB masterpiece that is 'Puzzle'... I hope it makes top 30 at least!

vague and yuuurei like this.
  16. I mean if we're calling for solo singles after Kiss Later is has to be two of the three 1/3 songs that aren't Let Me In before any of yyxy or OEC singles go.

codecat, He, vague and 1 other person like this.
  17. Okay I stan HaSeul so much after finally starting LOONA tv.

myblood, McQueer, Rem and 14 others like this.
  18. Frankly the fact that Girl's Talk is still here ahead of some other truly good songs is the most distressing part of this rate, but LOONATIC and Girl Front could definitely leave soon too.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  19. The only person that can shine a light in my heart
    is me, one & only

Being fallen into a weird world
    even if you tell me so, I’m fine
    I’m the leading role then

I don’t need no garden of eden
    the time in my hands
    means that I’m already in heaven

[​IMG]

Ms. Go Won really did that on the lead single from the #1 Rap Album of the year, huh?

Poor everyone else.

[​IMG]

But seriously, the song has very deep lyrics and handles the whole self-love theme in a very interesting way. Then again I really appreciate when someone plays with Eden/Eve imagery so maybe that's just me. It's Eve but a reimagined Eve who is fighting back against the sexism and misogyny.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.