☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 30 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. I didn’t like grading on a curve at uni and I hate it in PJ rates. At least this rate has 50+ participants so the curving unnies impact is minimized.

myblood, McQueer, junglefish and 14 others like this.
  2. Oh shit. I didn’t think this through......

myblood, Rem, junglefish and 9 others like this.
  3. I don't know. I think i find Around You's understated nature and the overall solemn atmosphere more relatable and affecting than the grandiose, theatrical, "The Ballad" nature of Let Me In. It comes of as more natural.

vague likes this.
  4. If you don't want me to keep doing rates folks, just let me know. It'd save me a lot of time and bother trying to write commentary.

I'm not changing my scoring system though, because that's how my brain works and I've been trying to change my brain for years. Unsuccessfully.

ohaimanabu and vague like this.
  5. You don't need to change your system for anything. This is sort of a game in the end and what you like/dislike should not bother anyone.

soratami, McQueer, junglefish and 6 others like this.
  6. The problem is not how y'all rate is that all of you have bad taste.

McQueer, Rem, junglefish and 9 others like this.
  7. You don't have to change anything about yourself! The best part of participating in rates (I speak for myself) is the chaotic mix of tastes/opinions/ways of seeing things, and a rate without polarizing opinions or messiness would be...boring as hell. It'd be predictable + I wouldn't be able to drag my fellow unnies with silly gifs and score some likes in the process dddddd. It would be sad if you left us! Of course not everyone will agree with everybody (and when it comes to LOONA's rich discography............whew) but I don't think this rating discussion was made with the intention to push people away...you keep on doing you!

junglefish, evilsin, Oleander and 6 others like this.
  8. Nobody needs to change anything, if you genuinely feel a song deserves a 0 then give it a 0. We're all just having fun here! Or else.

That said if you're not willing to be gently dragged for low-scoring then idk what you're doing here.

junglefish, evilsin, Oleander and 4 others like this.
  9. @enjoy, @codecat, and @yuuurei are spot on. @Empty Shoebox, i never once felt your scores were trolling or out of line or w/e, especially since you submitted commentary explaining your scores for every song. i've enjoyed your contributions to the rate, and i hope you continue joining in. granted, i didn't agree with every single score, but that's true of literally every ballot i received ddd - and i'm sure that's true of my own ballot, too (especially since some people keep calling for one of my favorites, "Rain 51db", to leave). i'm far from the most eloquent person, so i hope this is coming across the way i mean it to ❤

anyway, sorry for the delay in getting results out today. i ended up taking an unexpectedly long nap ddd. i'm still aiming to get three eliminations done today, so i should probably get started!!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    soratami, aaronhansome, Rem and 13 others like this.
  10. He

He

Tea.

11. Unnie never leave us! The beauty of this forum, or more specifically, the beauty of the KPOP side of this forum, is that YATH we all have wildly differing opinions. Yas most of our opinions are fucking messy, but ultimately we are all so damn fabulous and our opinions are equally as valid. And when it comes to LOONA? We all know they’re a versatile group (more versatile than I could ever wish to be) and the most exciting element of this rate is that everyone has such varying opinions that we genuinely don’t know how things will pan out. Your opinion is always valid and equally as important.

12. Can we talk about how 'My Sunday' beat 'Around You', yet 'My Melody' was eliminated at #36... all of this doesn't make sense.

Let's get it out.

evilsin, Oleander, ohaimanabu and 5 others like this.
  13. He

He

That’s sad.

vague likes this.
  14. Now that my least favorite solo is out, I don't mind seeing Let me in and one & only leaving, since these are the other solos in my bottom.

as long as vivi is safe

15. Leave 'Let Me In' alone at least until the top 25, heathens.

McQueer, Kuhleezi, Oleander and 4 others like this.
  16. [​IMG]

Would you hold my hand, Sunday my Sunday
    Today, even more than usual, I wanna be wanna be your love
    You make an ordinary day shine like stars in the sky
    You're Sunday Sunday Sunday love

[​IMG]

No.34
    My Sunday

by LOOΠΔ / HeeJin & HyunJin

Score: 6.593

High scores: 10×2 (@Rainbow Trousers, @RUNAWAY), 9.5×2 (@eccentricsimply, @Petit nain des Îles), 9.25×1 (@eliminathan), 9×4 (@Reboot, @Slice of Life, @mokimbird, @vague)
    Low scores: 2×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois), 3×1 (@enjoy), 4×4 (@Dangerous Maknae, @ryjm, @HappyBirthday, @Vixen)
    My score: 9

5 ballots: No.33, 6 avg.
    10 ballots: No.35 (tied), 6
    15 ballots: No.34, 6.533 avg.
    20 ballots: No.35, 6.463 avg.
    25 ballots: No.35, 6.37 avg.
    30 ballots: No.34, 6.525 avg.
    35 ballots: No.34, 6.588 avg.
    40 ballots: No.34, 6.538 avg.
    45 ballots: No.34, 6.6 avg.
    50 ballots: No.34 (tied), 6.59 avg.
    54 ballots: No.34, 6.593 avg.

"My Sunday" is one of two b-sides to YeoJin's solo single album, released on January 16, 2017. Both this song and YeoJin's other b-side, "My Melody", have the same backing track and verse melodies, but the vocalists and choruses are different on each track. The song features vocals from HeeJin and HyunJin, while "My Melody" features HaSeul and YeoJin The music video was shot in Taipei, Taiwan, alongside the MVs for the other two songs on YeoJin's single album. The song was written and arranged by MonoTree's GDLO and Shin Agnes, and composed by MonoTree's GDLO, Kim Yooseok, and Chu Daegwan.

I actually like this song a lot, but I still maintain that "My Melody" is the better version. There's a lack of vocal maturity in this version that "My Melody" has, thanks largely to HaSeul, but I also think 2Jin's more youthful vocals lend this a different kind of charm. This version is definitely gayer, though - just watch the video! You can't tell me this isn't a love song they're singing to each other. Both versions of this song are out way too dang soon, tbh!!

@RUNAWAY (10) — "everyone knows the feeling of having a crush in school, and this song really sells that feeling."

@eccentricsimply (9.5) — "Talking about soft girlfriends again, this is SUCH an underrated release by them gosh I adore this song so much. Their voices match really well, it's the unit I Deserve." (i think this is the unit we all deserve)

@Petit nain des Îles (9.5) — "Another early noughties acoustic guitar centric pop tune, which means that I'm instantly in love with it. Not what I expeted after Kiss Later so I tip my hat to these versatile queens. Michelle Branch/Stacie Orrico, but make them Korean... of course I'm stanning."

@eliminathan (9.25) — "This is so late 90's-early 00's and I LIVE. I never actually listened to it in full before and I'm mad that I haven't. It's all because it's on that damn Yeojin EP that I avoid like the plague."

@Slice of Life (9) — "DDDDDD I legit love this. It's right up my alley. I don't hear YeoJin so I'm guessing she's not here? No tea, no shade but whoever is singing this, you're doing an amazing job sweatie. More of this please."

@mokimbird (9) — "sometimes all a song needs to do is to comfort and rouse you - I can't count how many evening walks and late-night work sessions have been soundtracked by this. I love the sincerity and kindness of the lyrics, 2Jin bring the right amount of youthful confidence to their performance, and the instrumentation is (as always from Monotree) understated but gorgeous. some people might dismiss this for being too basic, but it's honestly one of my most listened-to B-sides in the entire LOONA discog."

@yuuurei (8) — "I love the lyrics and it's a very pleasant and pretty song."

@codecat (7.5) — "In this sunny song full of corny, heterosexual guitars (but great drums), these two again display great chemistry. My Sunday has the best chorus simply because the "sunday" hook is much better."

@Remorque (7.5) — "Okay, but I'm getting early 00s guitar-y girlband realness from this. Both HeeJin and HyunJin sound nice and the production's definitely everything here."

@Ana Raquel (6) — "It's a filler, to be honest."

@GeiPanda (6) — "Thanks to @He for resolving my confusion about this and My Melody. It's cute, but definitely an album track and I have no intention of revisiting it."

@He (6) — "Competent, and the guitar arrangements give it a 90s feel. I like, but it’s a bit too OST. "

@ThighHighs (5.5) — "It’s cute, but a little too coffee shop for my taste."

@ohnostalgia (5) — "I’m not convinced YeoJin can actually sing. Or at least with any conviction slash personality." (this may be tea but she's not on this song ddd)

@Empty Shoebox
    (5) — "Again, seems perfectly adequate, but doesn't impress me in any way."

@ohaimanabu (5) — "It's not memorable to me. Great vocal performances though."

@ryjm
    (4) — "Having two versions of this was completely unnecessary, but with that said, I definitely prefer the 2Jin version, the vocals feel a lot more assured and mesh together better than HaSeul & YeoJin’s version. The video is uneventful but at least the girls look cute and orbitches were given more 2Jin content to fawn over."

@HappyBirthday (4) — "Still confused why there’s a song on YeoJin’s single without YeoJin."

@Vixen (4) — "I like the laid-back feeling of both this and ‘My Melody’, and I feel like it accomplishes what ‘ViVid (Acoustic)’ tried to do, but there is just not a lot of meat to hold on to here."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (2) — "I still can't make the difference between the two songs."

soratami, Cotton Park, Rem and 23 others like this.
  17. OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

myblood, Rem, ThighHighs and 16 others like this.
  18. Alright, we're back on track.

evilsin, He, Dangerous Maknae and 4 others like this.
  19. My Melody/Sunday are both very cute and I liked them more than YeoJin’s own solo single.

20. I'm claiming lesbophobia for this cut and that's it.

myblood, Rem, yuuurei and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.