☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. *Me when anything with Chuu and/or Yves in it ever leave.*

Rem, yuuurei, junglefish and 8 others like this.
  2. I don't care about an Yves when you guys kicked out the original Soft Lesbians of this group.

myblood, ohaimanabu and vague like this.
  3. [​IMG]

As we chase the faraway starlight
    If we somehow let go of each other's hands
    I'll find you again, even if it’s across the galaxy
    We'll never be apart again

[​IMG]

No.33
    비의 목소리 51db (Rain 51db)

by LOOΠΔ 1/3

Score: 6.708

High scores: 9.75×1 (@vague), 9.5×4 (@ddog, @eccentricsimply, @Oleander, @McQueer), 9×3 (@Rainbow Trousers, @yourbetterknow, @yuuurei)
    Low scores: 2×1 (@teerofinale), 3×1 (@GeiPanda), 3.5×1 (@Vixen), 4×2 (@Reboot, @Coming Century)
    My score: 9.75

5 ballots: No.32, 6.05 avg.
    10 ballots: No.34, 6.025 avg.
    15 ballots: No.38, 6.283 avg.
    20 ballots: No.33, 6.725 avg.
    25 ballots: No.33, 6.62 avg.
    30 ballots: No.33, 6.725 avg.
    35 ballots: No.33, 6.821 avg.
    40 ballots: No.33, 6.719 avg.
    45 ballots: No.33, 6.739 avg.
    50 ballots: No.33, 6.765 avg.
    54 ballots: No.33, 6.708 avg.

"비의 목소리 51db (Rain 51db)" (biui moksori; voice of the rain) is the third track on LOOΠΔ 1/3's repackage mini-album, "Love&Evil", released on April 27, 2017. The music video was released on July 7, 2017 as a gift to fans after the "알 수 없는 비밀 (Sonatine)" MV reached 300k views. Two small bits of trivia I found interesting about this song/video: apparently, 51 decibels is the volume of rainfall, and the song ranking that scrolls across the top of the music video was based on the most viewed LOOΠΔ MVs at the time this video came out. The song was written, arranged, and composed by Oreo, known for their work on HaSeul's "Let Me In", Chungha's "Love U", GFRIEND's "Water Flower", Red Velvet's "Would U", and Soyou's "All Night".

In the description for the "알 수 없는 비밀 (Sonatine)" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    I really wish I'd given this full marks now ddd. It's so lovely and the lyrics are beautiful.

@eccentricsimply (9.5) — "I love how this starts with Haseul's beautiful vocals and then Heejin starts that great pre-chorus. The song only grows from there. It's truly amazing."

@yuuurei (9) — "LOONA does these retro tracks really well. This is so pretty and makes me think of like, magical girl anime."

@codecat (8.5) — "Another bonkers song in their pristine discography. Once again, they chose not to follow the obvious route they could have taken within their core sound - instead, they explored the realm of soppy 90s ballads and guess what...they make it work effortlessly. I wish Vivi had more parts because her little verses are one of the best things in this. And the video is BRILLIANT."

@RUNAWAY (8.5) — "I love that this song exists solely for their explanation of "what if Loona were created in the 90's?" And the 90's video countdown pastiche is just great."

@mokimbird (8) — "in many ways, the LOONA project has to do with disrupting temporality - questioning the idea that the progression from innocence to maturity to heartbreak is linear. (why else would so much of the overarching story revolve around time loops; girls stuck in concepts, trying to connect with other girls who are themselves stuck in concepts that position them within repeated scripts, repeated performances?) Rain51db is an interesting treatment of that theme - the album description explicitly frames it as a homage to '90s girl group forebearers, S.E.S., and the music is all a winking nod to that group's take on New Jack (Jill?) Swing. but there's an underlying darkness to the lyrics, underlined by the video, in which they're transported back into a karaoke bar. while the girls sing of wanting to hold hands with their love "forever," the subtext is that this innocent, youthful dedication is precisely what traps them in their roles - and prevents them from connecting with the people somewhere out there, in a world bigger than a TV screen. "a dream for only the two of us," the group sings on the final chorus, before the video cuts out into static; don't stay asleep, girls. there's more to come." (oh waow!! i already loved this song but this commentary blew my mind)

@Remorque
    (8) — "I was ready to burn this into the ground after being a bit 1/3'ed out, but fuck, they did it again. These girls are fucking selling it to me. I'm loving the fact that HeeJin and HaSeul get those tiny ad-libs at the end, Vivi keeps doing the bare minimum and HyunJin is just... there. Queens."

@ohnostalgia (7.5) — "Getting “song Mariah passed on decades ago” vibes."

@eliminathan (7.5) — "Very pretty song but the vocals are a bit underwhelming outside of the adlibs."

@send photo (7) — "there’s only 7 dragon balls u dumb fucks"

@Slice of Life (7) — "A cute little retro number again. Not as strong as Sonatine but it's not unlistenable."

@He (7) — "This actually quite cute. Haseul sounds really nice. The production has some nice touches to keep it from being boring. (Heejin high note number 4/4)"

@ThighHighs (7) — "I don’t know if I actually like the song or not, as I can’t ever seem to remember the melody, but I really love the video so much that I have to give it a good score."

@Petit nain des Îles (6.5) — "Between a Ballad and a New Jack Swing bop, but it lacks something from each of these moods to fully grab me. I don't think the key change is earned this time either. A bit too formulaic."

@ryjm (6) — "For some reason I thought I hated this track until I actually gave it the time of day and realised it’s actually quite beautiful. I love that BBC and Digipedi fully committed to the old-school vibe of the song and delivered a suitably cheesy MV with a headache inducing blurry filter."

@Ana Raquel (6) — "It's nice. Points for not being as slow as I remembered."

@HappyBirthday (6) — "I’m glad so many of 1/3’s songs got videos- the retro karaoke treatment is fantastic."

@ohaimanabu (6) — "Average throwback styled track I guess. Enjoyable b-side material"

@Empty Shoebox (5) — "There's nothing interesting me here. Let's move on."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (4.5) — "Hard to rate because it's nice but I would never come back to it."

@Vixen (3.5) — "Look. I do like how they tackled this late 80s, early 90s ballad style, but it just doesn’t have anything else going for it, at least for me.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: There’s a mixed and sustained D#5 or Eb5, I can’t tell, from Heejin, but it’s super airy. But it makes for a great and long ad-lib on the last chorus, so werk gurl!"

@GeiPanda (3) — "This is probably one of the most forgettable tracks in LOONA's discography."

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    soratami, aaronhansome, Rem and 26 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

Serg., evilsin, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
  6. Oh wait. I hate it a bitsy less now...

7. It's still VERY BOLD of you to keep celebrating 1/3's songs being cut when you chose THAT Jessica song.

Rem, junglefish, Serg. and 9 others like this.
  8. Already I'm thinking....

Brutal.

Oleander, Slice of Life and vague like this.
  9. Unnie, it really ain't that deep ddddd.
    I was not going to go with a Jessica song at first, but everyone had already submitted the songs/solo acts I had in mind, so I decided to remain Jessica #1 KPJ stan and chose that one song because I didn't want to go with something predictable like "Fly" or "Wonderland" and figured most people probably never heard that OST because it's not on one of her albums.

Also, it has great vocals.

[​IMG]

soratami, evilsin, vague and 3 others like this.
  10. It wasn't meant for this to be a serious thing nñn

But

Still a shit song.

11. Rain 51db is the trans-dimensional Korean language closer to The Velvet Rope. This is canon.

12. Girl, this track is not... good.

evilsin, Empty Shoebox, He and 2 others like this.
  13. Gosh let me stan some soft music in peace.

myblood, Rem, yuuurei and 8 others like this.
  14. That's definitely either 'Twilight' or one of the OEC songs people don't praise as much as the others (Loonatic, Chaotic, Starlight). I was going to include Puzzle but Kim Lip doesn't feature on it, soo wheew RnB masterpiece gets to live another day. And well... you guys wouldn't do 'See Saw' wrong like this, would you...

junglefish, vague, He and 2 others like this.
  15. damn LMAO

Rem, yuuurei, codecat and 9 others like this.
  16. This rate really is going to tear this subforum apart, isn't it? I guess someone should start writing the obituary. It was nice while it lasted.

[​IMG]

soratami, PopZeitgeist, Rem and 15 others like this.
  17. Around You is fine. It's not something I would actively listen to, but it is quite pretty.

I gave My Melody and My Sunday the same score, but both are gorgeous and out WAY too early.

Rain 51db is a bit too "last ballad on a 2010 k-pop mini" for me.

RUNAWAY, vague, ohaimanabu and 2 others like this.
  18. He

He

I love Twilight.

myblood, Oleander, RUNAWAY and 6 others like this.
  19. I love Chaotic and think it is the best OEC song along with Sweet Crazy Love. Is that unpopular too ?

It better be Starlight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.