☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. He

He

I think Uncover is their best album track, but I love them all. I thought Chaotic was one of the most popular.

2. me coming back here only to see that 1/3's songs are still being mercilessly kicked out (yyxy had a track or two that deserved to go before the eliminated 1/3 songs), *THE GIRLS ARE FIGHTING.jpeg* and the possibility that an OEC track might say goodbye next....

[​IMG]

3. To be honest, I'm really surprised 'rendezvous 18.6y" hasn't left yet, and it's not because I don't like it (it's actually super cute), but I swear you guys all hated it (along with 'One Way') when 'B&B' dropped...

So I'm curious to see if the comments are going to be "wow, this grew on me a lot" or if you still hate it and it's going to be eliminated next when we're done with Kim Lip #32 song, kii.

4. I still can't remember any names of their album tracks, b-sides etc, so every time someone mentions a song in here I have to listen to it again.

Based on my scores Love Letter is my favourite b-side that isn't My Sunday, but I have no idea if that one is popular.

5. Whew, this rate. Wig.

6. rendezvous 18.6y is my favourite yyxy song! It's all subjective isn't it, but I am curious to see where it sits with you guys.

vague and Vixen like this.
  7. oprah10.gif
    So I've been thinking, and it should have been obvious to me from the beginning that this rate was destined to be Absolutely Fucking Crazy considering it's this group and this forum, so I'm just going to watch it unfold as it may and stop acting surprised when perfectly good songs are taken out before their time.

Having said that, if my 11 goes anywhere before the top 10 I will place a hex on you all.

8. [​IMG]

In the darkness everything makes me excited
    Because you're a star who shines only for me
    Hey, you seem to be engraved in my mind
    As soon as I open my eyes, a new space unfolds before me

[​IMG]

No.32
    rendezvous 18.6y

by LOOΠΔ / yyxy

Score: 7.056

High scores: 10×2 (@Serg., @Cotton Park), 9×2 (@Love Deluxe, @clowezra), 8.5×4 (@codecat, @Slice of Life, @eccentricsimply, @Oleander)
    Low scores: 3.5×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois), 4×1 (@send photo), 5×4 (@Sanctuary, @junglefish, @Empty Shoebox, @vague)
    My score: 5

5 ballots:No.36, 5.7 avg.
    10 ballots: No.33, 6.25 avg.
    15 ballots: No.31, 6.867 avg.
    20 ballots: No.31, 6.925 avg.
    25 ballots: No.31, 6.86 avg.
    30 ballots: No.31, 6.967 avg.
    35 ballots: No.32, 7.007 avg.
    40 ballots: No.32, 6.956 avg.
    45 ballots: No.32, 7.028 avg.
    50 ballots: No.32, 7.06 avg.
    54 ballots: No.32, 7.056 avg.

"rendezvous 18.6y" is the fifth track on LOOΠΔ / yyxy's debut mini-album, "beauty&thebeat", released on May 30, 2018. It was written by MonoTree's G-High, and arranged and composed by MonoTree's G-High and Son Goeun.

In the liner notes for "beauty&thebeat", BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Great lyrics, beautiful lyrics. I'm not sure why, but this has always reminded me of, like, a Kidz Bop version of NARSHA's "Radio Star" (minus the great melody), so I don't use it.

@codecat (8.5) — "Cosmically pitched, funky in all the right ways and unapologetically weird, it's impossible to resist the charming rendezvous 18.6y. That chorus! It's so warm and makes me melt! The true highlight of the beauty&thebeat EP. Also..."8.5 what is your signal"...I scored it an 8.5...am I onto something here?"

@Slice of Life (8.5) — "Underrated to be very honest. That iconic song title. That flirty production. Those falsettos. It just works."

@ohnostalgia (8) — "JAZZOONA makes its somewhat triumphant return!"

@Remorque (8) — "Sweet, but nothing spectacular. For me personally this is the worst song on the album and even then I couldn't give it an outright low score..."

@eliminathan (7.75) — "I feel bad rating yyxy album tracks the highest out of the sub-units but the music in this album is brilliant. The chorus is cute too."

@McQueer (7.75) — "LOONA have the best bridges frfr" (this is tea. the middle 8 is the best part of the song)

@mokimbird (7.5) — "really lovely, if not as memorable as some of the other subunit B-sides."

@yuuurei
    (7) — "Kind of retro-cute, but a little bit bland compared to rest of the album, imo. It's fine, though."

@Vixen (7) — "There’s something magical about this. It almost feels like the girls are honestly flying through the stars at night. It’s just very lush and pretty. It does kind of remind me a little bit of D-1 and Girls Talk in terms of atmosphere and vibes.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Whatever Chuu says that sounds like “lyin’, lyin’, lyin’” sounds so cute, even if it’s a simple falsetto note (although G5 is pretty high nonetheless)."

@He (7) — "yyxy giving you their summery ye-ye sound. It’s a nice fresh track, but again not very memorable.

The name is a kii though: 18.6 years is the sidereal period of the coincidence of the girls becoming LOONA 1/3, YeoJin, LOONA/ODD EYE CIRCLE, and lastly LOONA/yyxy. And one fate. Meeting with Fan who have recognized LOONA from even before the debut. Endless things such as these that can only be described as 'rendezvous' That is how rendezvous 18.6y becomes meaningful.

I can’t."

@Petit nain des Îles (6.5) — "Eh, more of the same. Once I got to this one, I was ready for the yyxy EP to end. Sorry queens."

@ryjm (6) — "Rendezvous 18.6y is a funky little tune that is way more fun than I expected it to be, again Go Won steals the show with her spot vocals and background vocals throughout. Although the chorus is relatively uneventful, it’s the verses that keep the track going, delivering a surprising amount swag."

@Ana Raquel (6) — "Nice. Probably won't hear it for a long time, but okay."

@ohaimanabu (6) — "It's a meh from me."

@GeiPanda (6) — "The most disposable track on the yyxy pre-debut mini. I always forget that it exists. It's just very one-note and plain."

@Empty Shoebox
    (5) — "Go Won's lines in the second verse are creeping me out."

@send photo (4) — "The ⅓ jumped out for this mini huh"

@Charles Vingt-†rois (3.5) — "I see where they were going but… This gets a no from me."

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  9. I started with seven 10s and we're not even in Top 30 and I lost four of them.

[​IMG]

My 11 better stay untouched until Top 10.

10. I really like ‘rendezvous’, but like I said I knew from the group thread that people didn’t like this, so I’m not surprised.

A shame. I think it deserved to go top 30 at least.

11. It's another song that has grown on me since submitting my ballot. If I had to rate it today I'd give it a 6 instead of a 5.
    [​IMG]

12. Is this the first yyxy mini song we say goodbye to?

[​IMG]

Kuhleezi, ThighHighs, vague and 3 others like this.
  13. one way left ages ago

[​IMG]

14. LET ME..................................
    FLY TO THE MOON..............................
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............IJESEOYA
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooWOOOOOoooooooooooooo

[​IMG]

Oleander, Kuhleezi, nikkysan and 11 others like this.
  15. Don't remind me...

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

One throbbing heart, two kisses
    A secret party for the two of us that can't be hidden
    The stars in the sky will fill up this night
    The story of us, you and me together

[​IMG]

No.31
    You and Me Together

by LOOΠΔ 1/3

Score: 7.120

High scores: 10×3 (@RUNAWAY, @ohaimanabu, @Cotton Park), 9×5 (@codecat, @eccentricsimply, @OspreyQueen, @Oleander, @Petit nain des Îles), 8.75×1 (@McQueer)
    Low scores: 2.5×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois), 4×2 (@Dangerous Maknae, @teerofinale), 5×4 (@Reboot, @HappyBirthday, @soratami, @_hazzie_)
    My score: 8.25

5 ballots: No.35, 5.85 avg.
    10 ballots: No.32, 6.325 avg.
    15 ballots: No.30, 6.883 avg.
    20 ballots: No.32, 6.888 avg.
    25 ballots: No.32, 6.77 avg.
    30 ballots: No.32, 6.875 avg.
    35 ballots: No.31, 7.021 avg.
    40 ballots: No.31, 7.081 avg.
    45 ballots: No.31, 7.106 avg.
    50 ballots: No.31, 7.16 avg.
    54 ballots: No.31, 7.120 avg.

"You and Me Together" is the third track on LOOΠΔ 1/3's debut mini-album, "Love&Live", released on March 14, 2017. It was written and composed by David Kater and Artronic Waves, with Artronic Waves solely handling the arrangement. The "special" MV for the song was released on March 21, and features behind-the-scenes footage of the "지금, 좋아해 (Love&Live)" MV. A remixed version of the track was included on limited edition physical copies of the "Love&Evil" repackage, released on April 27.

This was my fave song on the mini-album initially, but the title track has grown on me exponentially and overtaken this. The super '80s remix would've gotten a 10 from me, though.

@RUNAWAY (10) — "I know I'm gonna get hated on for having so many tens and not being able to form an objective opinion, but I really don't care. I LOVE this group and adore this song."

@ohaimanabu (10) — "This is one of their best. Phenomenal production. Bouncy verses, and a retro R&B feel really elevate this one."

@Cotton Park (10) — "This is my very favorite LOONA 1/3 era track. Stellar. The only thing that could make it better is if Yeojin had gotten a better report card."

@codecat (9) — "The thing I admire the most about LOONA 1/3 is that they weren't afraid to play with unexpected elements and mix them with their trademark sweetness, like the funky bass and brilliant Prince synths beaming on You and Me Together. Combined with the simple, smooth songwriting, it makes for a big discography highlight, with the best pre-chorus in their EP."

@Remorque (9) — "Why was I never invested in this mini album before? This is the second bop on it and I'm living for the 80s-lite production. The girls are giving me everything too. HaSeul is fast becoming a favourite of mine, while Vivi is doing the least here."

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "Funky basslines, issa bop. I'm using this one as a shower singalong starting from tomorrow."

@yuuurei (8.5) — "A fun retro-y bop. Not a lot to say about it but I like it!"

@ryjm (7) — "THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE TITLE TRACK BBC, YOU HEAR ME!? The best 1/3 song is an absolute bop. This is basically I’ll Be There’s sister track and is my favourite 1/3 song by a large margin. While I appreciate 1/3’s concept and sound was centred around a more innocent concept, none of it truly resonated with me, only through repeated listens have I warmed up to their sound and come to appreciate their concept. Conversely, I only needed to hear this song once to know it was a monster bop, 1/3 delivered, this is how you do it ladies!"

@ohnostalgia (7) — "Like a can of open soda pop you left out overnight."

@Vixen (7) — "It sounds a lot like ‘I’ll Be There’. I guess it has the same City Pop vibes. I do think I might prefer it to ‘IBT’ just because it’s a little bit less grating."

@GeiPanda (7) — "This is pretty cute."

@He (7) — "This is a bit too similar to I’ll be there, to the point where I confuse them, kii. It’s the inferior version, though. "

@eliminathan (6.5) — "It's very "worse version of I'll be there but can still hold it's own"."

@Slice of Life (6) — "Ooh, this is a nice retro number. I'd say the verses deserve a better chorus though. A missed opportunity."

@Ana Raquel (6) — "Filler."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "As I keep saying with these one third songs, they're just not memorable or special to me."

@mokimbird (5.5) — "I honestly...don't like this a lot? I think the rhythms of it are too heavy, the melody doesn't go anywhere special, and "dubeunui KISSSS" always feels a little bit too on-the-nose. The production's nice, though. Best as the background music to LOONA TV Episode #135."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (2.5) — "Sounds too try hard for me. (and I like 2NE1)"

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  17. ☽ TOP 30 ☾

[​IMG]
    ViViD
    I'll Be There
    소년, 소녀 (Let Me In)
    지금, 좋아해 (Love&Live)
    Everyday I love you (feat. HaSeul)
    알 수 없는 비밀 (Sonatine)

[​IMG]
    Eclipse
    Twilight
    Singing in the Rain
    Love Letter
    Love Cherry Motion
    Puzzle
    Girl Front
    LOONATIC
    Chaotic
    Starlight
    Sweet Crazy Love
    Uncover
    ODD Front

[​IMG]
    new
    D-1
    Heart Attack
    Girl's Talk
    One&Only
    See Saw (feat. Kim Lip)
    Egoist (feat. JinSoul)
    Rosy (feat. HeeJin)
    love4eva (feat. Grimes)
    frozen

[​IMG]
    favOriTe

18. There's definitely some OEC tracks to cut down before we enter the top 20 and that's the tea on that.

Oleander, Kuhleezi, Rem and 10 others like this.
  19. OMG I SAW THAT @vague UNNIE

WHAT'S HAPPENING

I'M GONNA CRY

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.