☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

The nights will only grow longer
    My memories will only deepen
    Your warm touch and soft voice
    I can't fall asleep without you, oh, baby, baby

[​IMG]

No.30
    Twilight

by LOOΠΔ / Kim Lip

Score: 7.287

High scores: 10×3 (@Sanctuary, @Oleander, @_hazzie_), 9.5×1 (@RUNAWAY), 9×3 (@nikkysan, @Rem, @Remorque), 8.75×1 (@BEST FICTION)
    Low scores: 3×1 (@Vixen), 4×1 (@Rainbow Trousers), 5×6 (@teerofinale, @Coming Century, @Serg., @HappyBirthday, @OspreyQueen, @McQueer)
    My score: 8.25

5 ballots: No.21 (tied), 7.65 avg
    10 ballots: No.26, 7.475 avg.
    15 ballots: No.29, 7.083 avg.
    20 ballots: No.29, 7.163 avg.
    25 ballots: No.29, 7.11 avg.
    30 ballots: No.29, 7.3 avg.
    35 ballots: No.29, 7.307 avg.
    40 ballots: No.30, 7.131 avg.
    45 ballots: No.29, 7.294 avg.
    50 ballots: No.30, 7.245 avg.
    54 ballots: No.30, 7.287 avg.

"Twilight" is the b-side to Kim Lip's self-titled debut single album, released on May 23, 2017. It was arranged and produced by Cha Cha Malone; written by Kim Taeseong, Iconic Sounds' Lee Jieun, and SECRET member Song Jieun; and composed by Cha Cha Malone, Kim Taeseong, and SECRET member Song Jieun.

In the description for the "Eclipse" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    I'm honestly shocked this is the first ODD EYE CIRCLE track to fall. It's such a nice companion piece to "Eclipse"; they're near total opposites while still existing in a similar place musically. This definitely isn't the weakest of the OEC era tracks... I adore this.

@RUNAWAY (9.5) — "this song is a great exact opposite of Eclipse, and fits perfectly as its b-side. It's really well sung, and the production is fantastic."

@Rem (9) — "Imagine being this talented."

@Remorque (9) — "Queen of ad-libs! No, but seriously, I love this song. She sounds fantastic and my only gripe with it is that it was the first song that didn't get a video treatment and it following Eclipse. But that's hardly the song's fault, is it..."

@codecat (8.5) — "A straight up romp that wouldn't sound out of place in something like the Emancipation of Mimi with the junction of delicate piano with big beats. Lip breezes throughout the sweet melodies of the song, and the chorus is just perfect and makes me melt. If she ever has a solo EP, I hope we get more tracks like Twilight, since they showcase the best aspects of her lush, crystal clear (and yeah nasal but she has that working out for her) voice."

@Slice of Life (8.5) — "Kween of Celestial Songs. It's not a shock that NASA is a stan. I really love this and I love that it shows off Kimmie's emotional depth as a vocalist despite the very trendy Cha Cha Malone production. She bodied this."

@He (8.5) — "I love this. Many call it Eclipse redux, but it has great charm, and I live for Lippie’s affected tone and runs."

@ohnostalgia (8) — "Probably one of the strongest solo b-sides."

@mokimbird (8) — "feels warm yet wistful (and bitter) in a way few songs in LOONA's ouvere do. this has really grown on me."

@GeiPanda (8) — "Very 90's."

@Petit nain des Îles (8) — ""I need a chacha beat boy" is enough to win me over. Cute number, not the most impressive song but I'm bopping enough."

@eliminathan (7.75) — "There are some parts of this song I'm not a fan of but the chorus is great even if it sounds like the vocals are coming out of a human sized nose with how nasal it is." (i can't)

@yuuurei (7.5) — "Pretty good, I feel like it plods along a bit but it's not bad by any means. The ad libs towards the end are quite nice."

@Ana Raquel (7) — "Unfortunately not nearly as good as Eclipse."

@ohaimanabu (7) — "I enjoy this one, but it's nothing groundbreaking. The "i need a cha cha beat boy" part is a moment though lmao."

@ThighHighs (7) — "This is good and all, but it definitely sounds like a b-side to me."

@Cotton Park (7) — "I would love this a little less if I didn't love Kimberly's believeable, earnest, imperfect but singularly endearing delivery."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (6.25) — "Slightly basic but I still enjoy it."

@ryjm (6) — "Twilight is a bit of a miss for me; when paired with the masterpiece that is Eclipse, Twilight just seems underwhelming in comparison (one might say that it is…eclipsed by the title track, ddd.). The song is perfectly serviceable and I’ll never say no to Kim Lip content, but we all know that there is so much better to come."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "This is another that feels like a 'safe' song. To me, it sounds like something I've heard before."

@Vixen (3) — "I’m not gonna lie, I kinda hate this dddd. I think it plods along nicely during the verses with that weird piano and the pre-chorus, but Jesus, that chorus is BORING. An absolute bore.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Kim Lip has a nice falsetto, but for the most part this sometimes falls on the bad side of “nasally”. I do like her English ad-libs at the end of the song, there’s a decent C#5/D5 there."

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  2. [​IMG]

we're losing our first 11 tomorrow.

3. dddd sorry i thot it would be a new page and then realized it wasn't. thank you for replying so i could repost it!!

4. THERE HAS TO BE A MISTAKE OMFGGGGGGGGGGGG

I'M SHAKEN THAT THIS IS THE FIRST OEC TO GET ELIMINATED

With that said, I'm okay with this elimination dddddddd.

5. Not too sad to see that one go, for me it's the weakest OEC B-side (Puzzle is great, fight me). It should have outlasted some of the OEC EP tracks though.

Love Deluxe, Vixen and vague like this.
  6. You and Me Together should still be here. This is fucking bullshit.

And the 11 is most likely mine. I’m really really upset with how this is going.

7. [​IMG]

Thanks so much for the gif, @vague!

I am honestly so disgusted by this elimination. Twilight did not deserve to be the first OEC solo B-side to leave, let alone the first OEC track to leave you ugly heathens! It's giving you throwback R&B smooth jam vibes and even throws in more peppy and beat-driven sections that lend themselves to some choreo. I haven't watched the group's web drama but I know OEC was on it so BBC could have at least pulled an Around You and given us a video made of her appearances on the drama. Actually......maybe it was for the best that we didn't get that dddd. Anyway, I could totally see this getting a video. Those sections where it sounds like a filter or something is used on Kim's voice in particular scream "dance break with clock inspired armography" to me. Sigh.....what could have been.

Also, scream at this being the first B-side with Kim Sexy Eyes Sexy Lips Sexy Nose Sexy Love on it to leave considering how many See Saw haters I have seen. Talent lives to fight for another day.

Rem, ohnostalgia, nikkysan and 13 others like this.
  8. FINALLY!

There is a God afterall.
    And she is a woman...
    And she's called Chuu...

Oleander, Kuhleezi, Rem and 10 others like this.
  9. Whew. I think that's our biggest drop yet?

Thanks to the 49 last voters huh xoxo

ohaimanabu and vague like this.
  10. there's a song coming up that was top 5 at one point and didn't break the top 25 in the end.

11. We love when Vivi stans get their ballots in early.

12. @vague

13. [​IMG]

14. He

He

Ugh, the lack of taste.

myblood, Oleander, vague and 3 others like this.
  15. This is fucking amazing

POPJUSTICE DISCOURSE SIMULATOR AKA POPJUSTICE LOONA RATE 2K18

Oleander, vague, Vixen and 1 other person like this.
  16. My recent job search pulled me away from the forum for a little while, so I know I'm behind (and very upset I was the only 10 for Kiss Later). But what I was confused about in regards to the video was where it fit in the timeline.
    Chuu met HaSeul at the end of Heart Attack, with HaSeul wearing her "The Carol" coat.
    This is also where Chuu met Yves, and then went with Yves to meet Go Won in One & Only.
    Then Go Won (with blonde hair) & Chuu made the bracelet (the SeeSaw video from the fan events) that showed up in HyunJin's video.
    But then at the end, HyunJin and HeeJin don't recognize each other despite the fact that the whole bracelet situation meant Around You must take place after the Carol- where HeeJin, HyunJin and HaSeul were all together.

In other words, Around You somehow seems to take place both before and after The Carol. Being an Orbit is confusing.

Oleander, Cotton Park, vague and 3 others like this.
  17. Rendezvous 18.6y is a gorgeous song. Looking back, I actually feel like I might have underscored it with my 8.

Oleander, vague, clowezra and 2 others like this.
  18. He

He

I don't think the Carols are too woven into the narrative. Heart Attack used the imagery because it was scheduled at the end of the year, and it went along with the "Little Little Match Girl" story.

Also, Chuu doesn't really meet Haseul, they're not in the same "plane" (side of the mobius). I think they might catch glimpses of each other, but remember Chuu doesn't even acknowledge her when she wakes up.

I think Go Won has always had blond hair, but the change of hair was the inner representation of her becoming her own true love / enlightenment.

Also, where do Heejin and Hyunjin not recognise each other?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  19. Twilight is like, the second or third worse weak song so I'm not really surprised it's the first out.

It's not bad....it's just kinda....there.

DrinkMyTears, vague, McQueer and 2 others like this.
  20. So far so good with this rate, but I'm honestly shocked to see You & Me Together eliminated so early on, it's definitely one of the strongest 1/3 tracks. But if it had to die so that I'll Be There could live, I'm OK with that.
    [​IMG]

If one of the OEC era tracks had to go first I'm glad it was Twilight, it received my lowest score for them so I'm not mad.

vague and Vixen like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.