☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. well that was a twist, yiKES

2. Let Me In and Starlight are both quite unremarkable. I'm surprised Let Me In even managed to stick around this long.

Vixen and ohaimanabu like this.
  3. it's time to say goodbye to our first 11.

it's the only 11 to miss the top 20 :(

[​IMG]

A pink world for just you and me
    In this beautiful place colored by the sunlight
    I’ll take my throbbing heart that's full of excitement
    Whichever way the wind blows

[​IMG]

No.27
    I'll Be There

by LOOΠΔ / HeeJin & HyunJin

Score: 7.583

High scores: 11×1 (@Serg.), 10×2 (@RUNAWAY, @Kuhleezi), 9.5×1 (@Oleander), 9×10 (@codecat, @Coming Century, @Rainbow Trousers, @ddog, @BEST FICTION, @eccentricsimply, @ohaimanabu, @Hurricane Drunk, @Petit nain des Îles, @Cotton Park)
    Low scores: 4.25×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois), 5×2 (@send photo, @_hazzie_)
    My score: 8.75

5 ballots: No.21 (tied), 7.65 avg.
    10 ballots: No.23, 7.775 avg.
    15 ballots: No.18, 8.017 avg.
    20 ballots: No.23, 7.788 avg.
    25 ballots: No.24, 7.73 avg.
    30 ballots: No.26, 7.625 avg.
    35 ballots: No.26, 7.621 avg.
    40 ballots: No.27, 7.594 avg.
    45 ballots: No.27, 7.594 avg.
    50 ballots: No.27, 7.645 avg.
    54 ballots: No.27, 7.583 avg.

"I'll Be There" is the b-side to HyunJin's solo single album, released on November 17, 2016 - although, oddly, this is the first track on digital editions of the single. The song features vocals from HeeJin and HyunJin, who were the only members revealed at the time of release. The music video was shot in Japan, alongside the MV for HyunJin's solo single, "다녀가요 (Around You)". The song was written by David Kater and Artronic Waves, arranged by Artronic Waves, and composed by David Kater; the duo also worked together on 1/3's "You and Me Together".

The 2Jin pairing is so iconic, honestly, and their duets are among LOOΠΔ's strongest material, imo. This was the first full-on bop we got from the group, and to see it miss the top 20 is heartbreaking. I hope we can get another song - a b-side, OST, anything! - from just the two of them again soon. Sorry, @Serg. unnie! This song deserved better.

@RUNAWAY (10) — "The back-and-forth between 2Jin is EVERYTHING. When I was just getting into Loona, this is the song that I always went back to, because it is just SO GOOD."

@codecat (9) — "AN ANTHEM. BBC went crazy with the Prince-like productions in the LOONA 1/3 period and I'm absolutely here for the synthy funk moments on I'll Be There. Hyunjin and Heejin also make a great pair, which helps me to overlook some of the...questionable choreo."

@eccentricsimply (9) — "It's such a soft duet song honestly, and the video is so fucking sweet. Sign me the fuck up for this soft girlfriends content."

@ohaimanabu (9) — "Their first bop for me!"

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "Kpop meets New Jack Swing? COUNT ME IN, the best of both genres are intertwined. How is this not played on radio? I'm crying."

@Cotton Park (9) — "After Heejin's weird but memorable first single, Hyunjin takes her arm through a classic 80's R&B romp in a video that makes them the most endearing duo since 15&. I really never get tired of this one."

@Slice of Life (8.5) — "HyunJin lacks in vocal prowess but she makes it work here. Again, the production is amazing. I finally get the point of those ReacttotheK nerds. I can see myself loving this more in time."

@Ana Raquel (8) — "Really really cool fun awesome etc."

@yuuurei (8) — "Very cute and retro, this is really fun and I like the contrast with the A-side."

@eliminathan (8) — "2Jin should have debuted as a subunit instead of solos because this is THAT cute bop."

@ThighHighs (8) — "Living for this “Rhythm of Love” album track realness! Those synths are SO good."

@mokimbird (7.5) — "I fondly remember when this song came out and people began to pay attention to LOONA - it's really grown in status over time, but it'll always be that song from a then-nugu project that piqued my interest way back on a fall afternoon in 2016."

@He (7.5) — "2Jin in action! They are lovely here, and super catchy. I don’t love it as much, and the video kind of ruins it a bit too. But the high energy is great, and the production is great."

@ryjm (7) — "It is an absolute travesty that this was relegated to b-side status in favour of the monotonous Around You. The first real bop of the LOONAVERSE this is such a cute lil’ ditty. The interplay between 2jin is flawless and the accompanying video reiterates why 2jin are just so damn adorable (the ORIGINAL talented lesbian couple). The LOONATV episodes signalled that the crackheads were coming, boy WE WERE NOT READY!"

@Empty Shoebox (7) — "This is a lot closer to what we now know as LOONA. You can hear the composition improving and becoming much more interesting. Would this have been enough to get me into them at that time? Not sure."

@Remorque (7) — "The production on this one is fantastically 80s, but it just doesn't really do a lot for me. The girls sound fine and I do like the video (though why do I get the feeling HeeJin isn't the best dancer and HyunJin is grinning through her teeth), but it's not one of their better tracks."

@GeiPanda (7) — "This is surprisingly not bad! One of the only LOONA tracks I hadn't heard before this rate. I expected a vocal nightmare, but it's a cute song with some nice 90's throwback influence."

@ohnostalgia (6.5) — "Maybe they should’ve given HyunJin two ballads. The production completely carries I’ll Be There, which for the record isn’t very far."

@Vixen (6) — "A nice slice of City Pop, with a very quirky and chewy intro. Sadly overall I just don’t think the song goes where it’s meant to go. Hyunjin sounds good in the first verse, a lot more full, a lot less like she’s trying to breathe air in… but she drops that pretty soon. A shame. The “… i’ll be there! … I’ll be there! … I’ll be there!” in the chorus are both catchy and annoying, so it can make for a very tiring listen when you’re not in the mood.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: I think there’s actually a belted B4 at the end of the pre-chorus which I always assumed was Heejin, but now listening back…I think it’s Hyunjin? WHEW, shooketh! Main vocalist coming through."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (4.25) — "the most fun of the first songs. the friendship between the girls is cute but… neither the attitude or the vocals are there to carry the song."

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  4. [​IMG]

all three songs leaving tomorrow are singles.

5. i want to be positive but losing one of my top 5 this early into the rate is a heartbreaker : (

myblood, PopZeitgeist, Rem and 12 others like this.
  6. Did we really collectively deem One & Only to be better than Let Me In and I'll Be There???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. How the FUCK is ViViD still in?

myblood, Rem, Serg. and 10 others like this.
  8. ViViD, Everyday I love you and One & Only all didn't deserve to beat Let Me In (as well as a couple other singles) so they can choke even if I stan One & Only.

Unless "singles" in this case also refers to favOriTe because she's been uninvited to the party but refuses to leave and at this point I'm going to call the police.

Serg., codecat, He and 2 others like this.
  9. [​IMG]

me looking at my ballot, where the only commentary i wrote was a small blurb for my 11. me looking at my 8s that probably won't qualify for 'high scores'. me realizing most of my scores so far have been middling compared to fellow kpj-nims and accepting my lack of impact.
    [​IMG]

10. love these discussions
    [​IMG]

ddd pleathe they take a long time for me to do

11. I saw you adding this section, binch. And I just had to retract my like. xoxo

12. YATH CALL THESE LAZY LIKERS OUT

IT LITERALLY TAKES 0.00001 SECOND TO LIKE AN ELIMINATION POST

13. SCREAM !!!!

So 'One & Only', 'ViViD' and 'Everyday I Love You' huh​

yuuurei, Serg., He and 3 others like this.
  14. Love&Live is overrated.

15. See what we're not gonna do...is this.

xoxo

HappyBirthday, McQueer, Rem and 7 others like this.
  16. Vivid needs to be gone

17. Y'all really had to pull a BBC and not let HaSeul catch a break, huh? It's Iceland all over again.

[​IMG]

myblood, BEST FICTION, vague and 14 others like this.
  18. He

He

Let Me In is out?!!

I hate you all.

@Vixen, I also agree Haseul is timid/not confident when singing. But she seems to have the talent. I wonder if this influenced her not getting lines. Also, unnie, are you a musician/singer/work for ReacttotheK?

19. That round was brutal. I'm perfectly happy to see my Crunchy God Won surviving another round, but I shan't tolerate the I'll Be There erasure. I thought it would last until at least top 20. Phew this is a RIDE.

Losing Starlight hurt. Love & Live can go now please.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.