☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. This, deservedly, won't go anywhere soon.

I'm low-key hoping it's Sonatine but I was dragged for hating it in another rate so I just stay calm for now.

2. (nñnñn I do sing, but I don't work for ReactotheK at all kiiii or you would have seen some actual stanning on those disappointing reaction videos... )

Wait, it's the opposite for me. While I do think the vocals are too tamed for my liking on 'Let Me In', I also think Haseul is actually quite confident in her voice in general, probably the most in the group actually. (And Chuu arguably the least confident "live" out of the vocal line, which is very ironic considering what she goes on to do in the studio.)

I think it's just the way she sings, honestly. She lets a lot of air in, and she doesn't really open her mouth and/or raise the soft palette, rather she places her voice in her nose, etc, so it usually results into a very tight sound that lacks openness and may sound... a little bit shy and reserved? But I think it's just the way she wants to sing, rather than her lacking the confidence. The airy sound makes it more girly/feminine, I guess? Maybe she thinks she sounds "prettier" that way? (Which is fair, by the way, if that's her opinion. It's her voice afterall.) Personally, I just want her to BELT, you know? Let it all go, Mom!

But yeah, she usually never shies away from singing something live (whereas some other members do, or when they do sing, they get really nervous and mess up), so I highly doubt she's lacking confidence per say. I mean she sang Chuu's high-note in Hi High live without much nerves while Chuu has yet to actually belt it (only has done it in falsetto for now).

I honestly don't know how to explain her lack of lines except maybe sadly her lack of popularity.

Don't get me wrong, despite what I just said above, I do think she deserves a lot more lines than what she got in "[++]".

They did say they had no "fixed positions", so who knows what the future holds...

She was defo done dirty on 'Hi High' though...

3. Sigh, if only all the voters in Kumi rate did this as well...

Oleander, vague, codecat and 4 others like this.
  4. [​IMG] YALL [​IMG] CAN [​IMG] CHOKE [​IMG]

5. @ohnostalgia put perfectly my problem with Let Me In. It is well done and sung but yeah kind of beige. It is nor weird and jazzy like Vivid neither a melancholic mood piece like Around You. I hate that i do not like it more considering Haseul is obviously very talented and underappreciated.

Time for both Choerry songs to go, this is getting ridiculous.

vague, ohnostalgia and Serg. like this.
  6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  8. He

He

9. He

He

Yes I actually agree with you, I just maybe didn’t express myself properly. Indeed Haseul doesn’t shy away from singing properly live when asked. But maybe it’s the technique that makes her sound timid.

I think her, and Yves, and then maybe in a lower bracket Jinsoul, Lip and Heejin, seem confident in singing. Lip doesn’t while performing though. I think Choerry isn’t as shy either.

And Chuu is shy when asked to sing, she always half-asses it. Except in that radio station where they clearly came prepared to sing a bit.

vague and ohaimanabu like this.
  10. You guys asking for Vivid and Love Cherry Motion to leave when One & Only is RIGHT THERE.

myblood, Kuhleezi, vague and 8 others like this.
  11. I'll Be There deserved a lot better.....

Bu LCM can feel FREE to leave anytime soon.

vague and Former member 21294 like this.
  12. Let Me In, I'm sorry sweetie

myblood, Capitan, Kuhleezi and 9 others like this.
  13. @vague I don't know how I didn't notice it before but I apologize for forgetting a word in my I'll Be There commentary nn. I was trying to say "the best of both genres are intertwined" but somehow screwed it up. Just so you know!

You're doing a brillant job delivering this rate while keeping us calm, otherwise this subforum would be used as the scenery for a Battle Royale remake.

Kuhleezi, Oleander, vague and 3 others like this.
  14. I'll be there is better than almost every single song from yyxy what's going on????????????????????????

choerry sweetie i'm so sorry you were mentioned in such a horrendous way you deserve the world

Kuhleezi, vague, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  15. He

He

I'll Be There isn't really that good. But it is quite fun.

vague likes this.
  16. ViViD deserves to be in. Stay pressed.

17. I'll Be There pales in comparison to their other uptempo songs, but it's cute for what it is.

vague, PopZeitgeist and He like this.
  18. I like I'll Be There but ... I can't summon much despair for it when I think One & Only is about to go way before it should.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    vague and RUNAWAY like this.
  19. Wow....... Let Me In and I'll Be There out before some of these b-sides........

See Saw and Puzzle are only okay y'all.

vague likes this.
  20. apologies for the late start today! i fell asleep when i got home from work ddd

as i mentioned yesterday, we're losing three singles today . . .

so, what's the first one out?

[​IMG]

Ah, meeting myself in this universe
    It wasn't a coincidence
    Oh, now I know
    Why the swaying flowers bloom

[​IMG]

No.26
    One&Only

by LOOΠΔ / Go Won

Score: 7.611

High scores: 10×7 (@teerofinale, @Sanctuary, @enjoy, @ddog, @yuuurei, @Oleander, @McQueer), 9.75×2 (@PopZeitgeist, @eliminathan), 9×6 (@Dangerous Maknae, @codecat, @Rainbow Trousers, @RUNAWAY, @DrinkMyTears, @Animalia)
    Low scores: 2×2 (@Serg., @Slice of Life), 5×3 (@junglefish, @Kuhleezi, @askew), 5.25×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois)
    My score: 8.75

5 ballots: No.5 (tied), 9.5 avg.
    10 ballots: No.11 (tied), 8.7 avg.
    15 ballots: No.20, 7.967 avg.
    20 ballots: No.20, 7.988 avg.
    25 ballots: No.21, 7.79 avg.
    30 ballots: No.20, 7.85 avg.
    35 ballots: No.23, 7.836 avg.
    40 ballots: No.23, 7.731 avg.
    45 ballots: No.26, 7.717 avg.
    50 ballots: No.26, 7.695 avg.
    54 ballots: No.26, 7.611 avg.

"One&Only" is Go Won's debut single from her self-titled single album, released on January 30, 2018. There are two versions of the track available: the original mix found only on the physical edition, and a 3D mix found in the MV and on digital retailers/streaming. The song was written by MonoTree's Park Jiyeon, arranged by Darren "Baby Dee Beats" Smith, and composed by Darren "Baby Dee Beats" Smith and Tammy. Baby Dee Beats is known for his work on AMBER's "White Noise", GFRIEND's "Love Is In The Air", Girls' Generation's "Lion Heart", SHINee's "Get The Treasure", and TWICE's "LOVE LINE".

In the description for the "One&Only" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    If y'all remember the very first bit of tea I posted about the leaderboard, that song tied for no.3 was this one ddd. After a few score changes, tho, its ~official~ first position is no.5 in the end. This song is so cute, mainly due to Go Won's soft, girly vocals, so it's right up my alley. Go Won is such a precious little weirdo, I can't help but love her, so I was hoping, mostly for her sake, this song would hang on just a bit longer, but now does feel like its time to go.

@teerofinale (10) — "It was love at first listen! From the teaser with the those instrumentals to her “one & only”. And then her rapping in those instrumentals gives me life! Honestly wished she rapped more! If my mom who cannot stand kpop loves this song it’s definitely a bop"

@yuuurei (10) — "I think this song is sooo adorable without being overly syrupy, I love it! This track is deceptive - it seems simple at first, but the more you listen to it and pay attention to the (very pretty and touching) lyrics, the more compelling it gets."

@eliminathan (9.75) — "Yes I am aware that I have been criticising the vocal ability of every artist before and after Go Won and using their prowess as an indication of how good a song is. Yes I am aware Go Won's voice is absolutely not the tea. The only reason this gets a 9.75 instead of a 10 is because I can't in my right mind give this more than Eclipse but if I gave Eclipse a 10 y'all know this bop gets it too. Vocals be damned she really popped off."

@codecat (9) — "Gowon's debut is a work of CRUNCHY ART. It reminds me of a JYP production and that's...a great thing. Oh and the video? With the blurred-out stalkers creeping up behind her? Kubrick found dead in a ditch. Wait. He's actually dead. Kubrick found dying even more!!! Also Gowon is a hair QUEEN. Y'all wish your scalps had the resilience it takes to go from jet black to blond! Ugh. Flawless golden makeup. Great veils, beautiful veils."

@RUNAWAY (9) — "I really do love this song. Queen of crunch Go Won really delivered."

@HappyBirthday (9) — "You had me at 'I don’t need no garden of Eden.'"

@Empty Shoebox (8) — "I think the title drops are the worst thing here. They don't drag the song down massively, because it's missing that special something the tens have."

@mokimbird (8) — "slight but spunky, full of personality. Go Won may not be main vocal material, but her voice works very well for the haunting, uplifting vibe of the song."

@GeiPanda (8) — "It's a really well-made song, but Go Won's crunchy-munchy vocals..."

@Petit nain des Îles (8) — "At this point in my run through LOONA's discography, I feel like I've already heard this kind of song done better by a subunit or in another solo release, but I'm bopping to it either way."

@ryjm (7.5) — "Queen of the portrait video, wig changes, eating pineapples, and 3D rapping. Our crunchy legend had one of the most polarising solos with One&Only. While I completely understand the criticisms the song gets, I can’t deny my unrelenting love for my pineapple princess. Her visuals are out of this world and I honestly love how distinct her tone is. Alongside Kim Lip, Go Won has one of the most recognisable voices and adds much needed (crunchy) texture to the group’s overall sound."

@Ana Raquel (7) — "I feel like I like it more than I should."

@ohaimanabu (7) — "A great song but in the midst of tracks like ODD Front, Heart Attack and Sweet Crazy Love, I don't revisit it as much."

@Remorque (7) — "Go Won, Queen of Reveals. Seriously, switching wigs during a middle 8? When will certain New York drag queens??? The girl looks gorgeous in the video, but there's just something that doesn't entirely click with me. Immaculate production values though!"

@ohnostalgia (6.5) — "Great silhouettes, beautiful silhouettes."

@send photo (6.5) — "Britney following Beyoncé at the 2016 VMAs teas"

@eccentricsimply (6.5) — "Poor Gowon got stuck with the worst solo out of all the girls."

@He (6.5) — "Ok I used to dislike this. But despite Go Won / the vocal production doing their best to ruin it, the rest of the song sounds so magical and wistful that you can’t disregard it. That pre chorus and rap parts are still a bit demonic, but the video is beyond gorgeous and a more subtle in integrating the lore than the rest. We crown thee crunchy queen."

@Vixen (6) — "The panning, the effects/filters on the vocals, are all great, and it does an amazing job at building this sort of creepy/alarming pre-chorus, but it’s also kind of… lacklustre? It’s a little bit one-notey and stagnant. The chorus just doesn’t do enough for me, and obviously the crunchy vocals of Miss Go Won can’t do too much work here. Still, I really love that pre-chorus, so I’ll give it some points for that. Also, the bridge is cute. And the crunch is real.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Great crunchy gowns, beautiful crunchy gowns….. ddd, there’s actually some really weird ad-libs really hidden deeply in this song and they’re actually super high, but I’m not sure they’re truly Go Won’s?"

@ThighHighs (6) — "She doesn’t have the range."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (5.25) — "Beautiful hair."

@Slice of Life (2) — "The worst LOONA solo. I'm sorry but this is just not the tea. I love Go Won; she's like my fifth LOONA bias after Kim Lip, JinSoul, Chuu and Yves but good god was I a hater when this was just released. There is literally no redeeming value here. If this ranks higher than the awesome album tracks, I will riot."

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.