☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Definitely the weakest yyxy solo single so I ain’t mad at this leaving.

ohaimanabu, myblood, Rem and 7 others like this.
  2. ddddd this has aged AWFULLY..................

3. The commentary for this one is honestly SENDING me. Ya'll do too much on the poor crunchy sis.

Also, falling from #5 to #26? ksdlldfnlksdsaoadd

4. FINALLY.

I really shoudv'e scored this lower but I like poor Go Won too much nñn

5. The decay. Just like how bromelain breaks down protein.

Glad I could help her get in the top ten for a hot second.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    ohaimanabu, Serg., nikkysan and 2 others like this.
  6. Well, she might not have won the rate but Ms. Crunch and her crackhead ways have certainly won all of our hearts.

[​IMG]

As I said before, I'm so used to seeing her as a blonde that whenever I see her with black hair it feels like I am looking at a different person ddd. Also, I never noticed this but in the screencap for the video, Go Won's hair looks like the hair Kim has now just maybe not as grey. I guess she really is the Queen of Hair if she's got the other girls copying her.

DrinkMyTears, myblood, Rem and 13 others like this.
  7. 'One & Only' might not be it, but Go Won's scalp is honestly so powerful.

I'm pretty sure I remember a conversation about Kim Lip (and Jinsoul? I think) complaining about their scalps and the platinum blonde hair dye (that's why Kim Lip went dark silver I think? her dark roots blends fairly well with the color, so she won't have to touch them up as often), and Go Won was like "I love being blonde. I wanna go light pink or purple next!" ddddd don't rub it in her face binch

8. My scalp was not powerful enough to hold onto my wig when I heard One & Only for the first time.

9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I AM DECEASED.

10. [​IMG]

In an intimate place we could touch with our bare hands
    That's where my true feelings are
    I might burst into tears with even the slightest touch
    If you knew all that, would you still come to me?

[​IMG]

No.25
    지금, 좋아해 (Love&Live)

by LOOΠΔ 1/3

Score: 7.639

High scores: 10×8 (@junglefish, @codecat, @Rainbow Trousers, @RUNAWAY, @Vixen, @Oleander, @Remorque, @McQueer), 9.5×1 (@yourbetterknow), 9×4 (@teerofinale, @enjoy, @Serg., @Rem)
    Low scores: 3×1 (@ryjm), 5×3 (@Ana Raquel, @Kuhleezi, @Petit nain des Îles)
    My score: 8.5

5 ballots: No.20, 7.7 avg.
    10 ballots: No.20, 7.85 avg.
    15 ballots: No.16, 8.1 avg.
    20 ballots: No.19, 8 avg.
    25 ballots: No.23, 7.74 avg.
    30 ballots: No.24, 7.733 avg.
    35 ballots: No.24 (tied), 7.743 avg.
    40 ballots: No.25, 7.663 avg.
    45 ballots: No.24, 7.756 avg.
    50 ballots: No.25, 7.77 avg.
    54 ballots: No.25, 7.639 avg.

"지금, 좋아해 (Love&Live)" (jigeum, johahae; right now, i like you) is LOOΠΔ 1/3's debut single from their first mini-album, "Love&Live", released on March 14, 2017. It was written, arranged, and composed by MonoTree's Hwang Hyun. A remixed version of the track was included on normal edition physical copies of the "Love&Evil" repackage, released on April 27, 2017. Additionally, a new version of the song with different verses and Choerry subbing in for HyunJin was shown at CINEMA THEORY events; this version of the song was also performed at the LOOΠΔbirth concert by the original LOOΠΔ 1/3 line-up.

This was not one of my favorite LOOΠΔ songs when I first heard it, but it's grown on me a ton over time. The MV was the birth of the whole LOOΠΔverse story as we know it now, too, so that earns it some extra points. Also: I really want that Choerry remix to be released!

@codecat (10) — "Ahhhh ~ the pure feelings of bliss and freshness LOONA 1/3 convey on Love&Live are unbeatable. This one is the proof that they perform the best when they come together (I'm glad Yeojin got "lost in the forest" for this one). Everything around it is so enchanting...their voices are a poly amorous match made in heaven and bring out lots of clear, bright textures to the amazing blend of synthpop (those cascading synths in the beginning!!!) and the "purity" GG-style type of production. Other highlights are: great outfits + beautiful cover art + iconic running stance choreo. Also, Love&Live begins the series of convoluted LOONAtheories with the android ViVi storyline (ddddddddddd @ the people saying "Awwwww!!!! ViVi can't drink the ice tea the other girls give her but she saves them in her locker so cute!!!!!!! Like, NO, she's not drinking any of that shit because she is a freaking ROBOT and y'all idiots should know the disastrous outcomes of mixing liquids with electronics), which is quite the landmark moment in their timeline."

@RUNAWAY (10) — "this is my favorite lead single of the group. I feel so much love for this song, I can't even put it into words. Heejin's adlibs at the end are ICONIC as well"

@Vixen (10) — "Okay, this is the good shit. Ugh, this is SO good. I can’t believe how a song that is so cute and glossy ends up sounding SO FUCKING epic? Like wheew, wig? That intro, wig. Those synths on the chorus, wig. That key change, wig. The best LOONA 1/3 song, hands down – and I *will* fight all of you on this. Don't let this flop you heathens.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Haseul and Heejin does the heavy lifting here. Haseul sounds cute, and Heejin do have another nice sustained D5 that is, technically not flat, but sounds very… well, flat ddd. I guess it’s just her tone. Sadly she completely loses control when she scales down from the note, and her descending into the fourth octave just ends up sounding really bad."

@Remorque (10) — "Okay, but this is a fucking bop, innit. LOOΠΔ 1/3 never really clicked with me the way the other sub-groups did, but this has floored me. The girls, especially HeeJin and HaSeul (and well... Vivi is barely audible) sound great and the production's fun."

@teerofinale (9) — "This was always a favorite of mine! I just love the synthy opening with the piano and the monologue. The vocals in this song are really beautiful. All in all I love this song 'with all my heart'!"

@HappyBirthday (9) — "AKA the video where I first noticed the symbolism of LOONA."

@Rem (9) — "How am I just hearing this for the first time? This is so good omg. My Korean Queens."

@eccentricsimply (8.5) — "The verses are a bit underwhelming, but I truly enjoy the chorus."

@He (8.5) — "1/3 really came together here. Though I always kii at Heejin stealing all high notes from Haseul. This is lovely, playful and the production is quite interesting. Robot Vivi is great."

@send photo (8) — "I’m probably overscoring this a bit but it’s the first thing so far that isn’t putting me to sleep. Vivi’s impact!"

@yuuurei (8) — "Charming and sweet, I particularly like the chorus. It's familiar for some reason that I can't place. This song makes me think of bubble gum."

@ohaimanabu (8) — "Cute synthpop bop! A fave."

@eliminathan (8) — "The intro to this song is so nostalgic but I don't know what the music is reminding me of. Either way I love this song."

@GeiPanda (8) — "This is excellent. A G-Friend album track. Don't @ me, fake Buddies."

@mokimbird (7.5) — "I thought this was disappointingly plain at first, but it grew a lot on me once I saw its place within LOONA's entire discography. and those opening strings! be still my heart."

@ohnostalgia (7) — "The problem, I think, with the LOONA 1/3 mini is the hyper focus on pseudo-classical scoring. Do moments of gorgeous instrumentation flicker in and out of Love&Live? Absolutely. But we’ve covered this territory before and if you’re going to keep pushing the aesthetic you need to take it somewhere, anywhere new."

@Slice of Life (7) — "Lovelyz have called. They want their sound back. Kekeke. This is cute. Once again, the production is the best part of the song. I don't have a lot of feelings for this, sadly."

@ThighHighs (7) — "This is cute and I love the video."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (7) — "Very good introduction for the girls. The basses picked my interest. It's also a song that actually makes all their voices sound complementary."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "The way that the synth works with the vocal in the chorus is pretty nice, but the rest of the song doesn't hold my attention."

@Cotton Park (6) — "This sounds like something GFriend would slip into one of their EPs. In fact, I would have thought it was GFriend the first time it came up, but the obvious lack of that Eunha voice gives it away. Though, if you really squint you can almost see Yerin singing that endearing little last line."

@Ana Raquel (5) — "This is less hateful without the video. Still not enough for a high score."

@Petit nain des Îles (5) — "Surprisingly my least favorite song. I feel like the verses and the chorus don't belong together and come from different songs. I don't know, it just bugs me and the synths are a bit too much for me. Reminds me of really cheesy 80's French pop songs that have been played to death, so I might unfortunately be biased. The middle 8 is good though."

@ryjm (3) — "Cards on the table, 1/3’s concept just wasn’t really my thing. This is definitely the weakest title track out of all the sub-units. I appreciate the introduction of the somewhat absurd robot storyline (the beginning of what is an ever-increasingly complex and ridiculous mythology…that I totally live for) and ViVi played the role perfectly but the song doesn’t live up to be anywhere near as creative. The song is just safe, and in a catalogue of extraordinary songs, safe just doesn’t cut it, so it ranks very low on the list."

11. This is honestly ridiculous. Not only is it the best single from 1/3, solo included, but it's top 20 material, easily.

You disgust me all...

God, hopefully 'ViViD' is next...

ohaimanabu, Rem, codecat and 6 others like this.
  12. Oh wow.......

[​IMG]

ohaimanabu, Oleander, codecat and 4 others like this.
  13. [​IMG]
    Absolutely disgusted, anyone who gave this less than an 8 and put down Go Won's voice is a soulless monster and no I am not exaggerating.

Love&Live could have lasted longer than some of the remaining songs too, I'm not surprised at this point that the less impressive OEC album tracks are still in but Girl's Talk? Really? Unbelievable.

14. [​IMG]

DrinkMyTears, Oleander, Rem and 14 others like this.
  15. I feel like I better start writing out the commentary for the two songs I left as tba. So I don’t pull a @Slice of Life .

Oleander, Serg., Sanctuary and 3 others like this.
  16. this is a big one.

[​IMG]

Every day there's a flash of a rainbow in my heart
    This world without any color is boring
    Would you change it with your fingertips?
    Will a more vivid rainbow be okay?

[​IMG]

No.24
    ViViD

by LOOΠΔ / HeeJin

Score: 7.741

High scores: 10×11 (@enjoy, @Rainbow Trousers, @ohnostalgia, @RUNAWAY, @ddog, @yuuurei, @eccentricsimply, @soratami, @Oleander, @McQueer, @Cotton Park), 9.25×2 (@Love Deluxe, @vague), 9×4 (@Ana Raquel, @HappyBirthday, @Animalia, @Petit nain des Îles)
    Low scores: 3.25×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois), 4×1 (@askew), 5×2 (@Serg., @_hazzie_)
    My score: 9.25

5 ballots: No.19, 8.05 avg.
    10 ballots: No.21, 7.825 avg.
    15 ballots: No.17, 8.017 avg.
    20 ballots: No.16 (tied), 8.075 avg.
    25 ballots: No.17, 8.03 avg.
    30 ballots: No.19, 7.892 avg.
    35 ballots: No.21 (tied), 7.85 avg.
    40 ballots: No.20 (tied), 7.869 avg.
    45 ballots: No.23, 7.794 avg.
    50 ballots: No.22, 7.815 avg.
    54 ballots: No.24, 7.741 avg.

"ViViD" is HeeJin's debut single from her self-titled debut single album, released on October 5, 2016, and is also the very first release in the LOOΠΔ pre-debut project. The MV was shot in Paris, although, interestingly, not counting b-sides and lyric videos, "ViViD" is the only LOOΠΔ MV not to be directed by Digipedi. The song was written by MonoTree's Park Jiyeon and GDLO, arranged by MonoTree's G-High, and composed by MonoTree's G-High, and Choi Youngkyung.

Watching the "ViViD" MV back before starting this write-up, it's hard to believe that it's HeeJin's first ever video - and that she's only 15-years-old in it. She just oozes charisma and star power on a level that is hard to match, even for established stars. ODD EYE CIRCLE get a lot of credit for bringing much-needed hype and attention to LOOΠΔ - and rightfully so - but they wouldn't have been able to build that hype without the foundation that HeeJin laid with her debut.

@ohnostalgia (10) — "Okay confession: I totally forgot HeeJin. But! I atone! Her delivery on oh my god, yes; the sheer talent! I’m also known to love a jazzy k-bop, sue me."

@RUNAWAY (10) — "this song has never been really high on my list of best Loona songs, but I'm really falling in love with it lately. Heejin just sells the fuck out of this song."

@yuuurei (10) — "Super cute, quirky and catchy, and HeeJin's vocals are divine. Something about this song feels magical. If I'd been paying attention at the time this definitely would have sparked my interest in LOONA."

@eccentricsimply (10) — "I've honestly enjoyed this song from the moment I got into LOONA, and it remains in my top three favorite solo songs."

@McQueer (10) — "This quirky little song really was the perfect way to introduce the colorful loonaverse"

@Cotton Park (10) — "Nobody wants to go first, but someone had to do it. Heejin bravely steps into the sodium glow with an odd track that sounds more like an AKMU B-side than the first salvo of a company planning world domination. Using her approachable, perky appeal and expressive voice, she delivers one of the more memorable early LOONA offerings."

@Ana Raquel (9) — "Artistic."

@HappyBirthday (9) — "This should be insufferably twee, yet somehow HeeJin has charm to spare. A killer launching point."

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "Bouncy and addictively catchy piano riffs is makes it an instant fave. Probably one of the first tracks I remember hearing, before I ever realized how much attention they were getting. A bit surprised to learn that it's nowhere as popular as the following singles."

@codecat (8) — "ViViD is a cute little autumnal baguette&croissant "french" ditty that, even though it's well constructed and filled with the most iconic LOONA lines, is not as big as some other records - yet it was quite the sneaky way to begin this whole mess, wasn't it? I watched the video as I wrote this and looking back...oh my goodness, they were so rich - even from the beginning. Sis is out here wearing brands and playing with rabbits in these luxe rooms and even got two backup dancers!"

@mokimbird (8) — "nowhere near my favorite LOONA song, but it's a perfect opener - quirky instrumentation with a lot of attitude and character. Heejin crushes this in performance, too. I think it's clear why BBC chose her to open this entire project up."

@Remorque (8) — "I was ready to throw this the cinq points it deserves, but it fucking grew on me like a hangover and here we are... She actually gives us a nice little performance and seems to be living for the song. Surprisingly so am I, teebs."

@He (7.5) — "A great introduction to LOONA. Heejin was what, 15? She was a star already, and the chorus is so catchy."

@Slice of Life (7) — "Hmm, the early IU influences are very prominent here. It just needs... well, IU vocals. Kii. Plus points for this being a very distinctive debut song though."

@ThighHighs (7) — "Cute and quirky and generally pretty fun. She’s such a star, but the song isn’t quite as good as she is."

@eliminathan (6.5) — "I've been through plenty of different waves of feelings towards this song. On first listen I thought it was trite and annoying. Later on I began to appreciate that the vocals are actually pretty good especially for the first member. Her singing in this song is technically better than a large portion of the solo songs, especially in the bridge. However, with the arrival of yyxy's members, I've listened to this much less. Her singing tone is a bit too theatrical for my tastes even if she sings well."

@Vixen (6.5) — "The speak-singing is a tad tiresome at times, but it also works when I’m in the right mood. Instrumental-wise, I do think the jazzy undertones with that spasmy piano and deep saxophone makes for a very interesting and slightly quirky piece of music. My favorite part of the song is the pre-chorus, that’s the bit where Heejin ditches the speak-singing and go for a more standard approach of singing. Unfortunately, the chorus that follows is not as great, but it holds its own I guess.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Heejin has some issues with intonation and pitch which I initially thought were just the way she wanted to sing ‘ViViD’, but they’re still there nowadays. But still, her slides were pretty nice on the chorus!"

@ryjm (6) — "It’s fair to say HeeJin had quite a daunting task of spearheading what was an incredibly ambitious pre-debut project. It’s obvious why BBC chose her to be the first member, her star power is undeniable, the girl is a visual goddess and is clearly capable at pulling off any concept (rapper/ + + HeeJin is far superior to 1/3 HeeJin). Despite this, her actual single just doesn’t click with me, the song isn’t bad, there are some great quirky production flourishes and Hekki’s vocals are punctuated with so much character and personality (“oh my gawd yes” is iconique) but the song pales in comparison to the OEC/YYXY members’ solos."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "Solid start to the project I suppose. Nothing really endearing though, and definitely feels like someone creating something 'safe'."

@ohaimanabu (6) — "A bit corny and I can't say I enjoy the melody."

@GeiPanda (6) — "I loathe that weird noise at the very beginning - it sounds like an evil clown getting a colonoscopy (there's probably some Orbit out there with an explanation that this noise is the key to finding Heejin's mirror version who lives in the alternate shadow dimension populated by rabbits). The song overall is a bit annoying and all-over-the-place - I would never put this on if I was feeling any kind of anxiety - but it's also not the worst thing in the world."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (3.25) — "good vocals, boring song"

17. [​IMG]

18. [​IMG]

19. OKAY OKAY OKAY

I know most of us stan OEC far more than the other two subunits, but we really need to evict Puzzle now. It beating so many notable singles is a little too much.

20. Looks like you’re getting your wish.

[​IMG]

DrinkMyTears, Oleander, Rem and 12 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.