☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 40 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. He

He

UNCOVER? UNCOVER?!

Who hurt you, child?

Rem, DrinkMyTears, Oleander and 10 others like this.
  2. The said song

[​IMG]

soratami, Rem, Slice of Life and 8 others like this.
    Rem, Sanctuary, DrinkMyTears and 15 others like this.
  4. Uncover is going nowhere. It shall prevail!
    [​IMG]
    Odd Front can go though, we don't need a redundant remix taking up a spot in the Top 20.

Rem, DrinkMyTears, Oleander and 5 others like this.
  5. I’m sorry but UNCOVER?!?!!!1!?

The iconic bop that brought us this?!?

soratami, Rem, ThighHighs and 15 others like this.
  6. dddd that's one of my favorite tweets kii

Also, the fact that the OEC girls have choreographed it THEMSELVES

Their minds!!!
    This song!!!

'Odd Front' wishes it could do that...​

7. He

He

The Unconver disrespect is far too much. I’m glad it’s being put to rest. Keep the good job, REAL Orbits.

I bet they’ll betray me next though.

8. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The closer I get to you
    You quietly hide your trail
    The questions I never thought I'd know
    They keep growing

[​IMG]

No.23
    Puzzle

by LOOΠΔ / JinSoul & Choerry

Score: 7.787

High scores: 10×2 (@RUNAWAY, @Vixen), 9.5×4 (@Love Deluxe, @nikkysan, @yuuurei, @OspreyQueen), 9.25×2 (@PopZeitgeist, @DrinkMyTears), 9×6 (@Rainbow Trousers, @ohnostalgia, @Ana Raquel, @Mikl C, @soratami, @Petit nain des Îles)
    Low scores: 3×1 (@teerofinale), 4×1 (@Serg.), 5×1 (@Dangerous Maknae)
    My score: 7.25

5 ballots: No.28, 6.6 avg.
    10 ballots: No.28 (tied), 6.8 avg.
    15 ballots: No.26 (tied) 7.133 avg.
    20 ballots: No.25, 7.425 avg.
    25 ballots: No.26, 7.43 avg.
    30 ballots: No.25, 7.65 avg.
    35 ballots: No.24 (tied), 7.743 avg.
    40 ballots: No.22, 7.825 avg.
    45 ballots: No.22, 7.811 avg.
    50 ballots: No.24, 7.78 avg.
    54 ballots: No.23, 7.787 avg.

"Puzzle" is the b-side to Choerry's solo single album, released on July 28, 2017, and features vocals from JinSoul and Choerry. The song was written by MonoTree's G-High and Park Jiyeon; arranged and composed by Daniel "Obi" Klein, Charli Taft, and Andreas Oberg; and produced by Daniel "Obi" Klein.

In the description for the "Love Cherry Motion" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Despite featuring The Most Important Person in the Universe, Jung JinSoul, I never really listen to this much. I tend to get annoyed when songs with competent singers leave in the demo vocals, and this is one of those songs. Like, yes, Charli Taft, you sound lovely here, but I ain't listening to you right now, so gtfo.

@RUNAWAY (10) — "this funky bop is EVERYTHING. Jinsoul and Choerry's voices go so well together, and this song gives me everything I need. SO REAL SO GOOD."

@Vixen (10) — "This is one of their most underrated song ever. No one ever talks about it when they discuss their albumtracks, even though it’s actually superior to most of them, and in fact better than most solos. THERE, I SAID IT. It’s just so…breezy, chill and cool, if that makes sense? It’s very early 00s RnB isn’t it? Choerry and Jinsoul’s tones truly sell that one. I definitely would love to hear more of this from them.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Nothing too challenging here, but just an amazing showcase of how good Choerry’s tone can be when she does some more chill raspy notes."

@yuuurei (9.5) — "This is a groovy bop, both cute and cool. Choerry and JinSoul both have a lot of ... presence? and sound great together."

@ohnostalgia (9) — "Smooooooooooth."

@Ana Raquel (9) — "The only reason I'm not giving a 10 to it is that I feel like the chorus is missing something. Still amazing."

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "Oh, a darker vibe than some of the other girls so far. I'm obsessed with it. Very retro sounding, which is right up my alley. The break sounds oddly familiar. I don't know if it reminds me of 4minute, f(x) or anyone else? Help me."

@codecat (8.5) — "So so smooth. Again, a wondrous display of melody and chords, and while the big elements like the chorus and the nice koto or weird guitar or whatever are great, it's all about the subtle things, like their sensuous lower registers, which should be displayed more because they sound so gugugugood."

@eliminathan (8.5) — "A sexy bop and that's that on that."

@ryjm (8) — "This funky little bop is so damn fun and perfectly complements the title track, while it may not be as jaw-dropping in its experimentation, the track still hold sit’s own and once again shows how perfectly the OEC girls blend together. So real, so good…you said it girls."

@ohaimanabu (8) — "This one hits smooth."

@mokimbird (8) — "Choerry and Jinsoul play off each other really well, and there are a lot of neat details in the production that give this dimension and mystery. it does drag a little for my liking, though."

@Remorque (8) — "I'm loving the general attitude on display here. Choerry and especially JinSoul show that they've got it in them to give us C.U.N.T. in this 80s-inspired jam. It was another grower for me though, because previusly it had never been on my radar before..."

@GeiPanda (8) — "The breathy vocals are so great!"

@He (8) — "I love how cool this track sounds. Jinsoul sounds amazing and Choerry is dripping in confidence."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (7.5) — "My jam."

@Slice of Life (7) — "I don't return to this as often as the other OEC tracks. I still like it but Choerry and JinSoul's vocals don't mix that well, I think. JinSoul's "so goo-goo-good" is A Moment though."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "The unison sections in this just don't sound right."

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 25 others like this.
  9. YATHHHHHHHH

[​IMG]

Rem, Sanctuary, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  10. You're lucky you stan for Olivia now or else I'd go all alpha wolf on you.

[​IMG]

Did you say "Ulysses?"

[​IMG]

Don't say that name to me. Do you know how many novels I have read these past two semesters combined that were inspired by Ulysses? Too damn many! I haven't even read Ulysses in full and I am still being subjugated to stream of consciousness-fueled, neverending sentences.

In all seriousness, I know it is a very difficult novel but I feel like at this point I need to read it seeing as I have read so many books inspired by it. Maybe one day.

Rem, DrinkMyTears, evilsin and 11 others like this.
  11. Wow I can't believe @vague gave a "7.25" to Puzzle Jinsoul.... Disgusting...

flop stan...

Just... Disgusting...

Let me go give some more streams to 'Puzzle'....

Rem, evilsin, nikkysan and 12 others like this.
  12. [​IMG]

Rem, Sanctuary, DrinkMyTears and 9 others like this.
  13. [​IMG]

Rem, Sanctuary, codecat and 9 others like this.
  14. Why did I like the posts about wanting this one to go out next? I LOVE this song. Masochism soon at its finest.

Rem, codecat, evilsin and 10 others like this.
  15. i'm upset

[​IMG]

Time, engraved by a mysterious secret
    Where one minute is faster than one second
    Everything will happen
    Once I've crossed this sleepless night

[​IMG]

No.22
    알 수 없는 비밀 (Sonatine)

by LOOΠΔ 1/3

Score: 7.824

High scores: 10×16 (@codecat, @Rainbow Trousers, @RUNAWAY, @yourbetterknow, @HappyBirthday, @eccentricsimply, @Island, @eliminathan, @askew, @mokimbird, @Oleander, @Remorque, @aaronhansome, @He, @McQueer, @vague), 9.75×1 (@Love Deluxe), 9.5×2 (@yuuurei, @Kuhleezi), 9.25×1 (@BEST FICTION)
    Low scores: 3×2 (@Dangerous Maknae, @Vixen), 4×1 (@Hurricane Drunk), 5×6 (@Sanctuary, @Reboot, @Coming Century, @send photo, @soratami, @OspreyQueen)
    My score: 10

5 ballots: No.29, 6.5 avg.
    10 ballots: No.28 (tied), 6.8 avg.
    15 ballots: No.24, 7.4 avg.
    20 ballots: No.24, 7.613 avg.
    25 ballots: No.22, 7.75 avg.
    30 ballots: No.23, 7.783 avg.
    35 ballots: No.19, 7.957 avg.
    40 ballots: No.24, 7.713 avg.
    45 ballots: No.20, 7.878 avg.
    50 ballots: No.20, 7.92 avg.
    54 ballots: No.22, 7.824 avg.

"알 수 없는 비밀 (Sonatine)" (al su eomneun bimil; mysterious secret) is the lead single from LOOΠΔ 1/3's repackage mini-album, "Love&Evil", released on April 27, 2017. The music video was shot in Hong Kong at the same time as ViVi's "Everyday I need you" MV. The song was written by Noh Juhwan and SWEETCH, and arranged+composed by Meng-i, Noh Juhwan, and SWEETCH. Meng-i and SWEETCH also worked on the mini's intro track, "Love&Evil", while Noh Juhwan has worked extensively on GFRIEND tracks (TRUST, FALLING ASLEEP AGAIN, Time for the moon night, Bye, and Love In The Air).

In the description for its MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Waow, sixteen 10s and this still didn't crack the top twenty??? Mess. I'm glad 1/3's best song is the last one standing, even though it deserved to do way fuckin' better. ViVi's single, "Everyday I love you (feat. HaSeul)", is the last 1/3 track left in the rate, so let's hope she can hold on to her spot a little while longer.

But anyway, this is such a gorgeous wintry tango. It always blows my mind that this actually came out at the end of April when it's nearly 90°F here every day, 'cause this has such a chilly vibe to it. It's an impeccable song, just gorgeous in every way.

@codecat (10) — "A ballad for the books. I haven't listened to anything like this EVER in my entire existence. THERE ARE NO FUCKING DRUMS IN THIS SONG. NO DRUMS!!! IT HAS A TANGO BREAKDOWN! WHERE HAVE Y'ALL LISTENED TO SOMETHING SO EXQUISITE AND BRILLIANT AND OUTSTANDING LIKE THIS??!?!?! I get chills listening to it + it's a constant presence in my life when it's cold outside (preferably with a nice mug of hot cocoa). The amount of intricate strings in Sonatine just leaves me breathless, and the beautiful, simple things like the choreo and and the video just elevate it even further. This is the best 1/3 song and easily one of their best songs overall - if I had a third 11, Sonatine would get it."

@RUNAWAY (10) — "I almost gave this song my 11. It was between this, Sweet Crazy Love, Love Cherry Motion, and the song I eventually picked. This song is absolutely incredible to me, and it just gets better every time I listen to it. THAT TANGO. THOSE STRINGS. VOCALS! EMOTIONS!! DRAMA!!!"

@HappyBirthday (10) — "Odd comparison, but this reminds me of Girls Aloud’s Whole Lotta History. The overall feel is a ballad, but the structure is so weird. Love."

@eccentricsimply (10) — "This song is absolutely GORGEOUS."

@eliminathan (10) — "Just impeccable honestly."

@mokimbird (10) — "OOOOOHHH. where do i even start. Hyunjin's iconic opening. the harmonies on the chorus. the DANCE BREAK. this drips with atmosphere and mystery in a way that almost nothing i've heard in K-pop has. it feels like a companion piece to Let Me In, maintaining the strengths of that song's composition while building on it with creative ambition and thematic intensity. we'd know soon enough that Eclipse would take us into a new chapter, but this was probably the beginning of that turning point, and boy does it deliver."

@Remorque (10) — "I don't know why I disliked this so much back in the day... I mean... It has a fucking ACCORDEON BREAKDOWN in the middle of the song. The girls sound lovely and I love the video too. I stan."

@He (10) — "A MOMENT. Peak 1/3. This song lives in the same soundscape as Let Me In, but it goes even further with the interesting progression. Adding instruments, and then having that tango break, phew, talent. The girls do well enough here working with such a special track. It gives me Ghibli vibes."

@yuuurei (9.5) — "I like this a lot, it's a bit whimsical and romantic. Just a pleasant little tune."

@teerofinale (9) — "This song REALLLY grew on me, and for the better! The whole anticipation and rising tempo of this song is what makes it an interesting take on a ballad. By far my favorite ballad ever by LOOΠΔ"

@ohnostalgia (9) — "The grandiosity snuck up on me, but I’m glad it did."

@Slice of Life (8.5) — "Okay, this is great. Much, much better than their first single. I love how emotional this sounds. It's almost a ballad. It's produced to the nines too."

@Ana Raquel (8) — "Not the style of music I usually listen to but I really dig it."

@ThighHighs (7.5) — "I previously had thought this was a bit too precious, but I like it more now that I’m hearing it again. It does build up well, but it’s could have used some sort of melodic change-up before the end."

@ohaimanabu (7) — "I appreciate the orchestration and vocals saving this track from being an average midtempo."

@Petit nain des Îles (7) — "A bit bland but there are a few curveballs chord progression wise that make me rate it higher. The slight genre switch up with the use of an accordion is quite welcome as well."

@Cotton Park (7) — "Beautiful song, and I know it's a KPJ fave but I want to like it more than I do."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (6.5) — "I actually like this song for what it is. It's just not pushing any new boundaries."

@ryjm (6) — "Sonatine is a beautiful and stunning piece; this is probably the best 1/3 has ever sounded and their most experimental track as a unit. I truly appreciate the incredibly bizarre and unique song structure (that tango-esque breakdown, werk!). The soundscape is so incredibly lush and layered; continuously building and building, adding a plethora of instruments to the point that it’s borderline overwhelming in its complexity. A fascinating listen that never gets old."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "I listen to this and it always seems to be building up, but I keep thinking I've missed the pay-off."

@GeiPanda (6) — "I already mentioned this in the SOTY rate, but this track bugs me out. It sounds like we are entering halfway through a musical, and this song is a reprise of something that came before. For that reason, I can't really get into it. It feels incomplete."

@Vixen (3) — "Oh my god, I’m so random, I can’t believe I did that…. Did I really just give the overrated fan-favorite ‘Sonatine’ a three? … Maybe I did. But this is NOT trolling. I genuinely hate the song, and it’s not helped by the constant praise it gets from the fandom. So I’ll explain why I hate it. Well, first there’s almost no melody whatsoever. But the vocals on this are genuinely awful at times. Haseul sounds her most tight, nasally and airy ever on this. Hyunjin is literally just whispering on this. God knows what ViVi does on this. Even Heejin sounds basic and actually FLAT at times on this?

But it’s not all bad either. Here a few of good points of the song : the slight Tango-music intersection of the song is a cute girl. And I also like how there’s a fakeout at the end of the song that actually leads to a 2nd bridge. So points for that, I guess.

They still sound absolutely awful, though." (i have to laugh dot jif)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 23 others like this.
  16. OEC akgaes are the worst.

17. It's what you deserve.

ryjm, yuuurei and vague like this.
  18. [​IMG]

19. I don't really know what's left really dddd, but like that, on the top of my head, "D-1" should probably leave. It's perfectly cute and good, and all that, but we're in the top 25, close to 20, so it feels appropriate.

Oh and 'Loonatic' and 'Chaotic'.

yourbetterknow and vague like this.
  20. Girl front isn't even that good for there to be two versions of it still here while people are fine that 1/3s best song is out.

[​IMG]

Island, Rem, codecat and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.