☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 41 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. vague and eliminathan like this.
  2. She's still here so I guess my score wasn't low enough.

[​IMG]

Rem, codecat, junglefish and 3 others like this.

3. [​IMG]

You appear and disappear repeatedly
    You leave me so weak, where are you going?
    Where have you been?
    I'm like see saw

[​IMG]

No.21
    See Saw (feat. Kim Lip)

by LOOΠΔ / Chuu & Go Won

Score: 7.833

High scores: 10×8 (@Sanctuary, @RUNAWAY, @Slice of Life, @eliminathan, @Vixen, @Oleander, @He, @Petit nain des Îles), 9.5×4 (@Serg., @yuuurei, @mokimbird, @Charles Vingt-†rois), 9.25×1 (@PopZeitgeist)
    Low scores: 1×1 (@Rainbow Trousers), 5×2 (@Dangerous Maknae, @Coming Century), 6×6 (@enjoy, @ohnostalgia, @Ana Raquel, @HappyBirthday, @ohaimanabu, @Mikl C)
    My score: 8.75

5 ballots: No.18, 8.1 avg.
    10 ballots: No.24, 7.7 avg.
    15 ballots: No.25, 7.233 avg.
    20 ballots: No.27, 7.325 avg.
    25 ballots: No.27, 7.42 avg.
    30 ballots: No.27, 7.55 avg.
    35 ballots: No.27, 7.557 avg.
    40 ballots: No.26, 7.613 avg.
    45 ballots: No.25, 7.722 avg.
    50 ballots: No.23, 7.79 avg.
    54 ballots: No.21, 7.833 avg.

"See Saw (feat. Kim Lip)" is the b-side to Go Won's solo single album, released on January 30, 2018, and features vocals from Chuu, Go Won, and (briefly) Kim Lip. A short MV for the song has been shown at CINEMA THEORY events, but has yet to make its way online in decent quality. The song was written and produced by moonc, who also co-arranged and co-composed it with Rhozyk. The only credits I could find for either of them is ... this song ddd.

In the description for the "One&Only" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Not Kim Lip stealing the spotlight with two lines. Queen. This is a cute song, but the fact it outlasted "Sonatine" makes me wish I'd given this, like, a 6 instead ddd.

@RUNAWAY (10) — "Go Won's rapping in this song is my favorite part. I really do love her voice and this song is perfect." (wait there's a rap in this??)

@Slice of Life (10) — "CHUU. OH MY FUCKING GOD. CHUU JUST HAD TO SNAP ON SOMEONE ELSE'S ALBUM HUH. THIS INCONSIDERATE PENGUIN. No, but really. Chuu fucking snatched my wig clean here. I hate her. And Go Won was actually utilized really well here. She doesn't sound as annoying. And Miss Kimberly Chadwick Lippington's 10-second cameo??? Iconique."

@eliminathan (10) — "I would say this duet is on par with Love Letter as being the best but for some reason they decided it shouldn't be a duet just so that they can add "It's been a looooong loooOOoOooong daaay." So I'll just say this is the best song from a trio and OEC is quaking."

@Vixen (10) — "This was one of my favorite b-sides when I first discovered them, it’s pretty instant. It’s just so freaking luxurious, and God does Chuu sounds absolutely amazing on this. Her tone is just like honey on this. Very creamy, silky. The production is fairly simple, yet so lush. And can we talk about the absolute poesy of “Which is right, I see or saw you? Which is right, I love or loved you” … Wow… Shakespear truly found in a ditch, and rightfully so… I guess I can admit that the “Oh oh Oh oh Oh Oh Oh, up and down, I’m like see saw” can be a little too repetitive and tiring, but I just think it’s such a great song nonetheless.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Chuu does a pretty decent Eb5 on the climax of the song, but it does feel just so slightly underwhelming. Vocally it’s great, but considering what we know now and what she did on ‘Hi High’, I do think there was potential for a much more climatic note right there. The rest of Chuu’s ad-libs are some very heady C#5/D5, not her best, but serviceable. And I won’t comment on Kim Lip’s single line because… yeah. That was really not IT, Kimberly!" (excuse you, she's got two lines back to back thank u)

@Oleander (10) — "Interior: Some formerly abandoned castle somewhere in the outskirts of the suburban culdesac of Budapest. The former 13th member of LOONA (aka God from the love4eva video and not that Yujin girl that only @Seger stans for), who was eventually replaced by Serena Williams as the 13th member, sits at a desk with a clipboard in hand, writing notes and waiting for someone to come in.

*Footsteps can be heard getting closer as God suddenly raises her head."

Ah. You're late. Please come in girls.

*Chuuline Dion quickly walks in with Kim Lippossible and Lady GoGo following closely behind.*

Now, girls. I know the reception to your collaboration hasn't been the best. Now as Ms. Kim Jiwoo can tell you, normally I would agree with giving harsh criticism and being as tough on you as possible. However, I'm not going to do that. I called you all in tell you to forget the tasteless haters because See Saw is a masterpiece and you should all be proud of yourselves for inventing iconic trios. All of you rocked the hell out of the song. Ms. Won, I mean Ms. Oh My Go Won, I apologize for not using the name you created for yourself. Your spoken bits in this song are epically icy and distant but full of a level of wisdom that is beyond your years and dare I say still imbued with emotion? Then you take that feeling of emotional tenderness even further when you decide to actually sing. But your clear highlight in this song is the moment you deliver the words we should all live by...."Which is right? I see or saw you. Which is right? I love or loved you?" Stunning. Now Ms. RRRRRRRRR Chuu Ready for Lesbian Jesus, you really help show how mature this song is with your brilliant vocals. See Saw might be an activity little kids partake in but with those soulful vocals full of yearning, you show us that this song is not kids play. You might be borderline taking over the whole song but I'm not mad at that because with a voice like that, it's be a crime to not hear as much of it as possible. And lastly, Ms. Kim Lips (deoldeoldeoldeol) Eyes (deoldeoldeoldeol) and Nose (deoldeoldeoldeol). You are the one who receives the most hate for this song because of those tasteless little heathens who dare say you sound nasally on this song. Well, they're not wrong about that but the fact they use that as an insult is wrong because you sound incredible on this track for all 0.5 seconds that you appear on it. They're just jealous that they can never compete with you and that powerful voice of yours. So remember girls, don't listen to the critics. They're never right. You are all dismissed." (this is just too fucking much)

@He (10) — "Maybe my favorite b-side. But ugh this is amazingly gorgeous: Chuu gives you delicate and powerful vocals; Go Won serves chrunchiness in spades (I love her straining / raspy verses); and Lip brings three of the most deliciously delivered lines in a feature, full of heavenly nasal goodness. One of LOONA’s best."

@Petit nain des Îles (10) — "One of those cases where the bside is absolutely superior to the single. Kim Lip is a treasure so having her feature on it was always going to make me swoon. I'm blushing. I love how the drums only come in at the first minute mark, the build up is especially great. The second verse is... whew."

@yuuurei (9.5) — "A very unique and interesting track, a little moody and wistful. It's beautiful tbh. I especially love that "which is right ..." part. The only thing I don't understand is why Kim Lip is featured with just two lines? Either give her a bigger part or just don't put her in the song, it makes no sense. But a great song regardless."

@mokimbird (9.5) — "talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, etc etc. everybody sounds sick on this - surprisingly Go Won is the MVP here, bringing an unpolished and raspy tone that neither Kim Lip or Chuu do - and the wordplay on "see/saw you" is incredible."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (9.5) — "This doesn't get a 10 because of Kim Lip."

@Empty Shoebox (9) — "This works well. Probably because of Chuu. I don't think the song is great, but I think the performers do a good job of raising it up."

@eccentricsimply (9) — "To compensate for the terrible title, at least Miss GoWon got one of their best b-sides."

@GeiPanda (9) — "Kim Lip's nasal explosion on her two lines makes this instantly iconic. I'll know I've met the love of my life when they sing those words to me as nasally as she does."

@ryjm (8) — "Love Letter’s sequel, this song is gorgeous. Kii at Chuu absolutely dominating on this track even though it’s not her b-side, queen of stealing the limelight and getting her vocal time. Ms. Kimberly Lippington needing only two lines to slay is a testimony to her star power. Come through mystical owl."

@codecat (7.5) — "The field of linguistics and double entendres has never been the same after See Saw. I see you, I saw you. That's right. Nabokov found quaking."

@Remorque (7.5) — "This is a nice little slow jam. Chuu showing off her chops again, while Go Won gives us a great performance where she does that rap-singing she's so good at. The production's typical LOONA, but... What the fuck was the point of having Kim Lip feature for one fucking line?"

@McQueer (7.5) — "This is a perfectly fine song but seriously overrated around here."

@ohnostalgia (6) — "They really saved Go Won’s budget for Olivia, didn’t they? Rude."

@Ana Raquel (6) — "Kinda Meh."

@HappyBirthday (6) —
    (thatwasaclassic.gif)

@ohaimanabu (6) — "Okay this one's a bit corny lol."

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 26 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]

these have been fun to do, but this will be the last teaser. i think going into the top 20 blind will be a lot more fun for you guys.

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 19 others like this.
  5. ☽ TOP 20 ☾

[​IMG]
    Everyday I love you (feat. HaSeul)

[​IMG]
    Eclipse
    Singing in the Rain
    Love Letter
    Love Cherry Motion
    Girl Front
    LOONATIC
    Chaotic
    Sweet Crazy Love
    Uncover
    ODD Front

[​IMG]
    new
    D-1
    Heart Attack
    Girl's Talk
    Egoist (feat. JinSoul)
    Rosy (feat. HeeJin)
    love4eva (feat. Grimes)
    frozen

[​IMG]
    favOriTe

ddd i keep meaning to change the ugly yyxy gradiant but i never have the time sorry

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 21 others like this.
  6. LOONA 1/3 in this rate
    [​IMG]

soratami, Rem, Sanctuary and 12 others like this.
  7. WHAT THE FUCK???

SEE SAW IS BETTER THAN AT LEAST ODD FRONT, LOONATIC, CHAOTIC, UNCOVER, D-1, GIRL'S TALK AND ROSY.

WHAT THE FUCK???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rem, Sanctuary, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  8. How the fuck did 'See Saw' flopped, what?!?!

I demand that we count the scores again.

It's just... impossible.

Rem, Sanctuary, He and 10 others like this.
  9. YOU should probably leave!
    Wait WHAT?!
    scream2.gif

Rem, codecat, DrinkMyTears and 12 others like this.
  10. OEC stans, yyxy stans, and troll voters in this thread :
    [​IMG]

Rem, yourbetterknow, codecat and 14 others like this.
  11. At least 'See Saw' brought us @Oleander's most iconic commentary yet... When will your uninspiring faves?

Rem, DrinkMyTears, evilsin and 12 others like this.
  12. oh, yeah, i forgot to mention...

at least one more person will be losing their 11 tomorrow.

Rem, aaronhansome, codecat and 16 others like this.
  13. probably me since i might be the only person who thought ODD front was a nice recut based on some comments here dkjfhd

Oleander, Kuhleezi, vague and 3 others like this.
  14. I'm honestly SHOCKED, though.

I really thought that one was a shoe-in for the top 20. It's one of the solo b-sides people talk the most about along with 'Rosy' and 'Love Letter'. Whereas, I could kind of see most of them that left earlier leave at that point anyway (even 'Puzzle' who I've championed a lot here). But 'See Saw'? Clearly the haters remained quiet...

And I'm genuinely surprised 'D-1' and 'Girls Talk' beat that one too. I gave both those songs great scores, so it's not even that I'm mad about it, it's really that I never expected it from what I've read in the LOONA thread.

Rem, evilsin, nikkysan and 11 others like this.
  15. I'm losing all my 9.25 s !!!!

soratami, Rem, codecat and 9 others like this.
  16. I can't believe that uneventful Vivi single is what we collectively consider the single best piece of work from 1/3. Y'all trash and that's that.

Rem, codecat, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]

soratami, Rem, Slice of Life and 12 others like this.
  18. [​IMG]

Rem, evilsin, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  19. I HATE YOU OH MY GOD.

Rem, DrinkMyTears, evilsin and 11 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.