☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. I'm a gif maker now unnie, she's versatile!

Rem, HappyBirthday, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  2. Me trying to keep up with the rate every morning
    [​IMG]
    Me liking post randomly, because I'm not understanding what is going on anymore
    [​IMG]

Rem, Cotton Park, Oleander and 12 others like this.
  3. Wait Frozen is still in????? Easily the worst song left.

vague and codecat like this.
  4. How do you do this? A girl wants to learn.

Rem, Oleander, vague and 5 others like this.
  5. It's unfortunate that it couldn't reach the top 10 like it deserved, but I'm not even sulky about Sonatine leaving us already. Those sixteen 10s and other high scores just come to confirm that Sonatine is indeed that bicht, and will forever remain a wonderful, beautifully sung FAN FAVORITE classic in their discography. And ODD Front can fuck right off this rate already.

Rem, Oleander, vague and 4 others like this.
  6. I can teach you, but I charge by the hour xoxoxo.

[​IMG]

(All jokes aside, PM me if you want to learn).

xx

Rem, Oleander, vague and 10 others like this.
  7. Unnie, please make a LOONA version of "the girls are fighting" gif please juseyo. ♡

8. I just used this. Go forth and spread the LOOΠΔ gospel unnie.

Oleander, vague, Vixen and 3 others like this.
  9. Ezgif is also really simple for new gif makers. I do more complicated stuff in photoshop though. Not that I make many gifs these days.

10. I also use ezgif, it's got pretty decent tools for making simple gifs!

This thread is an absolute riot, you're all completely insane.

Rem, Oleander, Kuhleezi and 8 others like this.
  11. DON'T MAKE ME REGRET IT!!!!!!!

Oleander, vague and Vixen like this.
  12. y'all ready to eliminate another solo song?​

[​IMG]

The moonlight is getting heavier with time
    And the flow of time has changed
    Give me more messages now
    Tell me before the time out

[​IMG]

No.20
    D-1

by LOOΠΔ / Yves

Score: 7.894

High scores: 10×4 (@enjoy, @RUNAWAY, @yuuurei, @McQueer), 9.5×2 (@Oleander, @Petit nain des Îles), 9.25×1 (@eliminathan), 9×8 (@PopZeitgeist, @teerofinale, @Rainbow Trousers, @Love Deluxe, @ohaimanabu, @Island, @soratami, @Animalia)
    Low scores: 5.5×1 (@Kuhleezi), 6×3 (@HappyBirthday, @Mikl C, @askew)
    My score: 8.5

5 ballots: No. 16, 8.3 avg.
    10 ballots: No.15, 8.3 avg.
    15 ballots: No.13, 8.367 avg.
    20 ballots: No.14, 8.2 avg.
    25 ballots: No.18, 8.02 avg.
    30 ballots: No.17, 7.983 avg.
    35 ballots: No.17, 8.007 avg.
    40 ballots: No.19, 7.956 avg.
    45 ballots: No.21, 7.861 avg.
    50 ballots: No.21, 7.875 avg.
    54 ballots: No.20, 7.894 avg.

"D-1" is the b-side to Yves' solo single album, released on November 28, 2017, making Yves one of only three members to receive a solo song as her b-side. The song was written and arranged by MonoTree's G-High, and composed by MonoTree's G-High and Choi Youngkyung. G-High has worked extensively on LOOΠΔ's discography, but also has credits on LADIES' CODE's "Jane Doe", S.E.S' "Birthday", APRIL's "WOW", and PRISTIN's "WE ARE PRISTIN". Choi Youngkyung, besides her work with LOOΠΔ, is known for LADIES' CODE's "GALAXY", CLC's "Refresh", and ELRIS' "Wonderland Girl".

In the description for the "new" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    This sounds so luxurious and decadent. It reminds me of that feel of just lounging in a bubble bath with a face mask on, sipping champagne in song form. Not that I'd know what that's like ddd, but that's what I imagine while listening to this.

@RUNAWAY (10) — "HOW U LIKE ME NOW? this song is French pop perfection."

@yuuurei (10) — "So atmospheric, sparkly and smooth, I adore this track. Yves' voice shows a nice amount of range here as well."

@Oleander (9.5) — "Apparently, this song is reminiscent of early 2000’s French pop music but I am not familiar with that style. What I do know is this song fucking knocks. Maybe Island, Vixen, etc… can confirm if that French connection the song supposedly has is true. I don’t know how many people saw Umu’s (from Classical Musicians React) reaction to Yves but she loved this way more than New which redeemed her in my eyes, tbh."

@Petit nain des Îles (9.5) — "She can do everything. Slay me queen."

@eliminathan (9.25) — "It really sounds like Kim Lip is singing this, the voice is just so completely different to 'new'. Queen of vocal mimicry we stan a lyrebird legend."

@teerofinale (9) — "I really slept on this song! It wasn’t until almost 6 months after its release that I fell in love with this song! I love the dreamlike vibes this song gives which is unusual for me since I don’t tend to like these kind of mellow songs!"

@ohaimanabu (9) — "Okay but a lap dance theme song."

@codecat (8.5) — "Versatile vocal queen Yves just won't let up with her rapid-fire high notes and soothing low ones! Chuu and Haseul found rotting. This one (and Twilight) makes me crave for a subunit with lots of laid back groovy tracks."

@ohnostalgia (8.5) — "Ugh, Yves is such a star."

@Slice of Life (8.5) — "This has such a Gain album track vibe to it and I stan it for that. It's melancholy but not sickeningly so. It's sexy. It's lowkey but isn't lifeless. Stunna."

@ryjm (8) — "This dreamy French funk (according to BBC) song is the polar opposite of new, whereas the title track was quite atmospheric and moody, D-1 (I still don’t get what the title is meant to mean) is refreshingly light and airy, giving Yves the space to show of her vocal prowess."

@He (8) — "This song is great but I never go back to it? A bit of an injustice. Going after new is always a tall order, especially if you have new in repeat. Yves sounds lovely, but a bit like doing her best OEC impression, and raps too? I really had forgotten this."

@Vixen (7.5) — "Being French, I’m still not sure if D-1 is really “(current) French-pop”, but I guess it does have a slight late 90s, early 00s French starlet vibe to it at times. I used to like it a lot when I first discovered it, but I do think they’ve released better material since then and that I grew a little bit tired of it. It’s still a pretty nice song, though.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: That’s exactly what I mean when I say that Yves totally becomes faceless/color-less when she ascends into her higher register. At times, I feel like this sounds like Kim Lip, and at times I just don’t feel like it sounds like Yves at all. Either way, it’s not the most challenging song vocally, and it’s meant to be very airy I think, so eh."

@Ana Raquel (7) — "Weak compared to new."

@Empty Shoebox (7) — "Every time I've listened to this, I've come up with a different score. Why? Who knows? Anyone want to guess?"

@GeiPanda (7) — "The song is a bit lifeless, but it's not horrible."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (7) — "It's just a shame that this song doesn't sound specific to Yves."

@mokimbird (6.5) — "as much as i appreciate this song's willingness to hang out and chill, it doesn't really ever grow into anything memorable. it feels like a prelude to bigger things, and maybe that's okay."

@Remorque (6.5) — "Unlike some of their other more sultry tracks this one hasn't exactly grown on me all that much... I love Yves' performance, but the rest is just a bit... meh for me, I'm afraid. The fact that its A-side is fucking perfection probably hasn't done it any favours either..."

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 25 others like this.
  13. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought Yves sounded a little bit like Kim Lip at times on "D-1".

I think it was the right time for it to go.

Hopefully some OEC songs next...

14. I saw the "new" gif first and almost had a heart attack.

Rem, evilsin, Oleander and 10 others like this.
  15. Yves is my favorite LOONA member by far but yeah, I'm not mad at D-1 leaving. It's a perfectly fine song, just nowhere near as good as some of the group's other b-sides.

16. Why do you people hate true talent and charisma may I ask? This should have been in the top 10. I love all the commentary stating it doesn't sound like Yves, since clearly it does sound like Yves because she's the one singing it, you fake intellectuals.

Okay, I'm fine now. But if some OEC songs don't start biting the dust soon, I've had it with you akgae fucks.

Rem, nikkysan, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  17. Before Girls Talk??

Rem, Cotton Park, Oleander and 10 others like this.
  18. Rightfully so (even though I gave them the same score dd.)
    [​IMG]

Rem, PopZeitgeist, nikkysan and 12 others like this.
  19. God I keep forgetting that hideous mess is still in here too, what the hell.

vague likes this.
  20. Well I mean if we’re talking B- sides and album tracks I don’t think any of these deserve a place over See Saw except for maybe Love Letter and yet here we are.

Oleander, He, Sanctuary and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.