☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Can we stop trying to silence and kick "Lesbians Talk" pls..........

PopZeitgeist and Kuhleezi like this.
  2. this subforum sleeping on quality content

[​IMG]

soratami, Rem, PopZeitgeist and 13 others like this.
  3. Odd Front is still in

[​IMG]

Rem, PopZeitgeist, nikkysan and 11 others like this.
  4. Lesbians talk about boys, aka homophobia, you mean?

5. time to say goodbye to our second 11 . . .

actually, from this point on, we'll be saying goodbye to at least one 11 every day . . .

but what's getting eliminated right now?

[​IMG]

Left in an endless place
    With just the two of us
    Memories that won’t fade
    Oh, last night I didn't want to wake up all night

[​IMG]

No.19
    ODD Front

by LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE

Score: 8.079

High scores: 11×1 (@ohaimanabu), 10×8 (@BEST FICTION, @clowezra, @askew, @Remorque, @aaronhansome, @McQueer, @_hazzie_, @Cotton Park), 9.5×4 (@ohnostalgia, @Slice of Life, @DrinkMyTears, @Petit nain des Îles)
    Low scores: 3×1 (@Coming Century), 3.5×1 (@Serg.), 4×1 (@Sanctuary)
    My score: 8.5

5 ballots: No.27, 6.8 avg.
    10 ballots: No.25, 7.55 avg.
    15 ballots: No.26 (tied), 7.133 avg.
    20 ballots: No.26, 7.363 avg.
    25 ballots: No.25, 7.57 avg.
    30 ballots: No.22, 7.792 avg.
    35 ballots: No.21 (tied), 7.85 avg.
    40 ballots: No. 20 (tied), 7.869 avg.
    45 ballots: No.19, 7.917 avg.
    50 ballots: No.19, 8.005 avg.
    54 ballots: No.19, 8.079 avg.

"ODD Front" is the eighth track on LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE's repackage mini-album, "Max&Match", released on October 31, 2017, and is a remix/mash-up of their debut single, "Girl Front", and the intro track, "ODD", from their first mini-album. It was written by Jaden Jeong as well as MonoTree's Hwang Hyun and Park Jiyeon, and arranged+composed by Ollipop and Hayley Aitken. Jaden Jeong, as you probably know, is the mastermind behind the whole LOOΠΔ project, and has also written the lyrics for "Girl Front", "new", "Egoist", "love4eva", "favOriTe", "Hi High", and "Perfect Love".

In the description for the "Sweet Crazy Love" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    I love "ODD" and I love "Girl Front", and I even enjoy them mashed together here, but as good as this remix is, I'll always seek out the original "Girl Front" to listen to first and foremost.

@ohaimanabu (11) — "This was what I needed when I first heard the ODD intro. A definitive track right here."

@Remorque (10) — "I'm sorry, but I'm fucking living for this as much as I live for Girl Front. It's just a bit star-ier, I guess? And that last chorus snapped'T."

@Cotton Park (10) — "I actually like this more than the Girl Front. But they're both iconic."

@ohnostalgia (9.5) — "Remix Queens."

@Slice of Life (9.5) — "It hurts that I can't give this a 10 because I do love this so much. I just don't think it's ""right"" to give this a 10 since I already gave that score to the original. Still, I won't argue of this ends up crashing the top 10 ddddd."

@Petit nain des Îles (9.5) — "A remix? I think I might prefer it to Girl Front."

@codecat (9) — "It's amazing how ODD and Girl Front go well together. My favorite things about this new rendition are the submarine bass and the twinkly arpeggios throughout, but as much as I appreciate the dreamy atmosphere, it does lack bite in comparison to the original."

@Ana Raquel (9) — "Slightly less iconic than Girl Front."

@Empty Shoebox (8) — "Of course, as a simplification, this track doesn't punch as hard as the original."

@eliminathan (8) — "There's not enough different about the song for me to give it a different score, like it starts off as ODD but then just ends up being Girl front because ODD already has the Girl front melody in it."

@He (8) — "A nice remix of an already perfect song. I especially like the claps in the drop. They’re a bit eerie."

@RUNAWAY (7.5) — "this takes Girl Front to a different level that I appreciate, but it's still not there for me."

@ryjm (7) — "Essentially just a remix, I appreciate that we got the full song after it was used as an intro. The mood of the song is given an overhaul thanks to some production changes but I can’t rate it too highly as it’s just a re-hash of what was already a pretty perfect song."

@yuuurei (7) — "Still a hot mess and I just can't get into it but I think this version is a little bit more polished than Girl Front."

@Vixen (7) — "I do think this makes for a little spookier version of the original song, and adds a little mysterious ‘OEC’ Goddesses flair to it, but I think in the end, it’s inferior to the original who just goes off a bit better."

@GeiPanda (7) — "Reductive, and shame that this instrumental is wasted on a potentially amazing new song!"

@mokimbird (6.5) — "feels weirdly disembodied. the energy of the instrumental and the vocals doesn't ever quite mesh."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (6.5) — "a nice bonus, I wouldn't have needed a studio version had they toured the mini and performed this as an encore."

@HappyBirthday (6) — "It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out the synth was from the ODD intro."

@eccentricsimply (5) — "Eh, kinda ruined the song to me."

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 26 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

Rem, PopZeitgeist, nikkysan and 17 others like this.
  7. HA!!! ODD Front is finally dead!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soratami, Rem, PopZeitgeist and 17 others like this.
  8. Don't even try it!

Anyway, I maintain that ODD Front sounds better than Girl Front but either way I'm glad one of them has left us. Sorry @ohaimanabu.

9. He

He

SEE SAW OUT?

MAYBE THEIR BEST B-SIDE?

UGH....

Rem, junglefish, Oleander and 6 others like this.
  10. It's because Yves has a French boy name, so Chuu is teasing her girlfriend with that...............................

Rem, nikkysan, junglefish and 7 others like this.
  11. I've spotted negative comments about Girl's Talk and I wanna FIGHT

12. last one for today . . .

[​IMG]

The tip of my tongue tastes sweet
    Whenever I say your name
    Typical conversations and my tiny feelings
    I keep talking about them, about you

[​IMG]

No.18
    Girl's Talk

by LOOΠΔ / Yves & Chuu

Score: 8.093

High scores: 10×7 (@Sanctuary, @enjoy, @Coming Century, @Vixen, @Animalia, @OspreyQueen, @Cotton Park), 9.75×1 (@eliminathan), 9.5×2 (@PopZeitgeist, @Petit nain des Îles), 9.25×1 (@BEST FICTION)
    Low scores: 2×1 (@yuuurei), 4×1 (@Serg.), 5×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois)
    My score: 7.5

5 ballots: No.23, 7.6 avg.
    10 ballots: No.19, 7.9 avg.
    15 ballots: No.23, 7.767 avg.
    20 ballots: No.22 (tied), 7.875 avg.
    25 ballots: No.20, 7.9 avg.
    30 ballots: No.21, 7.808 avg.
    35 ballots: No.20, 7.857 avg.
    40 ballots: No.18, 8.038 avg.
    45 ballots: No.18, 8.011 avg.
    50 ballots: No.18, 8.07 avg.
    54 ballots: No.18, 8.093 avg.

"Girl's Talk" is the b-side to Chuu's solo single album, released on December 28, 2017, and features vocals from Yves and Chuu. The song was written and composed by MonoTree's G-High and Son Goeun, and arranged solely by G-High.

In the description for the "Heart Attack" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    This song is ... fine, I guess. It's cute or w/e and they both sound great, but really? Giving this song to the lesbians is not cute. I made the cover as gay as possible to cancel out a bit of the heteronormativity (is that a word?) of the song.

@Vixen (10) — "Whew, the lesbians truly did it again, huh… I’m glad we can always count on them to deliver quality music, xoxo. I don’t even know how to describe the sound of this. It’s a bit “lounge-y” I guess, no? I mean this in a good way, obviously. The synths on this are amazing, as always per LOONA songs, but I’ve got to admit that the altered (reverbed?) guitar just before the chorus sounds so fucking crunchy, I love it.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Again, for the billionth time ddd, Yves totally loses the color of her voice when she goes even just slightly high. And it’s even more obvious when she’s placed beside Chuu who, even regardless of the range or vocal prowess, just has a very distinctive tone with a beautiful vocal color. On the other hand, on the lower notes, Yves sound absolutely fantastic, and gives the sultry vibes the song needs."

@eliminathan (9.75) — "With the vocal effects it kind of makes Chuu and Yves sound the same when they clearly have different singing tones normally. That's the only complaint I have for an otherwise perfect duet."

@Petit nain des Îles (9.5) — "Yeah this is great. I wish I would've heard it earlier so it would have run my summer! I'd love hear more funky deep house influenced kpop. Not too far from the final Afterschool album, which still hurts to admit." (i can kind of hear the "Dress to kill" vibe now that you mention it)

@Ana Raquel (9) — "One of the two cases I prefer the Side B."

@eccentricsimply (9) — "MORE GAY? More gay." (where? where is it??)

@ohaimanabu (9) — "Whew! By this point the b-sides are just continuing to get better and better."

@He (9) — "Chuu delivering an electro bop with her gf? Love this. It starts so alluringly, and while it doesn’t build up, it remains great."

@RUNAWAY (8.5) — "the lyrics to this song are great, and it's really well sung, but just isn't all there for me."

@ThighHighs (8.5) — "Gossip Girl anthem. In my head I like to pretend that Yves and Chuu get together for Sunday brunch and talk about the trade they pulled the previous weekend."

@ryjm (8) — "ChuVes first track together continues the flawless run of b-sides, the production and vocals are so lush. While the energy of the song is markedly calmer in comparison to Heart Attack, this still goes off."

@codecat (8) — "I love this because I love secrets and gossip & this sounds EXACTLY like being in the middle of a good dishing session with the girlies."

@Slice of Life (8) — "Lesbian Duet of the Year ddddd. I love this but I felt like Chuu didn't really showcase her vocals here. It's cute that she harmonized well with her wife but I just needed her to go for those high notes, you know?"

@Empty Shoebox (8) — "I like the part where it stops. I can't explain why, but I never like interruptions in songs, so that is an achievement."

@GeiPanda (8) — "It ends far too abruptly. Almost like the song is unfinished."

@ohnostalgia (7) — "Having Yves and Chuu sing a duet about a boy is homophobic."

@mokimbird (7) — "there are parts of this i like a lot - the rap bit on the second verse and the bridge into the last chorus are pretty good, but it takes a while to hit its stride. production on this is especially great, though. reminds me of something LDN Noise could do."

@Remorque (7) — "It's not all very remarkable, but it still does the trick of keeping me interested. It's got some funky production going on and I'm very much here for the duo consisting of Chuu and Yves."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (5) — "I expected so much more from a duet between the two best members." (but JinSoul isn't on this track?)

@yuuurei (2) — "Listen ... I really dislike songs that imply that when girls get together, all they talk about is boys. "It's all about you, boy"? Please. So that's annoying, the other lyrics are a snooze, the music is boring, and it doesn't even show off the girls' excellent voices well. There's really nothing enjoyable about this. These two deserved a better duet."

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 27 others like this.
  13. STOP WITH THESE CRIMES

soratami, Rem, PopZeitgeist and 5 others like this.
  14. OEC needs a huge cull right about now, this is getting ridiculous.

Rem, PopZeitgeist, Oleander and 5 others like this.
  15. You snapped and I love it. All these it’s a gay duet!!! comments ... LOL NO

16. You OEC akgaes know these songs don't belong in the same realm as 'Eclipse', 'Sweet Crazy Love', 'Love Letter', 'Cherry Love Motion', etc...right? RIGHT?

vague likes this.
  17. I gave Girl Front, LOONATIC, and Chaotic tens, sorry not sorry.

18. I literally said not to try it!
    I am willing to throw down over how awful that song is.
    Never mind, it's gone now and taste finally won so I'm good.
    I was kinda missing seeing my name in the "lowest scores" list tbh. /a villain at heart?
    It's literally LOONA's only song so far that I truly hate so I got extra mad at it for ruining what would otherwise have been a near-flawless discography!

Now could we please have LOONATIC and Girl Front leave? Chaotic can stay a bit longer tho, it's a bop.

19. [​IMG]

'Lesbians Talk' has been done dirty!

soratami, Oleander, Serg. and 6 others like this.
  20. Maybe we should've made a separate rate for OEC and another for yyxy and 1/3, because a song like ODD Front that is just two other songs mashed together outliving so many great songs in their discography practically shows to me you guys scored based on the unit and not the song... And I mean usually I'm okay with that but nñn it's gotten a bit eh now.

Rem, PopZeitgeist, junglefish and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.