☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Girls' Talk should have been top 10 minimum, tf.

Vixen, vague and ohaimanabu like this.
  2. Gdgdgdg damnit!!! I have been slain.

Cotton Park and vague like this.
  3. C'mon, people, it's Top20, of course it's painful AF now with each and every elimination.

4. oh my god

oh, dang. i made a note to look into that in my commentary file ... and then promptly forgot ddd. forgive me, @ryjm! at least @Oleander is on top of it ❤❤❤

Rem, Kuhleezi, Oleander and 12 others like this.
  5. I'm really pleasantly surprised Loonatic is still in.

6. We proudly stan these time traveler queens, The Doctor found regenerating in the TARDIS.

Rem, Kuhleezi, Oleander and 10 others like this.
  7. vague and Vixen like this.
  8. Did everybody forget we still have frozen, a boring ViVi song, and favorite in? Those can all go before Egoist.

Rosy could’ve left ten eliminations ago.

nikkysan, vague and eliminathan like this.
  9. I’ll accept the frozen drag because this post is mostly tea.

PopZeitgeist, vague and ohnostalgia like this.
  10. Frozen deserves a top 10 placement for Go Won's monologue alone.
    Everyday I Love You is a classic.
    favOrite is garbage.
    Egoist is fine.

And that's sincerely QiQi.

vague, RUNAWAY, Cotton Park and 2 others like this.
  11. None of the songs you guys are mentioning should leave when they are all better than OEC's overrated b-sides.

Yeah_I_Said_It.mp3

eliminathan, yuuurei, vague and 4 others like this.
  12. She's not even my bias but Miss Olivia Colombia is the only one of the gorls who delivered a 10/10 solo single and b-side. Egoist and Rosy better not vacate until Top 10.

13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. two of the songs leaving today received an 11 . . .

but this isn't one of them.

[​IMG]

Rose petals dyed red
    Bitten by your lips
    Gradually melting
    Feel this moment

[​IMG]

No.17
    Rosy (feat. HeeJin)

by LOOΠΔ / Go Won & Olivia Hye

Score: 8.194

High scores: 10×5 (@nikkysan, @ohaimanabu, @Oleander, @Petit nain des Îles, @Cotton Park), 9.75×2 (@eliminathan, @vague), 9.5×3 (@PopZeitgeist, @Love Deluxe, @yuuurei)
    Low scores: 5×2 (@Serg., @eccentricsimply), 6×4 (@teerofinale, @Rem, @Mikl C, @Kuhleezi) 6.5×2 (@ohnostalgia, @evilsin)
    My score: 9.75

5 ballots: No.17, 8.25 avg.
    10 ballots: No.16, 8.275 avg.
    15 ballots: No.19, 7.983 avg.
    20 ballots: No.18, 8.063 avg.
    25 ballots: No.15 (tied), 8.04 avg.
    30 ballots: No.16, 8.142 avg.
    35 ballots: No.16, 8.114 avg.
    40 ballots: No.16, 8.125 avg.
    45 ballots: No.17, 8.178 avg.
    50 ballots: No.17, 8.16 avg.
    54 ballots: No.17, 8.194 avg.

"Rosy (feat. HeeJin)" is the b-side to Olivia Hye's solo single album, released on March 30, 2018, and features vocals from Go Won and Olivia Hye and a rap verse from HeeJin. The song was covered by ODD EYE CIRCLE at the LOOΠΔbirth concert on August 19, 2018. The song was written by daLLy; composed by BADD's Billie Jean, Kim Jinhyung, and Hickee; and arranged by BADD's Billie Jean and Kim Jinhyung.

In the description for the "Egoist (feat. JinSoul)" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    I love this song and I'm so glad it made the top 20 like it deserved to. But I'm also not too mad this is going now since everything else left is so, so good. Go Won and Olivia Hye's soft, girly voices work so well together, even though they do sound very similar on this song, and then HeeJin's laidback, almost nonchalant-sounding rap is the icing on the cake. This is great.

@ohaimanabu (10) — "Holy shit. HeeJin comes in clutch with an unexpected rap that SCALPS. Nevermind an absolutely addictive chorus + hypnotizing production. Definitely one of the best b-sides."

@Oleander (10) — "Phew….Olivia really brought us to the club with this one, huh? This song made all the haters and doubters eat their words, it’s a fact. I mean how can you not love this song. It’s a 90’s break-beat electronic masterpiece and is as icy as Olivia’s cold-blooded stare on the album’s cover. Go Won goes off on this song with her chilly, crunchy robot vocals, too. Not only that but this song is also great because it let Heejin redeem herself for that atrocious rap she did on the the Singing In The Rain remix. Olivia is such a kind unnie for giving Heejin that opportunity. What a kind queen."

@Petit nain des Îles (10) — "This is secretly my second 11 and you could almost copypaste my Egoist commentary. This has such an unusual chord progression, and is everything I'm looking forward in pop music. What I appreciate about this one is that it could explode into a huge chorus or a drop at any moment, but it instead chooses to stay grounded with a more laidback and even atmospheric (that second prechorus!) approach. The middle 8 is everything."

@eliminathan (9.75) — "The BBC Bias was clearly visible from Kim Lip in See Saw and now Heejin in Rosy. Go Won is a perfectly competent rapper why is Heejin here. Just like how Chuu is a better singer than Kim Lip. This song is still amazing though but Go Won was robbed."

@yuuurei (9.5) — "Okay, this is just cool! Really unique, playful and fun to listen to. I like how Go Won and Olivia harmonize as well as that echo-y bit before the first chorus. HeeJin's rap is nice too. Just a really great track."

@ryjm (9) — "With the one-two punch of Egoist and Rosy, our final gurl made it very clear that she came to destroy all our rankings and biases. Probably my favourite b-side, I love hearing my crunchy queen and savage wolf together, their voices just blend so well. The song has so many fantastic elements, the smooth house inspired production, the breakdown, HeeJin’s guest rap, I live."

@codecat (9) — "'This girl walks into the middle of a song and STEALS all the spotlight! Akgae fans HATE her!'"

@mokimbird (9) — "award for "the most unexpected heir to f(x)'s legacy" goes here."

@Vixen (8.5) — "I really like this, and in fact, when Olivia’s album came out, I actually preferred Rosy to Egoist, but that has changed since then kii. The sample in the middle-8 is just absolutely amazing. “DJ drop the bass, bag of sauce in my pocket”?!?! Why do they always have to do Shakespeare like that… More seriously, it’s a pretty fun song, with Heejin’s delivery being super nonchalant in her rap and it just works. I do think Go Won and Olivia tend to sound a little bit too much like one and another in this song, though."

@Slice of Life (8) — "I didn't really love this on my first few listens but I think I love it now. Go Won and Olivia Hye don't have the strongest of vocals but they kinda make it work here. Sort of. HeeJin came for blood with that rap verse though."

@Ana Raquel (8) — "I think it's the first time I've listened to it. I loved it! Not as much as Egoist, but still."

@Empty Shoebox (8) — "This would be a good album track, but I think it would get forgotten as a single. That said, they'd probably put together a fantastic music video for it."

@Remorque (8) — "Ddddd I was only going to give this a 7, but after further inspection I actually enjoy it way more than I thought I would. Olivia and Go Won's voices do sound a bit too familiar, but both give us a fun performance, yet the star of the song is HeeJin who shows us just how much of a versatile queen she is."

@RUNAWAY (7.5) — "this is somehow my least favorite of all of the b-sides. I don't even know how. The song just feels incomplete."

@He (7.5) — "I really like this but I’m not in love with the tiny vocals, they’re a bit timid at times (too much crunch?). Still a bop though. Heejin is going to be also main rapper isn’t she?" (main rapper as well as main vocal, main dancer, face, center, visual etc. etc.)

@Charles Vingt-†rois (7.5) — "Interesting song but… of all the girls, why Heejin?" (why not HeeJin?)

@HappyBirthday (7) — "Favorite thing about electro/dance-y songs: liberal use of pitch-shifting and spacey outros. Yas."

@GeiPanda (7) — "Cute. It shows promise in the production elements and the overall tone, but it does end up being quite one-note."

@ohnostalgia (6.5) — "Can’t relate."

@eccentricsimply (5) — "This is honestly so underwhelming nñn"

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 25 others like this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

MAIN VISUAL
    MAIN VOCALIST
    MAIN DANCER
    MAIN RAPPER

The talent jumped out. Haters can choke.​

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 24 others like this.
  17. SHUT THE FUCK UP CHAOTIC/LOONATIC MCKEEF.

Now I understand what 1/3 stans went through.

Rem, evilsin, Empty Shoebox and 6 others like this.
  18. See, what we're not gonna do is do Jung Jinsoul wrong like that, when she gave us "Love Letter" and "Singing In The Rain", on top of making Olivia pay 500k for a rap verse she didn't even write. A true queen.

[​IMG]

19. He

He

As if you haven’t shat on everything OEC since forever. Don’t front, Maknae.

Rem, evilsin, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.