☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 47 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Okay but a modest kiii at Jinsoul and Choerry totally stealing the spotlight in Heejin's own gif with that look in their eyess dddd

Rem, evilsin, Kuhleezi and 7 others like this.
  2. Girl I gave her actual solo song, ViViD a 10. Where were you then?

Rem, evilsin, codecat and 6 others like this.
  3. Nn OEC actually got my highest average and I gave them 4 tens (more than what I gave to other sub-units).

Rem, evilsin, codecat and 8 others like this.
  4. I mean, it's not like Heejin is doing bad in this rate when she has a full solo song in the top 20 under the name of 'favOriTe' xoxo

5. I love how Haseul still found a way to hang in here considering her non-existing lines in favorite and how her own songs all went out 30 places ago. We love a hunting queen.

6. Forgetting it existed.

[​IMG]

7. About that. I was going to say : "even if we exclude 'favOriTe', all the girls found themselves in the top 20 in one way or the other" ...but actually that's not true dddd. Poor @Serg. oppa and his Hyunjin and Yeojin stanning.

Rem, Kuhleezi, Oleander and 7 others like this.
  8. well, here we go. it's time to say goodbye to the first 11 of the day . . .

[​IMG]

Ah choo, I'm so happy
    Want you, I don't know anything but you
    It's you, you're so perfect
    My heart is forever looking only at you

[​IMG]

No.16
    Everyday I love you (feat. HaSeul)

by LOOΠΔ / ViVi

Score: 8.199

High scores: 11×1 (@RUNAWAY), 10×10 (@Dangerous Maknae, @Sanctuary, @junglefish, @Serg., @HappyBirthday, @Rem, @Oleander, @McQueer, @Charles Vingt-†rois, @vague), 9.5×1 (@DrinkMyTears)
    Low scores: 4×1 (@Mikl C), 5×1 (@eliminathan), 6×3 (@teerofinale, @nikkysan, @_hazzie_)
    My score: 10

5 ballots: No.11, 8.9 avg.
    10 ballots: No.14, 8.65 avg.
    15 ballots: No.11, 8.7 avg.
    20 ballots: No.12, 8.513 avg.
    25 ballots: No.12, 8.53 avg.
    30 ballots: No.12, 8.425 avg.
    35 ballots: No.13, 8.221 avg.
    40 ballots: No.14, 8.206 avg.
    45 ballots: No.16, 8.228 avg.
    50 ballots: No.15, 8.235 avg.
    54 ballots: No.16, 8.199 avg.

"Everyday I love you (feat. HaSeul)" is ViVi's debut single from her self-titled single album, released on April 17, 2017. The music video was shot in Busan, Korea, and, unlike the other 1/3 members, placed more importance on her using her member color than an ~exotic~ location. ViVi performed the song at LOOΠΔbirth on August 19, 2018, with the GOAT herself, Im YeoJin, performing the rap. The song was written by Playing Children, Yoon Youngmin, and Kim Namyoung, with the latter two also responsible for the arrangement and composition.

Just the sweetest song. I thought for sure this had a top ten placing on lock, since this always seems to be singled out as the best 1/3 track on here, but I guess it wasn't to be. Still, ViVi should be proud being the last member of her unit left standing.

@RUNAWAY (11) — "I struggled for a long time deciding what to give my 11 to, but I had to go with my heart and go with their first song I ever fell in love with. And for me, that was this song. Everything about this song is perfect to me, and I don't think it would feel right if I gave 11 to anything else. Vivi's voice is really lovely, Haseul's rap is perfection, and that INCREDIBLE video. What else is there to say?"

@HappyBirthday (10) — "Who needs vocals when you have a song that somehow sounds like it was made from cotton candy?"

@Rem (10) — "What a fucking song. The beginning alone feels so reminiscent and nostalgic. I wish they had more of these songs in their pre-debut. Whilst some of their songs are great, they’re weaker compared to the rest of the subgroups. But this song is just pure bliss. Queens."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (10) — "Her weak voice perfectly conveys the emotions of the song. And HaSeul actually serves. This is the first song I remarked from LOOΠΔ."

@ohaimanabu (9) — "Okay but Vivi was giving me Carly Rae with this one."

@Slice of Life (8.5) — "Who would've thought that the member with the worst vocals would have the best solo single of this subunit? Talent doesn't always win. Kii. No, but I really like this. I'm not gonna give this a perfect score because I just know some of y'all will flood this with 10s and that could mean this will defeat my other faves soooo. Kekeke."

@Vixen (8.5) — "Wheew, did the weakest vocalist of 1/3 came out with the BEST SOLO of the sub-unit? I think the fuck so, yes. Bow down to Queen ViVi! More seriously, this is so fairy-like, so beautifully glossy and bright, with a glistening production. This is the best song they could have given ViVi. I think anything else she might have not pulled enough weight for it, but this sulky and airy approach just works for the song and for her. I love the subtle guitar in this too. Truly a success.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: dddddd. I mean… kii. There’s a super super super airy sustained D5 in there at the end? kiii"

@He (8.5) — "Vivian snapped. This song is so good, and the moment I noticed LOONA with a less condescending eyes, pre-Lip. Deer queen."

@ThighHighs (8.5) — "A total sugar rush. I love the retro production and ViVi is a STAR in the video. It really nails the cutesy vide that it goes for, but this is a bit more charming to me than some of the more… immature concepts from some of the other girls (lookin’ at you Yeojin)."

@codecat (8) — "The legendary miss Vivianne Wong made waves with her pink hair and, although I wasn't too keen on this stalker-ish anthem at first, I'm all for it now. The video is such a refreshing palate cleanser from the other story-heavy videos that would soon follow - how can anyone dislike the nostalgic moments like the old PC or those iconic lens flare moments? I appreciate the cute cameos by the other girls as well."

@Ana Raquel (8) — "UNDERRATED ICON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

@mokimbird (8) — "i remember when Vivi debuted, thinking "who is this flop member?"...and then she proved me wrong. roller disco queen. and Haseul crushes this."

@Remorque (8) — "I never realized I'd actually be bopping to a Vivi release after I was incredibly underwhelmed by her contributions to the 1/3 mini-album/album. But here I am... Great of HaSeul to step in and give the song a nice middle 8 and HeeJin and HyunJin to provide some lovely ad-libs."

@GeiPanda (8) — "YAS my Hong Kong sista! Of course she's the firstone to elevate the pre-debut discography."

@Petit nain des Îles (8) — "What kind of 90's R&B sugar rush is the intro? Love how funky it then gets, though I would loved to hear a song built around a similar feel to the first ten seconds."

@ryjm (7) — "Our retro robot princess marks the beginning of LOONA’s imperial phase. I love everything about this, the retro aesthetic and soundscape is just so nostalgic and joyful. The neon, the skating, her pink hair! I (love &) live! Being the sole foreigner in a group must feel very alienating at times, even more so when you’re relatively new to the language, but ViVi delivers. Shoutout to HaSeul for joining the rap line and delivering a killer middle 8."

@ohnostalgia (7) — "HaSeul stole the show."

@Empty Shoebox (7) — "It's sweet I guess. Perfectly listen-able. I could never see myself thinking that 'Yes, I definitely want to hear that, right now'. Not sure why, but it just seems to be lacking something."

@yuuurei (7) — "Certainly pretty, but I find this a touch bland."

@eliminathan (5) — "She's cute but she's a bit boring, having Haseul rap was an odd choice but go off sis."

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 27 others like this.
  9. [​IMG]

im down to two 10s and one is OEC track y'all have been calling to get out for a minute now nn I hate this rate but I love @vague

10. @Slice of Life dddd I love how our score is the same and the commentary basically the same too

Not too mad about this one going at this point.

11. [​IMG]

ViVi deserved better. Really....LOONATIC beat this?! REALLY?!

Rem, evilsin, codecat and 14 others like this.
  12. GIF of the WEEK!
    Oh, wait I already did one this week. But... damn.

Squinting... Hey, that is the cute, girl-next-doorish, jane-everygirl LG Q7 and Q7 ThinQ girl, right?
    What's her name again?

13. LOONATIC absolutely deserves to be here, and so does the national anthem of Hong Kong.

but I also can't justify any other song leaving why are they so talented uGh

soratami, Rem, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  14. time for the last elimination of the day . . .

[​IMG]

The frozen sky melted
    And the cold wind stopped
    You're like the sun
    Now I've finally met a new season

[​IMG]

No.15
    frozen

by LOOΠΔ / yyxy

Score: 8.208

High scores: 11×1 (@mokimbird), 10×10 (@junglefish, @RUNAWAY, @yourbetterknow, @yuuurei, @Island, @eliminathan, @Vixen, @Oleander, @Remorque, @GeiPanda), 9.5×2 (@Slice of Life, @ThighHighs)
    Low scores: 4×1 (@Serg.), 5×2 (@nikkysan, @Mikl C), 5.5×1 (@codecat)
    My score: 9.25

5 ballots: No.15, 8.35 avg.
    10 ballots: No.17, 8.175 avg.
    15 ballots: No.21, 7.85 avg.
    20 ballots: No.21, 7.913 avg.
    25 ballots: No.19, 7.97 avg.
    30 ballots: No.18, 7.958 avg.
    35 ballots: No.18, 7.964 avg.
    40 ballots: No.17, 8.081 avg.
    45 ballots: No.15, 8.239 avg.
    50 ballots: No.16, 8.225 avg.
    54 ballots: No.15, 8.208 avg.

"frozen" is the third track on LOOΠΔ / yyxy's debut mini-album, "beauty&thebeat", released on May 30, 2018. It was written, arranged, and composed by MonoTree's Hwang Hyun.

In the liner notes for "beauty&thebeat", BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Go Won's spoken word middle 8 is the peak of music, tbh. I really love the wistful, melancholic vibe of the verses, but the chorus is so jarring and borderline cheesy that I couldn't give this full marks. It's still a pretty damn good song, though.

@mokimbird (11) — "this didn't have the impact that something like Girl Front or SITR or Egoist had on first listen. but what makes this my 11 is the way all of the elements of this work together: the stirring of the verses exploding into the melodrama of the chorus; the interplay of voices (Chuu sends every melody her way soaring, while Olivia Hye grounds the verses in an understated hope). there's something powerful about songs that bury warmth in seemingly dark places, and LOONA's especially adept at this - finding ways of suggesting that even within a science-fiction drama full of challenges and betrayals, there are feelings (and desires) that transcend. (sounds really queer, if you ask me.) i mean, just look at that climax where Chuu hits an effortless high note at the same time Go Won enters a perfectly-pitched monologue. for many groups, a moment like that would be a high-water mark; for LOONA, it's buried in a baker's dozen of countless gems. but damned if it doesn't sparkle just a tad bit brighter."

@yuuurei (10) — "From the pretty and delicate opening building to the stunning chorus, this is like ... enchanting? The lyrics are also beautiful with nice imagery, the girls' voices are gorgeous, and I just love it. Go Won's spoken verse is a particular highlight."

@eliminathan (10) — "This sounds like what 1/3 were trying to do but with a much better production quality. Everything just sounds so crystal clear (Stan CLC stan talent)."

@Vixen (10) — "That introduction… Ugh. I can’t put my finger on what exactly it reminds me. I hope people have an idea. I think it’s kinda late 90s, early 00s, but what exactly? It just sounds like something else, but there’s nothing spreading to mind. Either way, I absolutely love the nostalgic and wistful atmosphere the song builds and that chorus is absolutely gorgeous. And the post-chorus makes SUCH good use of their vocals, even the likes of Go Won and Olivia. Also, Go Won’s speak-singing in bridge? It ended careers…
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Besides Go Won possibly dethroning Hyunjin as the ASMR queen, there’s actually some super pretty E5/F5 from Chuu from the pre-choruses and the bridge. It’s a bit more on the heady side, definitely sound like an ad-lib Heejin or Haseul would have done, and I kinda wanted a bit more chest-voice from Chuu, but it’s great nonetheless."

@Oleander (10) — "The whole song is amazing but that spoken word section by Goddess Won is so entrancing. BBC should have her read the phonebook and release it as the lead single for the repackage album. The orbits will probably not even notice because they will be too busy getting their lives to Ms. Crunch’s vocals and making crack videos, memes, and twitter posts about how gagged they are about it."

@Remorque (10) — "What a fucking BOP. It didn't actually hit me at first, so I was initially going to score this a little bit lower... But then that sparkly production and that chorus hit me. Big time!"

@GeiPanda (10) — "Wow. I'm curious to think of an alternative universe where this was the title track. Imagine the performances. It's just... arranged so beautifully. The harmonious chorus sung by all, Go-won's crunchy spoken word moment, the final chorus having different lyrics... so well-done."

@Slice of Life (9.5) — "The fact that I'm giving this a higher score than love4eva... the fuck. I'm so sorry but I definitely love this more. Kii. There's just something so magical here. Has that e.one vibe that I adore. That Go Won spoken word section is A Moment."

@ThighHighs (9.5) — "A melancholy masterpiece. I LIVE for everything about this."

@ryjm (9) — "When I first heard Frozen, it had me shooketh to the very core, it is simply divine! This song is stunning and probably my favourite track from the yyxy mini. The track just builds and builds. For once the intern’s track description actually made sense, this bop effortlessly glides between icy synth-laden verses into a euphoric chorus and then catapults towards a shimmering middle 8 where Whitney Chuuston steals the show. I adore how the girl’s voices sound together on this. Shoutout to my pineapple princess for getting a crunchy monologue, BBC recognises a talented narrator when they hear one, give her a radio show stat."

@Empty Shoebox (9) — "If the whole of the subunit content had sounded like this, the world would be a much better place."

@teerofinale (8.5) — "Definitely one of my all time favorite mini album songs out of the subunits. The vocals are so strong and Chuu’s long notes towards the end gives me life!"

@HappyBirthday (8) — "Are there any songs not improved by a spoken word bridge?"

@ohaimanabu (8) — "This is a pretty standard pop song if you ask me, reminds me of early 2000s technopop in its production. Amazing chorus!"

@Petit nain des Îles (8) — "The fakeout in the beginning is a nice touch. Constantly changing melody wise which pleases me."

@ohnostalgia (7.5) — "Oh right... I forgot the rest of the mini was pretty eh."

@He (7.5) — "Lovely album track, despite the cheesy chorus. Not Go Won again stealing the glory from the great vocalist with an iconic spoken middle 8. We need more crunchiness like this."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (7) — "more interesting than the single but… not a lead single."

@send photo (6.5) — "I know y’all stan this one but it loses all momentum once the chorus hits, sorry sistren."

@Ana Raquel (6) — "It's cool. Nothing else."

@codecat (5.5) — "I...don't enjoy listening to this. I even listened to it again in order to have a fresh perspective on things, and I still think it's a mess. But I can't say "this doesn't work" and give it a terrible score because it's not bad at all, and the vocals are gorgeous. There is a lesson to be learned here, OEC/YYXY akgaes!"

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 26 others like this.
  15. ☽ TOP 1514 ☾

[​IMG]
    Eclipse
    Singing in the Rain
    Love Letter
    Love Cherry Motion
    Girl Front
    LOONATIC
    Chaotic
    Sweet Crazy Love
    Uncover

[​IMG]
    new
    Heart Attack
    Egoist (feat. JinSoul)
    love4eva (feat. Grimes)

[​IMG]
    favOriTe

oop forgot to post this before "frozen" ddd

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 24 others like this.
  16. Noooo. I genuinely love Everyday I Love You. It was my first LOONA song.

The song is so glittery like a Carly Rae Jepsen creation, Vivi’s pink hair felt so iconic, the video was serving hazy 90s realness. The whole thing just has this soft femme gay energy that makes me love it as a soft femme gay. Also, my horoscope-believing ass bonded with it being released in April.

[​IMG]

17. I wish frozen had made it a little higher, maybe even top 10, but given the quality of that line-up I can't be too disappointed.

There's a world of pain coming up with some of these eliminations, though.

Rem, Kuhleezi, ohaimanabu and 7 others like this.
  18. frozen and Rosy should have outlasted these, they aren't that good. This is getting ridiculous.

vague likes this.
  19. Can we please get 'Chaotic' and 'Loonatic' out now... It's ridiculous... Please.... make it stop....

vague likes this.

20. [​IMG]

Rem, evilsin, Serg. and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.