☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 50 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. I need Vivi's pastel pink fantasy to come back.

These are looks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thank God!!!

Serg., vague and junglefish like this.
  3. not complaining about this leaving but WHERE IS BLAND4EVA

5. Remember when I entered this for the 2017 Songs Rate? Me neither.

6. we're losing three 11s with these next two songs . . .

first up a very divisive track . . .

[​IMG]

From your head to your toes
    I want all of you, even your lips
    The only thing I want (only you love)
    It's you, it's exactly you

[​IMG]

No.13
    favOriTe

by LOOΠΔ

Score: 8.389

High scores: 11×1 (@ryjm), 10×14 (@PopZeitgeist, @Reboot, @Rainbow Trousers, @evilsin, @Slice of Life, @clowezra, @ohaimanabu, @Vixen, @mokimbird, @Oleander, @Remorque, @GeiPanda, @Charles Vingt-†rois, @_hazzie_), 9.5×1 (@McQueer), 9.25×1 (@Love Deluxe)
    Low scores: 3×1 (@send photo), 3.5×2 (@Serg., @eliminathan), 5×1 (@junglefish)
    My score: 8.75

5 ballots: No.12, 8.75 avg.
    10 ballots: No.10, 8.725 avg.
    15 ballots: No.14, 8.35 avg.
    20 ballots: No.15, 8.15 avg.
    25 ballots: No.13, 8.24 avg.
    30 ballots: No.13, 8.25 avg.
    35 ballots: No.15, 8.129 avg.
    40 ballots: No.15, 8.188 avg.
    45 ballots: No.12, 8.344 avg.
    50 ballots: No.14, 8.32 avg.
    54 ballots: No.13, 8.389 avg.

"favOriTe" is LOOΠΔ's lead single, their first release featuring all twelve members, and their final pre-debut release; it was released on August 7, 2018. The song was written by Jaden Jeong, Kim Soojung, and daLLy; arranged by Jaden Jeong and Kim Soojung; and composed by Sophia Pae and BADD's Slyberry, Billie Jean, and Kim Jinhyung. LOOΠΔ first performed a truncated version of the track at their first fan meeting on June 2, 2018; footage from that event as well as the song's instrumental was used in the "go into Orbit" teaser released on June 11.

In the description for the "favOriTe" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    And in the description for the "Hi High" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as
    Whew, is this track divisive or what? I genuinely like this, but I do think the novelty of seeing all twelve girls performing together for the first time inflated my score juuust a bitsy. JinSoul's ad-libs alone make this a top-tier track in their discography, though.

@ryjm (11) — "If there is one thing we have learned watching LOOΠA's debut journey it's that BBC know exactly what they are doing with these queens. favOriTe is an absolute bop and is the perfect companion to Hi High, showing the versatility of the girls and giving the western Orbitches something to satiate their girl crush needs.

favOriTe is the PERFECT hype song and was a fantastic way to introduce the full line up to the world. While the line distribution is somewhat shaky, every member shines here (even if it is for literally 1 second ddd). The rapid-fire switching between the girls is so seamless and it feels incredibly epic to hear combinations of vocals and members that we had never heard before.

The production is quite bizarre, the brassy sound is something new for the girls and the complete switch up of the second verse is classic LOOΠA. The song just continues to build and build and just when you think it can't get any more frenetic they throw in a damn dance break and everything just goes off. Seriously, Yves can step on me, what an absolute queen.

While the video is simple in comparison to the solo and unit MVs, the sheer mount of power that exudes from these girls proves that they don’t need ludicrously lavish visuals and big budgets to deliver stunning content. The visual overload of seeing so many beautiful people absolutely killing it with some ferocious choreography is jaw dropping, their star powah! They DID THAT!"

@Slice of Life (10) — "An underrated masterpiece. The perfect end to the two-year pre-debut saga AND the perfect taste of what's yet to come. This reminds me once again of TVXQ's more performance-based songs, say, Keep Your Head Down. The song just perfectly complements the choreography. I would hate to see this not even make top 15. It has so many haters though. lykke_li_-_so_sad_so_sexy.mp3"

@ohaimanabu (10) — "Some people don't like this song, but to them I say "go stream Hi High and leave this one for the big leagues". It's another fucking great song, and even more memorable as its the first full group track."

@Vixen (10) — "This is HUGE. While listening to it in early August, I was constantly asking myself..."What does it sound like? What does it take inspiration from?" And I've watched multiple reaction videos where they would say that it sounded like 90s, early 00s RnB Hip Hop music. Some said that it had a very 'Crazy In Love' vibe, and I do agree with that statement, but I wasn't fully convinced either. Until someone mentioned Michael Jackson. And it just clicked. Now, I know a lot of people will come for me, but this is totally what the instrumental reminds me of. It's so MJ! And obviously, you can't really have better praise than that. Anyhow. 'favOriTe' shows the girls great versatility, as well as showcasing their voice a little bit more.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: I just love Yves/Haseul part in the bridge. Yves does a very nice B4, and Haseul comes through and turns it briefly into a D5/C#5 falsetto. It’s just so sultry, so perfectly placed within the song. Other great vocal moments is Chuu belting a mixed D5 on the “baBEY!”, and obviously Jinsoul’s ad-libs on the bridge/final chorus. Some nice D5/E5. Talented main vocalist!"

@Remorque (10) — "Okay, but this was everything I thought it would be. Brimful of attitude. The production's great, but it's definitely the girls' performances that give it the extra kick. HeeJin, JinSoul and Kim Lip taking center stage, while the others do get their time to shine. I was surprised to hear YeoJin having great rapping skills, 'cause I live for her one line there and it's a shame that HaSeul and ViVi might as well not even be in the video, because they're not featured at. all., but hey ho..."

@GeiPanda (10) — "This song is obnoxious, and all the better for it. It won me over after a few listens. It starts at 100mph, and never stops accelerating (except to slow down for the fantastic dreamy second verse). And then the section leading into the final chorus... my.buss.is.on.fire. When I heard the "woah, woah, woah", I gasped. THEN when I heard Jinsoul's literal vocal runs... I just sat in shooked disbelief - possibly my favorite song moment this year. What a stellar, perfect track to showcase these girls' everything."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (10) — "quality music"

@Love Deluxe (9.25) — "The Heejin - Choerry - Yves moment in the second verse is so dreamy, their tones are so pleasant."

@Ana Raquel (9) — "#JusticeforVivi" (prayer circle for ViVi being main vocal for the repackage)

@yuuurei (9) — "There's a lot going on here but it's a controlled chaos. It's great hearing all the girls together and everyone's vocals are very good. Lyrically, it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's nice enough, and while the line distribution could be a touch more equal, I don't think it's too bad. On the whole, an excellent and very cool bop."

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "Such a fun urban bop. It's not as earth shattering as I expected but the video, the choreography, and the performances that followed have been so fun to witness that I have to give this long awaited debut the praise it deserved. I think it's still growing on me, so who knows what score I could give it if you ask me in a few months?"

@teerofinale (8.5) — "Hearing all 12 members in a song is truly the LOOΠΔ experience! Despite the line distribution unequal (as expected with groups) this song really previewed their major debut to be spectacular!"

@codecat (8.5) — "It's interesting how, having tried so many styles and genres, this is the declaration of their signature sound. Makes you think, huh? But anyway, favOriTe. It's not the track most wanted, but no one can deny they didn't sell the living shit out of this. I love the dance-centric video, the formation switches, the headbanging...but then I realize I'm focusing way more on the dance elements than in the song in itself. Which is quite conflicting since I find the production spectacular, but as much as I want to appreciate favOriTe more, the average songwriting just won't let me. It's still a quality release that goes off, the intro is carved in stone as a legendary moment and while it's great at showcasing the group's talent, it just feels forgettable next to some of their pre-debut heights."

@ohnostalgia (8.5) — "This is sort of like if they’d expanded Chuu’s Heart Attack intro into a sports stadium anthem. That’s not an insult."

@RUNAWAY (8) — "this is nothing I need from Loona. it's all over the place and nothing is together with the choreo or line distribution."

@HappyBirthday (8) — "Issa banger. The best part though is how HeeJin can only pull off the BRRR part about half the time. (Link is to HeeJin trying and failing to pull it off)"

@eccentricsimply (8) — "Eh. It's a good song, but Hi High is SO superior that I can't be arsed to enjoy this that much."

@He (8) — "A debut that’s not a debut but kind of is. I stan this performance, the girls basically fired in all directions with this kitchen-sink track. The song and the video really cannot be separated, and each just enhances the other. Everyone has one or many moments to shine (except Haseul), and it’s lovely to see. Shout out to Yves killing the breakdown, and the moment at the end where OEC get together to serve, and Heejin for letting everyone know who the center is."

@Empty Shoebox (7) — "Did I mark this down because Blockberry tried to say this wasn't the debut single? Maybe, but definitely not consciously."

@eliminathan (3.5) — "Delete it fat."

@send photo (3) — "Thank fuck Hi High came along cause this was NOT it."

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 27 others like this.
  7. Blockberry describing favorite as their "signature sound" honestly filled me with a dread that can not be explained.

8. where
    is
    love4eva

9. I'm sad...

evilsin, Slice of Life and vague like this.
  10. 1 of 2 isn't so bad. Don't quote this @vague.

11. Even now,

Hellooo~

Welcome~~

I wanna try something right now~~~

Ayyyyyy

Let's get it

SENDS ME

12. Their vocals on 'favOriTe' are so good.
    I just absolutely love Jinsoul's adlibs though, ugh. Her mixing is really even (except on the last one sadly, but eh) which makes for really "round" ad-libs. They're not particularly high (fourth octave mostly, but peaks briefly into the fifth at times), which I guess explain why she doesn't struggle, but they're great nonetheless.

I'm glad they gave her the possibility to shine like that as I was afraid she would be push to the side and treated only like a main rapper that gets to sing a verse everynow and then.
    I think she is kind of underrated as a vocalist in the group, actually. To me, she's second after Chuu.

nikkysan, Serg., Kuhleezi and 8 others like this.
  13. Rag on FavOriTe all you want but it's still a great slightly bonkers track that makes for a great workout song and that's that on that.

[​IMG]

Or for "dancing" in your room when no one is looking ddd.

14. [​IMG]

@vague unnie is Yves. I'm JinSoul.

15. two unnies with impeccable taste are losing their 11 with this elimination . . .

and one of them is me
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't let me hide uncover me now
    This beautiful feeling is surprising
    Crossing the limits of time and space
    You add to me, this is new, it's you

[​IMG]

No.12
    Uncover

by LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE

Score: 8.426

High scores: 11×2 (@askew, @vague), 10×9 (@codecat, @enjoy, @Love Deluxe, @yuuurei, @Vixen, @OspreyQueen, @He, @McQueer, @Cotton Park), 9.5×4 (@PopZeitgeist, @yourbetterknow, @DrinkMyTears, @Petit nain des Îles), 9.25×1 (@BEST FICTION)
    Low scores: 3×1 (@teerofinale), 4×1 (@Serg.), 5×1 (@Dangerous Maknae)
    My score: 11

5 ballots: No.24 (tied), 7.4 avg.
    10 ballots: No.18, 8.1 avg.
    15 ballots: No.22, 7.8 avg.
    20 ballots: No.16 (tied), 8.075 avg.
    25 ballots: No.15 (tied), 8.04 avg.
    30 ballots: No.14, 8.242 avg.
    35 ballots: No.14, 8.164 avg.
    40 ballots: No.13, 8.244 avg.
    45 ballots: No.13, 8.3 avg.
    50 ballots: No.12, 8.35 avg.
    54 ballots: No.12, 8.426 avg.

"Uncover" is the third track on LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE's repackage mini-album, "Max&Match", released on October 31, 2017. A choreography video for the song has been shown at CINEMA THEORY events, but has yet to make its way officially online. At a fan signing for LOOΠΔ's debut mini-album, "[+ +]", Kim Lip revealed the three members of OEC choreographed the song's dance themselves. The song was written, arranged, and composed by MonoTree's G-High.

In the description for the "Sweet Crazy Love" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    I went back and forth about giving my 11 to "new", "Sweet Crazy Love", or this song, and, in the end, I had to go with this talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before song. To be honest, I didn't rate this too highly when "Max&Match" first came, but oh man did it sneak up on me over time and cement itself as my absolute favorite of the pre-debut songs. Those spacey, twinkly synths and the majority of the song being sung in falsetto add beautifully to the dreamy, mellow vibe of the track. Not to mention the gorgeous lyrics, which are probably my favorite of any LOOΠΔ song to date. OEC (and G-High) did thaT.

@askew (11) — "'don't let me hide, uncover me now' this lyric lowkey makes me emotional"

@codecat (10) — "Like LOONATIC, it is adventurous. But the best thing about Uncover is it's playfulness and how everything sounds so cloudy and fluffy, drenched with the promise of a secret feeling - something the video got right by going from pristine white to full pink in the chorus. Speaking of the video, @BBC what's good? It's been approximately 200 days and the Uncover video is still gathering dust in your basement WE ARE PLANNING AN EVENT."

@RUNAWAY (10) — "DON'T LET ME HIDE UNCOVER ME NOW! This song SLAPS and is PERFECTION."

@Love Deluxe (10) — "This exists in the same sonic landscape as f(x)'s 4 Walls for me, very vibey but still has something driving it forward. ALSO, TWINKLY SYNTHS. Probably their best use of harmonies too, only second to the harmonies on Sweet Crazy Love."

@yuuurei (10) — "This is a better venture into dreampop than LOONATIC imo, the airy and sugary vocals mixed with the jittery beat and spicy lyrics all mix into an amazing track."

@Vixen (10) — "AGAIN, one of my biggest contenders for my 11. This is like… OEC taking all their little different ventures and combining them into one single song. It has the silkiness of ‘Love Letter’, the slight RnB edge of ‘Chaotic’, ‘Starlight’ and ‘Secret Love Song’, but it also that has dreamy synthy pop undertones from ‘Girl Front’ and ‘Loonatic’. It’s like the perfect representation of the OEC sound. It has everything they ever delivered, just in one track. And GOD, how many times am I gonna have to repeat myself, but Choerry is just AMAZING on these songs. She sounds so raspy and earthy. This is honestly one of the best song I’ve ever heard in my life. It’s that good and ya'll better not do it wrong.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Vocally, again it’s not exactly challenging, but the girls still find a way to shine with the vocal color of their respective tones. It's definitely more about the delivery here, and Oh My, do they deliver..."

@OspreyQueen (10) — "This is just lush. I love the futuristic off-kilter beat."

@He (10) — "A repackage b-side that is all kinds of perfection? Yes please. That chorus is so smooth, I wonder how many of these OEC recorded? The quality for this mini was out of this world. Oh and the routine choreographed by the girls themselves is pretty great isn’t it?"

@Petit nain des Îles (9.5) — "I love the rapid singing bits in the chorus so much. Didn't expect to hear a miami bass number at all. We love those versatile queens x2."

@ryjm (9) — "The production on this is sublime, the song sounds so spacious yet intimate, and the whirring synths that pan round and around are hypnotic. The incredible way OEC harmonise and their overall delivery is mesmerising. An ethereal bop that deserves to rank high."

@Rem (9) — "Is it allowed to be this talented? I adore the melody and the soft vocals on this song screams pure synth-pop magic to me."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (9) — "even better than the single."

@Slice of Life (8) — "DDDDD Not this sex anthem. I'm screaming. YATH BIH UNCOVER ME NOW. It's not my favourite OEC b-side but it's still stellar."

@ohaimanabu (9) — "I study to this one often, as it's chill but also really fun to nod your head side to side to. Instant fave."

@Remorque (8.5) — "Another grower for me. It's so sultry and sensual. These girls definitely know how to play the game and are coming to seduce our eardrums."

@Ana Raquel (8) — "Coolte."

@mokimbird (8) — "if it were Halloween it'd be my 11, but alas. plus half a point for Jinsoul's Extreme Energy on the leg lift in the dance break."

@GeiPanda (8) — "I wished it ramped up a bit more at the end."

@ohnostalgia (7) — "Idk, it’s a bit basic."

@eliminathan (7) — "She's cute but they have better songs."

@ThighHighs (6.5) — "It’s interesting, but it doesn’t do all that much for me. One of only a few OEC tracks to not snatch me."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "Seems competent enough, I just don't like it."

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 29 others like this.
  16. I am disgusted.

'Loonatic' is NOT better than 'Uncover', ya'll have fucking lost it.

Rem, nikkysan, ryjm and 7 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]

why do these hurt more than the silent low scores.

18. favOriTe is good, but all I can think of when I listen to it is...this

19. FAVORITE SWEETIE, I'M SO SORRY

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.