☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. FUCK OFF LOONATIC

LOVE LETTER DESERVES YOUR SPOT

Rem, Love Deluxe, nikkysan and 11 others like this.
  2. LOONATIC top 10 after everyone tried to get it out.

[​IMG]

Whew, TALENT.

3. To be honest, I gave LOONATIC a very good score so I can't come for it that much. But it winning over Love Letter is just a hate crime. I am gagged. I can't believe it is the song that will break our little subforum ddddd.

4. Watch it be "They all have Jinsoul" and then LOONATIC (or Girl Front) and SITR get booted.

My top 10 out of what's left would be:

10. LOONATIC
    9. Girl Front
    8. Singing in the Rain
    7. Heart Attack
    6. love4eva
    5. Sweet Crazy Love
    4. Love Cherry Motion
    3. new
    2. Eclipse
    1. Y'all know by now if you don't then get learnED on taste

5. Loonatic being their highest rated b-side is absolutely not the tea.

My top 10 would be:

10. Loonatic
    9. Singing In the Rain
    8. love4eva
    7. Eclipse
    6. Girl Front
    5. Heart Attack
    4. Love Cherry Motion
    3. Egoist
    2. Sweet Crazy Love
    1. New

Rem, PopZeitgeist, Oleander and 7 others like this.
  6. Pretty fantastic top 10 tbh (although I'd personally switch out Girl Front, Heart Attack, and love4eva with Love&Live, Rosy, and Rain 51db but anyways), hoping the turnout goes as follows:

10. Heart Attack
    9. love4eva
    8. Girl Front
    7. LOONATIC
    6. Love Cherry Motion
    5. Egoist
    4. Sweet Crazy Love
    3. new
    2. Eclipse
    1. Singing In the Rain

Rem, nikkysan, Oleander and 5 others like this.
  7. wig.

10. LOONATIC
    9. Singing In The Rain
    8. Egoist
    7. love4eva
    6. Sweet Crazy Love
    5. Girl Front
    4. Love Cherry Motion
    3. Heart Attack
    2. Eclipse
    1. new

Rem, Oleander, Slice of Life and 7 others like this.
  8. Oh shit I forgot Egoist is a Jinsoul song please ignore this theory I don't want to speak it into existence.

[​IMG]

9. love4eva needs to GO. That being said, I'll keep a low profile for now...teehee

[​IMG]

10. The things the songs have in common is Choerry meaning Love Cherry Motion is finally vacating.

Good.

vague likes this.
  11. FUCK OFF WITH THIS LACE FRONT (WIG MISSING) REVISIONISM GILLIAN MACKEEF

[​IMG]

Rem, Love Deluxe, nikkysan and 9 others like this.
  12. Choerry isn't on Love Letter so don't you start with ha sis.

[​IMG]

13. People calling for New before 1.

[​IMG]

Rem, DrinkMyTears, nikkysan and 7 others like this.
  14. He

He

Scream at Loonatic. You’re all wrong to rank it so high, but the top10 is looking lovely otherwise.

nikkysan, PopZeitgeist, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  15. hopefully this cut will help the pattern of today's eliminations become a bit clearer . . .

[​IMG]

You smell so good, even sweeter
    Oh, from now on, I only see you
    Even my kidney is pounding, I think I'm sick
    Oh, I'm sweetly addicted, more and more

[​IMG]

No.10
    love4eva (feat. Grimes)

by LOOΠΔ / yyxy

Score: 8.657

High scores: 10×20 (@PopZeitgeist, @Sanctuary, @enjoy, @RUNAWAY, @Love Deluxe, @ddog, @HappyBirthday, @DrinkMyTears, @Rem, @eccentricsimply, @eliminathan, @Vixen, @Animalia, @Oleander, @Remorque, @GeiPanda, @He, @McQueer, @_hazzie_, @vague), 9.5×3 (@ryjm, @ohnostalgia, @BEST FICTION)
    Low scores: 4×1 (@Coming Century), 5×1 (@askew), 6×3 (@Ana Raquel, @nikkysan, @Mikl C)
    My score: 10

5 ballots: No.5 (tied), 9.5 avg.
    10 ballots: No.5 (tied), 9.3 avg.
    15 ballots: No.9, 8.9 avg.
    20 ballots: No.8, 8.925 avg.
    25 ballots: No.10, 8.78 avg.
    30 ballots: No.11, 8.7 avg.
    35 ballots: No.9, 8.671 avg.
    40 ballots: No.9, 8.675 avg.
    45 ballots: No.10, 8.689 avg.
    50 ballots: No.10, 8.7 avg.
    54 ballots: No.10, 8.657 avg.

"love4eva (feat. Grimes)" is LOOΠΔ / yyxy's debut single from their first mini-album, "beauty&thebeat", released on May 30, 2018. The song's MV was shot in Budapest, Hungary. It was written by Jaden Jeong and daLLy; arranged by BADD's Billie Jean; composed by E-TRIBE as well as BADD's Billie Jean, Kim Jinhyung, and Narae; and produced by E-TRIBE and BADD.

There are four different mixes of the song available: the normal/video mix, which is found on the limited edition physical version of the mini-album as well as digitally, and three additional mixes available randomly on the normal edition physical version of the mini. Additionally, a fifth mix with new choreography was shown at CINEMA THEORY, but I can't find the clip on YouTube anymore, so that sucks. The girls performed all four main versions of the dance break on music shows during their promotions.

In the liner notes for "beauty&thebeat", BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Waow, twenty 10s and we still can't get out of the 8 avgs? Anyway, Olivia Hye's Sadako-esque ghost girl antics in the video are iconic. Song's a bop, too.

@RUNAWAY (10) — "queens of getting Grimes to introduce them on their single. This song is iconic."

@HappyBirthday (10) — "The only time I’ve ever considered buying “exclusive alternate versions!” I still want the “Getting It Hot” version." (yeah that's the best one)

@eccentricsimply (10) — "I... didn't like this song when it came out, but I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT and I know it front to back."

@eliminathan (10) — "The best sub-unit single even if Sonatine is clearly more up my alley. The autotuned, robotic Olivia vocals in the verse pair perfectly with the delicate Yves and booming Chuu vocals in the chorus. Go Won also makes an appearance probably I think she does the intro or something."

@Vixen (10) — "Simply amazing. I think the comparisons to 'Gee' and 'Very Very Very' are little bit groundless... The introduction is definitely similar to 'Gee', I'll give you that, but I think the production, but more importantly, the melodies go into a totally different way than 'Very³'. There's a definitely a certain quirk to it. It's catchy, has enough different hooks to keep you interested throughout the whole song, and the production really is amazing.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Chuu’s pre-chorus tops at a mixed E5, but for the most part it’s not too high. Nothing else really challenging here, even the ad-libs on the last chorus are fairly simple : Yves belts a decent C#5, Chuu’s ad-lib is lower, she tops really briefly on a B4 but it’s mostly a F4, not really a belt anyway. Yves does have that D#5 falsetto adlib on the last chorus."

@Remorque (10) — "What the actual fuck at Grimes' vocals being the weakest of the bunch? What even is that intro? I wasn't blown away by this song in the beginning, because I thought it was way too cutesy, but the girls themselves completely sold it to me. Though this sub-unit doesn't really feature the strongest of voices (not you, Chuu and Yves) they do a great job of turning this one out. The breakdown is excellent and I love the creepy element to the (on the surface) fun video."

@GeiPanda (10) — "I love that it sounds like Very Very Very and Gee, but still manages to not be a complete rip-off. So much energy in this track."

@He (10) — "I was disappointed in this because I wanted a dark concept, but it has had an amazing staying power. This song literally makes me happy. I think the Chuu chorus is just irresistible. The star is Go Won though, those little spoken bits in the chorus are eh-very-thing. The video also took me a while to love, and I wish bbc had released that video as all of them being part of “ONE” entity as the teaser. It would have made it more rounded and easier to understand. I stan the severe Eastern European teacher."

@ryjm (9.5) — "This generation’s Gee. This song had me shook before I even heard it, LOOΠΔ X GRIMES? Binch this genuinely happened! For a rookie girlgroup to secure a feature from a critically acclaimed western artist is no small feat, but LOONA are no ordinary KPOP act, so it tracks (although I do wish we got more than just an intro from Grimes). While the song wasn’t at all what I expected based on the member’s solos, I absolutely adore this track. From the wistful opening synths, Grimes’ psychotically sweet intro and the propulsive instrumentation, everything is just perfection. I live for how many lines my porcelain pineapple princess got (hopefully by now y’all have seen the light and learned to love God Won). The video is predictably beautiful and confusing and continues the fascinating Eden story arc of the YYXY girls; I love how the song is so bubbly and cheerful yet the video actually tells quite a sad story. I love my rebellious shady crackheads, you go and defy God my beautiful lesbians. Their performances of love4eva have all been stellar and the girls truly shine when they’re on stage, making me appreciate the magnificence of this song. Yves Saint Lesbian and Olivia Slae absolutely killed it in every single dance break, our sultry queens did THAT!"

@ohnostalgia (9.5) — "I cannot deal with Grimes being so busy babysitting Elon that she dropped one line, collected her paycheque, and then disappeared."

@teerofinale (9) — "We love a bop produced by E-Tribe. Each member’s lines are beautifully sung. And this song will always be one that makes me mad that there’s 4 different versions lol! Not really but let me whine haha."

@Slice of Life (9) — "I still love this but not as much now. I think I have overplayed this dddddd. But lemme still give it a 9 since I did hammer this A LOT during the month of release."

@mokimbird (9) — "pinprick menace wrapped into a bubblegum smile, like...a kidney attack from a crush."

@codecat (8.5) — "WOW THIS AGED LIKE MILK. It's still fantastic (even with the gimmicky intro) though!"

@yuuurei (8) — "This is a nice opening track, high-energy but not too chaotic. Lyrically it's a decently cute love song, the line about a pounding kidney is weird though www. Don't know why the Grimes feature was necessary either, but okay. Overall, it's quite good."

@ohaimanabu (8) — "The cute concept comes back after a while of it being absent but it works more here than in the 1/3 and earlier timeframe. Great video as well! Also who is grimes? (/s)"

@ThighHighs (8) — "This is not my favorite of the sub-unit tracks. It’s a bit too frenetic without something to really hold it together. Still a lot of fun though."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (7.5) — "Once again underwhelming compared to the solos. Still good."

@send photo (7) — "This song was probably the biggest letdown considering who’s attached to it. Squandered so much potential."

@Petit nain des Îles (7) — "A bit more traditional cute-y kpop than I'm used to. I was expecting something more out there once Grimes' feature was announced, so I still have a hard time letting go of my past preconceptions. It's fine and potentially a grower though."

@Ana Raquel (6) — "This is the third time I've ever listened to the song (the first being when the mv was released and the second when the dance video was released). And I don't think I'll listen to it very soon. Would give it a 5, but I'll give an extra point because of Grimes' 3s featuring."

@Empty Shoebox (6) — "What a pointless feature. The chorus of the song just annoys me. The rest is fine."

soratami, Rem, aaronhansome and 24 others like this.
  16. FUCK. WE'RE LOSING SONGS WITH LOVE IN THEIR TITLE JAJDJDJDJDUDIDJDJD

[​IMG]

SWEET CRAZY LOVE NEEDS TO OUTLIVE LOVE CHERRY MOTION

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  17. [​IMG]

18. [​IMG]

19. Amazing Top10. Love Cherry Motion or new for the win. Wouldn't mind Singing In The Rain or Heart Attack taking this as well.

eliminathan and vague like this.
  20. Time to eliminate LOVENATIC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.