☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Remaining scores:

11 x 1
    10 x 4
    9.5 x 1
    9 x 2

[​IMG]

But in all seriousness, bar Love Cherry Motion, I'm okay with whatever song will win. They're all amazing. Orbits really won huh.

Sanctuary, Rem, Oleander and 12 others like this.
  2. 8.5 x 1
    9 x 1
    9.5 x 3
    10 x 3

orbits won...

8. LCM
    7. Heart Attack
    6. SCL
    5. Eclipse
    4. new
    3. Egoist
    2. Girl Front
    1. SITR

3. I think... the fuck not.

[​IMG]

Rem, Oleander, BEST FICTION and 16 others like this.
  4. Oh thank goodness.
    Clearly I overscored it!!

Anyway, I've always assumed Eclipse would win this (despite it not being my 11 ww) but I didn't think about people possibly tanking it on purpose because it's "overplayed" or whatever so now I don't know. I just don't want it to be either of the album tracks remaining, I'd be fine with any of the remaining solos winning.

Also if Heart Attack isn't in the top 3, I will burn this place down with anyone who gave it less than a 10 inside.

Rem, Oleander, ohaimanabu and 6 others like this.
  5. And what about it! We'll all be pussy-popping to it there too!

[​IMG]

Rem, Oleander, ohaimanabu and 7 others like this.
  6. I love you.

ohaimanabu, vague and lovlands like this.
  7. I have a 6 left.

[​IMG]

vague, Serg., yuuurei and 3 others like this.
  8. 8. Love Cherry Motion
    7. Girl Front
    6. Singing in The Rain
    5. Sweet Crazy love
    4. New
    3. Egoist
    2. Heart Attack
    1. Eclipse

vague, PopZeitgeist and Vixen like this.
  9. from this point forward, every song getting cut has gotten at least one 11 . . .

[​IMG]

This is what it means to fall in love
    I dipped you in my white heart and you turned it red
    I can't stop thinking about you
    I keep thinking about you even more

[​IMG]

No.8
    Heart Attack

by LOOΠΔ / Chuu

Score: 8.963

High scores: 11×2 (@eccentricsimply, @Vixen), 10×20 (@Dangerous Maknae, @Sanctuary, @enjoy, @Coming Century, @Serg., @ohnostalgia, @RUNAWAY, @send photo, @yourbetterknow, @ddog, @yuuurei, @BEST FICTION, @Rem, @ohaimanabu, @Island, @Animalia, @Oleander, @GeiPanda, @He, @McQueer), 9.75×1 (@PopZeitgeist)
    Low scores: 6×2 (@codecat, @clowezra), 6.5×1 (@Hurricane Drunk), 7×4 (@nikkysan, @soratami, @askew, @Cotton Park)
    My score: 9

5 ballots: No.8, 9.45 avg.
    10 ballots: No.9, 8.775 avg.
    15 ballots: No.5, 9.117 avg.
    20 ballots: No.5, 9.238 avg.
    25 ballots: No.6, 9.2 avg.
    30 ballots: No.8, 9.1 avg.
    35 ballots: No.8, 9.157 avg.
    40 ballots: No.8, 9.125 avg.
    45 ballots: No.8, 9.1 avg.
    50 ballots: No.8, 9.07 avg.
    54 ballots: No.8, 8.963 avg.

"Heart Attack" is Chuu's debut single from her single album, released on December 28, 2017. The song was written by MonoTree's Park Jiyeon, composed+arranged by Ollipop and Hayley Aitken, and produced by Ollipop. Ollipop and Hayley Aitken have also worked together on LOOΠΔ's "Love Cherry Motion", "ODD", "Girl Front", and "ODD Front", as well as Red Velvet's "Lucky Girl" and Girls' Generation's "All Night".

In the description for the "Heart Attack" MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Is Kim Jiwoo a lesbian? I have no idea, but Chuu absolutely is. The fact that this is the gayest offering from a group who already gave us two HeeJin and HyunJin duets and Yves' BDE seduction of ViVi is quite an accomplishment. The middle 8 is peak LOOΠΔ, and, of course, Chuu's vocals are outstanding. Great song.

@eccentricsimply (11) — "TALENT. PERFECTION. NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE. EXTRAORDINARY.

Honestly this has been my favorite LOONA solo since it came out. It's just... Perfect. Not only is Chuu a pretty good vocalist, everything about this song is perfect. And that music video??? The amount of GAY? Giving 2jin a run for their money with the video for My Sunday?? Phew, stan talent stan Chuu - Heart Attack."

@Vixen (11) — "'Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put Lesbians in a blender, scissor on it, hump on it, eat it, give birth to more lesbians'. If Kim Lip and Yves did it for the gays, Chuu truly did it for the lesbians and all the women in the world. Okay, but more seriously, this is truly amazing. I mean, come on, guys. THIS PRE-CHORUS? You’ve got to admit it’s so fucking good. And it actually builds up to a chorus that is genuinely great. And musically, it does manage to re-invent itself fairly well, to avoid as much repetition as possible. That second verse is actually fire, and I do think Chuu actually has a decent potential for “Girls Generation”-lite raps kii. Oh and can we talk about the VOCAL LAYERINGS TOO? Chuu is really out there giving harmonies putting Ariana Grande and Imogen Heap TO SHAME. *Nicki Minaj explosion sound* TO SHAME!!! Hm. Anyhow. There’s just so many great elements to this song. The chords are amazing, the slides are amazing, the vocals are amazing, the harmonies are amazing, the percussions are amazing, the ad-libs are amazing, the hysteric witch laughing in the background of the climax is amazing, etc… Honestly, I just cannot express how much I love ‘Heart Attack’ and Chuu…
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: She does a perfectly respectable slide in the fourth octave (F4-G4-A4 if I remember correctly) during the pre-chorus and she sounds very good, the mix is super balanced, with a decent amount of chest voice being pulled up, making it very rounded up (her backing vocals do help accentuate that, admittedly) and she finishes off with a great mixed E5 on that “OH!!!”. She has a very pretty adlib in headvoice on the last chorus too that goes through some nice G5, F5, E5 and D5 showcasing the ease she has to sing in that register."

@ohnostalgia (10) — "The video is literally me every time I thirst after a lady. Relatable sapphic queen."

@RUNAWAY (10) — "the iconic LESBIAN anthem finally gets to be rated after being painfully excluded in the SOTY rate. This song is PERFECT and there's nothing else I can say."

@send photo (10) — "SAPPHIC QUEENS!! HANDS DOWN THE MOST UPBEAT POSITIVE BOPPIEST LOONA SONG YOU CAN FUCKING FIGHT ME. The hand squee choreo at the “aaaoh!” is so endearing too, fuck. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

@HappyBirthday (10) — "I hate to play faves, but when a performer has pipes like these, and her whole concept seems to be “Gayer! More gay! Gay it up!” it’s hard to consider anyone else."

@yuuurei (10) — "This is obviously adorable and fun, just an awesome little bop. Every time I hear it I just want to get up and dance and sing along tbh! Chuu's voice is amazing too."

@Rem (10) — "LGBTQ anthem! I love this song and the chorus really hits hard. Not to mention she’s so cute, my poor heart."

@ohaimanabu (10) — "This one surprised me, the contrast of Chuu's initial images to her vocals was a whiplash for me. Heart Attack is also very western pop and I appreciate that novelty amongst the rest of LOONA's output up to this point."

@GeiPanda (10) — "My favorite LOONA MV, and the song is just a relentless ball of joyfulness. Very close to getting my 11."

@He (10) — "Real main vocal? Check. Real main rapper? Check. Cutest woman alive? Check. A mega lesbian bop? Check. Most watched solo video? Check. The talentry by Chuu is next level. Heart Attack creeped on me after release and really hasn’t let go. Also, how can you not fall head over hells for her? She so adorable in LOONATV. Another favorite to belt out while on the bike."

@Slice of Life (9.5) — "We love the arrival of a main vocalist kekeke. This was such a curveball when it was just released. A different sound which was what I just needed from LOONA at that point. And Chuu's vocals just soars. And she didn't need crazy ass high notes to do that. Iconique. Penguin Kween."

@ThighHighs (9.5) — "She’s a fucking STAR! Bursting through those curtains with that cheesy fucking grin. I will stan her dorky ass forever."

@Love Deluxe (9) — "Best. Bridge. Ever. The vocal production on this is really good and makes her actually sound Crunchy."

@Empty Shoebox (9) — "Of course, with the video, this is an easy ten. We can't rate based on the videos though, because not every song has one, so it wouldn't be fair. What else can you say about this though? Girl's got talent, which makes up for not understanding how telephones work."

@mokimbird (9) — "this is Kiss Later amped up. full of very bold choices and not all of them stick perfect landings but you've got to love anything that compresses so many ideas into one song. the video is the Gay icing on top."

@teerofinale (8.5) — "A cute song and honestly an LGBTQ anthem! LOOΠΔ’s strongest vocalist and it shows! Easily a song that gets stuck in your head and that’s not bad!"

@eliminathan (8.5) — "I WANT to like this song more than I do because I stan vocal legends and Chuu is giving me that but for some reason this song never clicked with me. She still sounds great and I prefer it to SITR but it's one of the weaker solos after the massive quality bump that Eclipse provided."

@Remorque (8.5) — "We love a stalkerish LGBTQ+ icon! This one actually took a while to grow on me, but it was Chuu's performance that eventually won me over. The girl has a good voice and oozes charm, as evidenced in the video. Great to see Yves being part of the narrative and for HaSeul to make a nice cameo at the end there!"

@ryjm (8) — "Our legendary lesbian, Chuu came out with a bang. Chuu was given the perfect song and video for her; the track is brimming with so much personality (just like our faux maknae) and Chuu is able to showcase her impressive vocal range. There is so much going on in the song, with the instrumentation jumping around all over the place - perfectly encapsulating that adrenaline rush of a first love. Her video is one of their best, establishing what shall go down in history as one of the world’s most beautiful romances, the storyline of Chuu stalking Yves relentlessly until she accepts her love is a story for the ages. I love that life imitated art and ChuVes is still going strong today. My heart can’t handle so much perfection eugh."

@Ana Raquel (8) — "The catchiest song, in my opinion."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (8) — "Great vocal performance. Does the job at showing how we all needed Chuu in our lives."

@Petit nain des Îles (7.5) — "Huge Girls' Day vibes! Bouncy bop, though I'm not really into the chorus. I can't pinpoint what doesn't make it work for me. The chords change too often in the chorus perhaps?"

@codecat (6) — "As much as I appreciate Chuu's sparkly personality and stan ChuuVes...I don't really care for this. I mean, I love the video and it's not a bad song! But it's not for me."

10. I hate you guys so so so much.

I hate this rate so so so much.

I hate the world.

I only love Chuu.​

Rem, evilsin, Capitan and 20 others like this.
  11. Well that's... a disaster.

Rem, evilsin, BEST FICTION and 14 others like this.
  12. No shade but... wig!

Capitan, Rainbow Trousers and vague like this.
  13. [​IMG]

ALL MY 10s are OUT. I HATE THIS FORUM.

Mikl C, Rem, PopZeitgeist and 18 others like this.
  14. Chuu stans:

[​IMG]

Me with my measly 6:

[​IMG]

soratami, Mikl C, junglefish and 21 others like this.
  15. good. it was my lowest score left. now, besides a nine, I have my 11 and a bunch of 10s.

vague likes this.
  16. You before the end of this rate :

binch!​

junglefish, Rem, evilsin and 12 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]
    get ha.

18. *opens thread*
    [​IMG]

*closes thread*
    [​IMG]

19. E
    X
    C
    H
    U
    U
    S
    E

M
    E
    ?

Sanctuary, junglefish, Rem and 18 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.