☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. i hate this elimination.

[​IMG]

For the sin of swallowing all the stars in the sky
    You have spread your blue hue
    You and I are standing on top of this night
    While this song pours down

[​IMG]

No.7
    Singing in the Rain

by LOOΠΔ / JinSoul

Score: 9.125

High scores: 11×1 (@nikkysan), 10×27 (@PopZeitgeist, @teerofinale, @Sanctuary, @ryjm, @codecat, @enjoy, @Coming Century, @Rainbow Trousers, @ohnostalgia, @Love Deluxe, @send photo, @ddog, @Slice of Life, @Ana Raquel, @clowezra, @Rem, @Island, @Vixen, @OspreyQueen, @mokimbird, @Oleander, @Remorque, @GeiPanda, @aaronhansome, @Hurricane Drunk, @_hazzie_, @vague), 9.5×3 (@DrinkMyTears, @Kuhleezi, @ThighHighs)
    Low scores: 4.5×1 (@Serg.), 6×1 (@Cotton Park), 6.25×1 (@Charles Vingt-†rois)
    My score: 10

5 ballots: No.9, 9.4 avg.
    10 ballots: No.7, 9.25 avg.
    15 ballots: No.7 (tied), 8.933 avg.
    (yes both her single and b-side were tied for 7th place here ddd that would've been iconic)
    20 ballots: No.7, 9.075 avg.
    25 ballots: No.7, 9.16 avg.
    30 ballots: No.4, 9.258 avg.
    35 ballots: No.7, 9.186 avg.
    40 ballots: No.7, 9.175 avg.
    45 ballots: No.7, 9.2 avg.
    50 ballots: No.7, 9.23 avg.
    54 ballots: No.7, 9.125 avg.

"Singing in the Rain" is JinSoul's debut single from her self-titled single album, released on June 26, 2017. A special ver. of the MV featuring HeeJin was released to the NaverV app after the original MV hit 500k views on July 10, 2017. The song was written and arranged by MonoTree's Park Jiyeon and Hwang Hyun; composed by Ludwig Lindell, Daniel Caesar, Nils Pontus Petersson, and Cage; and produced by Caesar & Loui. You can read an interview about the song's creation with the duo who produced it here.

In the description for its MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Sing, rap, dance, act, look stunnting soaking wet... Is there anything this queen can't do??! This was the first LOOΠΔ song I checked out after the one-two punch of "Eclipse" and this got every kpop gay I knew in a tizzy, and it didn't disappoint. I liked the song from first listen, but it's only grown on me more over time. Plus, the MV is still my favorite out of everything LOOΠΔ has released so far; it's gorgeous. This was deservedly the highest viewed LOOΠΔ MV for quite a while, but I guess a song that has already been eliminated surpassed it recently. Whatever. At least, "Singing in the Rain" is the winner here.

@teerofinale (10) — "Hey boy, I’ve been thinking about us. Wow this song was also another song that wasn’t a fave at first for me but oh boy does this song slap! This song always hypes me up and the combination of rap with an urban dubstep is something unusual but works! Also JinSoul’s voice and is definitely one of LOOΠΔ’s powerhouses with such a beautiful range! Another kpop banger song that’ll go down in history."

@ryjm (10) — "FinSoul, our fishy queen, snapped and turned it the fuck out. Our rap queen came to fight and she delivered a knock out. Singing In The Rain is a straight up banger. JinSoul proves that she is an incredibly talented and versatile performer; delivering slick raps, strong vocals and visuals for days honey! The production has a bizarre dichotomy of sounding bizarrely sparse yet complexly layered, with a plethora of spacious percussion running throughout. On top of being an absolute bop, Singing In The Rain also delivers what is arguably the most visually stunning MV of all the solos. The colour pallet is exquisite and the aquatic theme is executed gracefully."

@codecat (10) — "Yes scandi-song that doesn't sound like cheap forgotten dog shit! Yes snappy drum! Yes massive drop! Yes iconic intro! Yes iconic water/pole/hand choreo! Yes beautiful colors and visuals! The part she's in an aquarium...Jinsoul is out here delivering ART. And don't get me started on the end of the video. The behaviour she exhbited was artlike. This is also my favorite predebut song to run to."

@ohnostalgia (10) — "Well, I still shamelessly enjoy a good drop in the year of our LOONA 2018. Also the sheer charisma JinSoul exudes in the video... whew."

@send photo (10) — "lowkey jinsoul’s my fave even if kimmy has the best song; she has the best video anyway. smack your skull into my neck queen"

@Slice of Life (10) — "LOONA's jack of all trades debuted with such a strong song too. I hate that this is so underrated here on PJ. It doesn't reach Eclipse's highs but literally nothing does. Cut the sis some slack. Vocal, Visual, Rap, Choreo on point. Kween."

@Ana Raquel (10) — "My least favorite solo song of the OEC girls getting a 10 that is QUALITY. Also my favorite Loona mv."

@Rem (10) — "Imagine not giving this a 10? The pre-chorus is such a sugar rush, not to mention the chorus is stellar. Also the last minute build up is iconic. I do think the song goes on for longer than it should but it works so werk."

@Vixen (10) — "You can tell from the first few seconds of this song that this one is gonna be so fucking good. The percussions on this are amazing. That pre-pre-chorus always gets me pumped the fuck out. It builds up to such a great pre-chorus too. I do think the chorus gets slightly repetitive at times, and it can be glaring when you’re not in the right mood, but I rarely if never skip this song. Also, wheew, can we talk about the rap? We love a multi-talented queen. OH, and ALSO, can we talk about how the second drop is actually different than the first one, making this a much more interesting slice of dance music than it should be on paper? BBC really did that huh.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: When I first got into LOONA, Jinsoul was the first member to really have a certain appeal vocally. She just has this amazing color to her tone, and her voice is a lot more rounded than the girls who came before her who were all very airy. That being said, vocally SITR is not very challenging."

@OspreyQueen (10) — "This was the first taste I ever got of LOONA, and it was through a fucking meme because of course it was. I immediately Shazamed it and added it to my library, and I still bop to it regularly."

@mokimbird (10) — "a Pandora's box of delights: every time you think this'll zig, it zags. that second verse moves seamlessly from a galloping drum beat to an absolutely time-bending rap interlude to a glimmering oasis of piano balladry to a rousing four-on-the-floor build. of course, this wouldn't be worth much without Jinsoul, who rides this track like an expert surfer, tossing off spunky ad-libs, spoken-word bits, and soul-shattering belts. this is a thrill ride from start to finish and a testament to the ambition and power of the LOONA project."

@Remorque (10) — "We love a multi-faceted queen. I love the synthy atmosphere of this one and JinSoul does not deliver in any department, bringing us sass and attitude, whilst giving us a good singing performance, while showing us the girl can rap too."

@GeiPanda (10) — "It never lets up. For some reason, out of all my favorite pre-debut songs (this being one of them), I don't seem to return to it as much. Maybe because JinSoul is too damn iconic for me to handle."

@ThighHighs (9.5) — "Fishy queen. I knew I loved her from the moment we saw her promo pic, and while she isn’t quite the rap god I was hoping for, she is more than capable at everything. When I heard this song I knew I was into this LOONA experiment until the end."

@Empty Shoebox (9) — "The way that the instrumentation just...works with the vocals here is what elevates this song."

@HappyBirthday (9) — "I can’t get over BBC considering three different girls to rap on this and then JinSoul handling the verse her own damn self. Legends only."

@yuuurei (9) — "Very distinctive and cool, and JinSoul's voice is gorgeous. This song kind of just hits you like a train and leaves you in its wake."

@ohaimanabu (9) — "Wow."

@He (9) — "And then came barbie doll JinSoul to take us deeper in the darkness. A stunning all-rounder with a mega bop? Yes. For some reason I always forget how good this song is. I underappreciate it, even if I have played a lot. It has so many quirks that make it great: the rap, the pre-chorus, and those lovely adlibs."

@Petit nain des Îles (9) — "I haven't watched their entire videography, BUT this one I did... a lot. I can't separate the song from its accompanying visuals. The latters elevated the chorus, as I usually am sick of instrumental choruses."

@eliminathan (8.25) — "Don't get me wrong, this song is good but the girls that came after Jinsoul just kept one-upping her so now it's about in the middle in terms of my favourite solo song."

@RUNAWAY (7) — "here it is, my least favorite of the Loona solos. And I LOVE Jinsoul, but this song just isn't all it could be for me. It's just not all there and feels like it's missing something that would really take it over the top."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (6.25) — "Not my type of song but I was enjoy the path LOOΠΔ was taking."

@Cotton Park (6) — "This is my least favorite of the OEC solo singles, but you can't deny JinSoul's amazing star power."

2. @nikkysan @soratami @askew @Cotton Park @codecat @clowezra @Hurricane Drunk @Serg.

Well, I was about to immediately drag y'all for scoring Heart Attack and/or Singing In The Rain so low... but then I realized, I have to give you some sympathy. After all, it's CLEAR that you have been possessed by The Demon With Bad Taste. Basically, if your current taste level were a scene in The Exorcist, you'd be the equivalent of Linda Blair jamming a crucifix up her buss.

This is a severely bad possession, and out of my own unselfish nature, I'm willing to perform an exorcism on y'all low raters. Just stay calm ok? Especially you @Cotton Park oppa, I need your normal self back for all the LOONA physical albums you were planning to buy for me.

Hope this works. I will need the support of all my unnies in this thread to chant with me now. Ready? 1, 2, 3...

THE POWER OF CHRIST HYUNJIN'S SAUSAGE COMPELS YOU!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    clowezra, Sanctuary, Rem and 23 others like this.
  3. I hate this rate.

4. [​IMG]

I didn't realize I was hanging with a bunch of homophobes........gross. Y'all really weren't kidding when you said you hate happiness, huh? Clearly, you weren't considering you just killed off the physical embodiment of happiness. The fact that it was her birthday a few days ago makes it even more tragic.

Chuu if she ever sees these atrocious scores:

[​IMG]

Actually, let me not speak about that because I don't want to imagine a sad, crying Chuu. At least she has Yves to comfort her.

soratami, Sanctuary, Rem and 20 others like this.
  5. The worst solo from the OEC girls actually being the first one out BLESS

Petit nain des Îles and vague like this.
  6. I’M SO SO SO SO SORRY UNNIES IT WASN’T UNTIL VOTING CLOSED THAT I REALISED HEART ATTACK DESERVED BETTER.

But hey my 11 went out straight after so consider that your revenge!

new to win, now.

Sanctuary, He, Kuhleezi and 5 others like this.
  7. JinSoul is just so talented. A true legend was born when Singing in the Rain was released.

8. That was the Dark Ages aka the time before I fell down the theorist rabbit hole and made it my permanent home.

Nooooooooooooooooooo! I thought losing Heart Attack was bad enough but now this? It's like my heart is being attacked from all angles and it's not gonna end until the rate is over.

[​IMG]

And also...

[​IMG]

Anyway, I know it's already been discussed but can we talk about how freaking amazing JinSoul looks in the video? That shot of her rising in the rain is otherworldly. Like HOW can someone look that good? HOW???? Like many people, I have to thank Ms. Soul along with Ms. Lip for transforming me into an Orbit before I even knew what an Orbit was. This song and video are such a powerful and deadly combo that it seems to have killed off the good taste of the low scorers. Now that's what I call impact! Honestly, the song and video deserve to be in the MoMA because they are pure art!

9. Me popping in to see that Heart Attack and Singing in the Rain are gone and checking if I'm in the bottom scorers because I know I didn't give them 10s.

[​IMG]

Me seeing that I'm not in the bottom so I get to start dragging to save face.

[​IMG]

Y'all who scored lower than uuuh, let's say 8 are TRASH. Can you believe Girl Front is still here over these QUEENS!

Island, soratami, Sanctuary and 17 others like this.
  10. ...Well this rate is officially over late teas.

[​IMG]

evilsin, He, vague and 1 other person like this.
  11. @vague being deliberately misleading with the next-outs has me sweating.

[​IMG]

Island, soratami, Sanctuary and 22 others like this.
  12. [​IMG]

Sistren if you're going to post an imgur link, remove the S in httpS for it to work.

[​IMG]

Island, soratami, Rem and 17 others like this.
  13. i wholeheartedly accept hyunjin's holy sausage. 'heart attack' is the one song i would score significantly higher since submitting, and i've been dreading its elimination. i'm so sorry chuu, sapphic queen.

as for one of the songs left, i really did try my best to get into it. i expect to be dragged over the coals by orbit sunbaenims, but please be gentle xx

me @ me:

14. I'm expecting my two 10s to be the next out. I should've known better than to score generously even the songs I don't care for.

[​IMG]

ohnostalgia, Serg., He and 6 others like this.
  15. All these apologies are TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

16. fedvdfvfwfagfwdggrfwed. okay but funny you posted this right when i started working on the last elimination . . .

which actually got two 11s . . .​

[​IMG]

I've fallen, love cherry motion
    Into a purple midsummer night's dream
    Love cherry magic
    Dreaming of paradise with you

[​IMG]

No.6
    Love Cherry Motion

by LOOΠΔ / Choerry

Score: 9.236

High scores: 11×2 (@Rainbow Trousers, @Ana Raquel), 10×29 (@Dangerous Maknae, @PopZeitgeist, @ryjm, @ohnostalgia, @RUNAWAY, @evilsin, @yourbetterknow, @ddog, @Empty Shoebox, @HappyBirthday, @DrinkMyTears, @nikkysan, @yuuurei, @BEST FICTION, @clowezra, @Rem, @eccentricsimply, @ohaimanabu, @Island, @eliminathan, @Vixen, @Kuhleezi, @Oleander, @Remorque, @GeiPanda, @aaronhansome, @He, @ThighHighs, @vague), 9.75×1 (@Love Deluxe)
    Low scores: 2×1 (@Coming Century), 5×1 (@enjoy), 7×2 (@Reboot, @soratami)
    My score: 10

5 ballots: No.10, 9.3 avg.
    10 ballots: No.11 (tied), 8.7 avg.
    15 ballots: No.12, 8.5 avg.
    20 ballots: No.11, 8.738 avg.
    25 ballots: No.8, 8.99 avg.
    30 ballots: No.7, 9.158 avg.
    35 ballots: No.6, 9.264 avg.
    40 ballots: No.6, 9.206 avg.
    45 ballots: No.6, 9.217 avg.
    50 ballots: No.6, 9.255 avg.
    54 ballots: No.6, 9.236 avg.

"Love Cherry Motion" is Choerry's debut single from her self-titled solo single album, released on July 28, 2017. The song was written by MonoTree's Hwang Hyun and Agnes Shin; arranged and composed by Ollipop, Hayley Aitken, and Okajima Kanata; and produced by Ollipop. Also: ~allegedly~ Kim Lip is the one performing the song's ad-libs, but I haven't found a definitive source on that. It does sound like her, though.

In the description for its MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    I was still a pretty casual fan when this dropped, having not even bothered checking the pre-Kim Lip releases yet, but this song and video combo sucker punched me with how amazing they were and pretty much cemented my status as a stan. This still sounds so fresh and reminds me of last summer, when I discovered one of my all-time favorite groups, every time I listen to it.

@Ana Raquel (11) — "I have a weakness for when songs change rhythm (or however it is technically called), and LCM does it SO, but SO WELL, I can't help but give it my 11. So proud of my girl *sobs*."

@ryjm (10) — "The most wig-snatching, jaw dropping bop of 2017, Love Cherry Motion was done so dirty by so called “fans” but real Orbitches know that this is one of LOONA’s most iconic songs. Our transverse, cherry hating bat proved she could sell any concept thrown at her, even if it’s all within the same damn song. Queen of positivity and duality, Choerry proved she could deliver star quality aegyo and seductive sensuality at the drop of a hat…or a beat. The beat drops still snatch my wig on a regular basis, making me go “rwa” and slut drop on command."

@ohnostalgia (10) — "That breakdown gets me every damn time. Also I love how the video starts with soft sapphic “gals being pals” vibes and then shifts into dark queen of the other world mood."

@RUNAWAY (10) — "again, another 11 contender. This song is just EVERYTHING, and THAT DROP never gets old. The song is absolutely perfection, and the ad-libs in the end give me LIFE every. single. time."

@Empty Shoebox (10) — "Uh, uh, imagine. The structure of this song is much more unusual than the others that precede it, so it ends up hitting you hard. That's what makes it stand out, and why I have listened to it so much, and probably why I like it."

@HappyBirthday (10) — "It’s so rare to find a drop that shocks, but Choerry does the damn thing and then flounces back into bubblegum like it’s nothing!"

@yuuurei (10) — "A very erratic and kaleidoscopic track, I love it. All the little quirks in the production are so fun."

@Rem (10) — "The fucking beat drop. I cannot. It sounds like a badass Middle-East beat. I still can’t believe this is my first time listening to this, I am ashamed but stanning for my life."

@eccentricsimply (10) — "EVERYTHING. Her and Chuu share the top spot for my favorite LOONA members and solos and I LOVE this so much. Talent."

@ohaimanabu (10) — "An amazing song all around, Deserves a 10 just for the wig snatching drop alone. Choerry's debut is iconic!"

@eliminathan (10) — "This song is everything and more, I usually abhore cute songs but I grew to love this because of it's Jekyll and Hyde bullshit. Choerry being the biggest flop out of the girls is the biggest crime and Orbits are trash for it."

@Vixen (10) — "This is possibly their most iconique song ever. I don’t think anything they will do will ever be more iconique than this. It’s just… UGH. I gotta say though, ever since someone mentioned that the instrumental on the verses sound a lot like ‘California Girl’ (or just some Teenage Dreams songs), I can’t unhear it dddd. This is an amazing slice of glossy bubblegum pop that somehow transcends into some sort of trap-hip-hop-mideast piece of music, and SOMEHOW manages to tie everything together perfectly. The producers truly outdid themselves.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: It’s a bit high-ish, but it’s mainly sung in a very airy falsetto or mix, so it’s not the most challenging thing. I do think it’s a bit of a gag that the ad-libs on the last chorus are Kim Lip’s, not Choerry's ddddd."

@Remorque (10) — "At first I was only going to give this an 8.5, but I have to give it to them... Those fucking breakdowns get me every. single. time. The girl puts in the effort and sounds great. It was fun to see HaSeul and especially YeoJin featured in the beginning, but I nearly lost it when Kim Lip and JinSoul appeared during those breakdowns."

@GeiPanda (10) — "Damn, the MV really opened up the Loonaverse. The song itself is just the perfect dichotomy of cute and bussdrop."

@He (10) — "The maknae of OEC came and deceived all with her cutesey look, recruiting the mom and daughter duo for her video, and just bringing us an after cram school vibe. But then she gave us THAT drop! No one was left alive. I almost choked when Kim Lip and Jinsoul showed up in the video. It really felt like such a moment. Really OEC just provided moment after moment…"

@ThighHighs (10) — "Get you a girl who can do both. The beat drops are honestly legendary, but even the verses and chorus are full of a deliriously bouncy energy that makes the whole song so damn replayable."

@Petit nain des Îles (9.5) — "It reminds me so much of Perfume back when they were actually putting out good songs so I'm loving it a lot. I wish the chorus would've been a little stronger but this is cute. WAIT, I had completely forgotten about that totally random drop! The visuals then immediately came to mind so I'm rating it higher just for my jaw dropping reaction. I want to hug whoever wrote and produced this."

@codecat (9) — "MOST LEGENDARY SURPRISE IN A SONG EVER. Love Cherry Motion is a great title, isn't it? I wasn't in the mood for it at first listen so I skipped through the track and I thought "eh" but guess what? NONE OF PARTS I SKIPPED WERE THE DROP. So I saw some comments around how Love Cherry Motion was so ingenious and had that amazing part and I was like what? So I listened to it in full and...yeah. My buss wasn't ever the same. The seamless contrast between said parts is very well achieved, and Choerry exudes so much positivity and light it's insane! I, a drone hater, thank their existence just this once because they captured some gorgeous scenery for this and I live for the whole mirror play throughout the video."

@Slice of Life (9) — "Looking back now, I feel like this was the perfect bridge from OEC to yyxy. It's not as sultry as Eclipse and Singing in the Rain but it's also not as cutesy as Heart Attack and One & Only. BBC intern, ha mind! Choerry is such an underrated member and she deserves all the love."

@Cotton Park (9) — "I couldn't really think of a better way to introduce the world to Chwerry's unique bundle of talent and unstoppable personality."

@teerofinale (8.5) — "THE song that got me into LOOΠΔ in the very first place. Solely listening to jpop before kpop this song was a great bridge for me with the similar cutesy elements. All in all a great song and the middle eastern dance breaks after the choruses are easily my favorite parts of this jam."

@mokimbird (8.5) — "a lot of the power comes from the video, admittedly, but the song itself is rock-solid. arguably the beginning of the multiverse concept, knocked everybody off their ass the first time they heard it, and that chorus is A+++++"

@Charles Vingt-†rois (8.5) — "I still love making friends discover LOOΠΔ and watch their face at that moment."

@send photo (7.5) — "OEC sacrilege but never been much of a fan for this. The other girls might be snatched at that Shyamalan twist but it’s not enough to carry the song for me, sorry I failed y’all"

soratami, Sanctuary, Island and 26 others like this.
  17. ☽ TOP FIVE ☾

[​IMG]
    Eclipse

[​IMG]
    Girl Front

[​IMG]
    Sweet Crazy Love

[​IMG]
    new

[​IMG]
    Egoist (feat. JinSoul)

ddd i was gonna make gifs for this but didnt have time sorry xx

soratami, Sanctuary, Island and 27 others like this.
  18. [​IMG]

soratami, Sanctuary, Rem and 21 others like this.
  19. DELETE THIS RATE

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.