☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. I mean, the results of this rate have been a huge mess since the very start when Fairy Tale went out first for no good reason, so at this point both new fans and Eclipse fans should just be thrilled their faves made it to the top 5, and we might as well all root for Girl Front to win. The akgaes deserve something to make up for the difficulty of living with questionable taste.

McQueer, eliminathan, vague and 3 others like this.
  2. dddd this girl front slander when it almost got my 11

3. Me giving Eclipse a 9 just to sow chaos

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG][​IMG]

vague, yuuurei, nikkysan and 2 others like this.
  5. I love all of the OEC members, but Singin' In The Rain is one song I occasionally sometimes skip when delving into the definitive LOONA playlist on Spotify:

I'm feeling a little better already, but give me time for a colonic next time you do that ritual again.
    And thank Hyunjin for the sausage. She's so underrated.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Rem, McQueer, GeiPanda and 8 others like this.
  6. Off topic: That is the cutest avatar ever.
    But Yura misses you.

7. Fucking never!
    Aw thx haha I love it! But I'll go back to Yura eventually, she's my birthday twin and my #1 always ♥

8. I brought back my old Sojin Biting Teddy Bear avatar for the YouTube channel. Sojin rules. Yura rules. Girls' Day rules.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  9. [​IMG]

what ..... happened in here

10. Well I gave both Eclipse and new a 10 so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. [​IMG]

You just had to start this cursed rate, huh...

Look what you have done...

Look-what-you-made-us-do.mp3​

12. [​IMG]

You're welcome xoxo

soratami, Rem, Serg. and 18 others like this.
  13. i'll be cutting down to one elimination a day until we reach the top two . . .

today's elimination has gotten the most 11s of any song cut so far . . .

ddd i'm actually a little scared what the reaction to this (and what's left frrwfwagdbaf) will be . . .

[​IMG]

Come come come, come to me
    I don't know how to stop
    I want to hold your hand
    Blow kiss on my cherry lips

[​IMG]

No.5
    Sweet Crazy Love

by LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE

Score: 9.329

High scores: 11×3 (@ddog, @BEST FICTION, @McQueer), 10×26 (@Dangerous Maknae, @ryjm, @codecat, @enjoy, @RUNAWAY, @Love Deluxe, @send photo, @yourbetterknow, @Slice of Life, @Ana Raquel, @HappyBirthday, @DrinkMyTears, @clowezra, @ohaimanabu, @Island, @eliminathan, @Mikl C, @Vixen, @Oleander, @aaronhansome, @He, @ThighHighs, @Petit nain des Îles, @_hazzie_, @Cotton Park, @vague), 9.75×1 (@PopZeitgeist)
    Low scores: 5×1 (@Coming Century), 7×3 (@evilsin, @Empty Shoebox, @yuuurei), 7.5×1 (@Animalia)
    My score: 10

5 ballots: No.4, 9.75 avg.
    10 ballots: No.3, 9.625 avg.
    15 ballots: No.6, 9.017 avg.
    20 ballots: No.6, 9.163 avg.
    25 ballots: No.5, 9.21 avg.
    30 ballots: No.6, 9.208 avg.
    35 ballots: No.5, 9.307 avg.
    40 ballots: No.5, 9.244 avg.
    45 ballots: No.5, 9.25 avg.
    50 ballots: No.5, 9.305 avg.
    54 ballots: No.5, 9.329 avg.

"Sweet Crazy Love" is LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE's second single, from their repackage mini-album, "Max&Match", released on October 31, 2017. The song was written by MonoTree's Park Jiyeon; and arranged+composed by Daniel Kim, Charli Taft, Thomas Sardoff, and MonoTree's G-High. A full color version of the MV was shown at CINEMA THEORY events, but there doesn't seem to be any clips online.

In the description for its MV, BlockBerry Creative described the track as:
    Going into the rate, I had planned for this to be my 11, but I ended up giving it to my underdog fave "Uncover" instead. I'm happy this made the top five in the end, but I wish it had been the last OEC track standing, tbh. To me, it's so much better than "Girl Front" - which I love, too - and is more inline with the sound I imagined for the unit before they actually debuted. I've listened to this song at least 300 times, and watched the video probably as many times as that, and this is still so fresh and exciting to me. I live for the split second just before the chorus starts where the guitar strumming is super prominent; it's so good.

@ryjm (10) — "While Girl Front showcased OEC’s more frenetic side, Sweet Crazy Love carries an air of sophistication. The song still conveys OEC’s girl crush image but in a much more refined and classy way, a remarkable feat for a unit of young rookies. The MV continues this and again portrays a more refined aesthetic, delivering a beautifully cinematic prequel to Girl Front. The girl’s vocals sound incredibly sweet here and literally float along with the instrumental, making it a decidedly delicious listen."

@codecat (10) — "From the distinguished disco strings, to the excellent, cinematic video, Sweet Crazy Love is OEC at its finest. Big 3 groups should be ASHAMED they haven't reached these heights & level of iconicity. They have NEON SIGNS WITH THEIR SONGS IN THEM. Jinsoul is an eyepatch QUEEN. Also poor fish. I think this was the last international effort from the same people who did RV's Automatic and SNSD's Lips which is a shame, since they pull out some massive songs. Let's hope for a reunion!"

@RUNAWAY (10) — "it was so close to getting my 11, but I just had to follow my heart. It's a travesty that this song missed the top ten in the SOTY rate, but it should make up for that with this rate. This song is a 10 from the moment is fucking starts and it just never stops. BLOW KISS ON MY CHERRY LIPS~"

@send photo (10) — "Good thing I love this anyway ‘cause slicey would kick me out of bed if I gave this less than a 10"

@Slice of Life (10) — "I still maintain that this is the best thing LOONA has released pre- and post-debut. The perfect end to the OEC era. Well, not end because I still wish they'd come back one day."

@Ana Raquel (10) — "I expected something different when I first saw the video. Not disappointed."

@HappyBirthday (10) — "Bit of an embarrassment- I heard this was a prequel, which (along with the black/white thumbnail) had me expecting a pretentious ballad. Boy was I ever wrong."

@clowezra (10) — "God-tier pop music, wth their minds."

@ohaimanabu (10) — "Another phenomenal OEC track. Like how did they do it? Pure boppery."

@eliminathan (10) — "The chorus is one of the most impactful LOONA choruses even if the verses are a bit all over the place."

@Vixen (10) — "This is one of their best song ever, and was one of my biggest contenders for my 11. It’s just one of the most utterly amazing slice of music I’ve heard in my entire life, let alone in their discography. It’s so engaging and dynamic, while still not giving out too much at the same time. It’s honestly so well crafted. The melodies here are amongst their strongest, and again, Choerry sounds so at home on a song like this. It’s actually not a surprise why she was chosen for OEC instead of 1/3.
    V-ocal-ixen moment of the day: Vocally, it’s not exactly challenging, but the girls still find a way to shine by having just really confident and earthy vocals that sell this song back and forth. That is truly the driving force of OEC."

@He (10) — "OEC’s best song, best video, and surprise: it’s totally underrated. This track hits you with lovely melody after lovely melody. The epic intro going into the beat is so amazing, as is the rest of the song really. And the origins video! It’s so gorgeous and it tells such a neat story. Oh and the choreo slaps too. Scream did we ever find out who JinSoul is looking at with blurry vision? And the link to Egoist just makes my anime gay heart flutter."

@ThighHighs (10) — "If a song has a prominent violin moment, it’s already probably a 7/10. Luckily for me, the rest of the song takes it to a perfect 10."

@Petit nain des Îles (10) — "Perfect, one of the songs I've been familiar with for a long while thanks to the music video. Iconic, I can't decide which part I prefer between the prechorus, the postchorus and the middle 8. Those chord progressions are splendid. This is everything I'm striving for as an aspiring songwriter myself. I STAN."

@Cotton Park (10) — "A perfect song and a sumptuous, perfectly crafted video."

@teerofinale (9.5) — "Between this and Girl Front, the latter was always more superior to me. But once again, this song grew on me and this song just sounds so grand and regal and these 3 women know what they’re doing and how to do it perfectly"

@mokimbird (9.5) — "'hey boy, you wanna play?' -JinSoul. Kim Lip's Opening Walk For The Gays is the highlight, and although nothing quite hits that high-water mark this is still iconic."

@Remorque (9) — "Would have given this 10 points normally, but something outside of the video just doesn't work for me. The visuals with this video help elevate it, but that doesn't take away from the fact this is a fucking bop of the highest order!"

@GeiPanda (9) — "So good. Can't for the life of me hear 'Sweet Crazy Love' in the lyrics though."

@Charles Vingt-†rois (8.5) — "Odd Eye Circle genuinely have the strongest identity of the three… I really hope they get a comeback eventually."

@ohnostalgia (8) — "Feels like a more polished 1/3 track, deftly combining classical instruments with modern production."

@Empty Shoebox (7) — "This seems to be a bit less than the sum of its parts. There's potential here, but I don't think it ever reaches it."

@yuuurei (7) — "I get the impression this one is really popular so I don't want to badmouth it. I'll just say it's fine, not bad or anything, but just not my thing."

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    soratami, aaronhansome, Rem and 27 others like this.
  14. [​IMG]

But in all seriousness, I am super elated that this reached top 5. A true Popjustice. ♡

15. Hmmm.... just as I thought.... Trash.

16. [​IMG]

I'm gonna stick to not saying anything much, because I genuinely don't think it's a bad song and I'm glad for some of y'all that you like it so much, it just really doesn't do anything for me. But the relief is real, ngl.

ohaimanabu, ohnostalgia and vague like this.
  17. The way so many of my scores get bumped off the Highest Scorers section because you guys rate everything a 9 and 15th out of 10 so it looks like I don’t love this song too...

18. Also can we fucking talk about the stunning live stages of this song???

Wig.

19. Oh for fuck's sake.

I'm out.

Rem, evilsin, codecat and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.