☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

☽ Rate Talent. Rate LOOΠΔ. ☾ the pre-debut rate • FINISHED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Quick question, what the f*ck does one even write for commentary?

Also yeah the solo singles mostly have higher scores from me so far except Kiss Later hrsflkflksjg that was rough BUT some of the unit songs are amazing too, liiike You and Me Together, Fairy Tale, Sonatine, frozen, one way ... love4eva is all right could've done without random Grimes and Chaotic is pretty good as well.

Preparing some curses just in case you all decide to tank 1/3 and yyxy just because they don't do enough """bops"""

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    vague likes this.
  2. Ugh, that sick week I had really got me out of the loop. I really need to do this.

vague likes this.
  3. I have finished listening to sub unit stuff. Whew Odd Eye Circle came through with Max&Match didnt they? Shame about 1/3 though.

He, nikkysan, ryjm and 1 other person like this.
  4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Birth Name: Ha Sooyoung
    Birth Date: May 24th, 1997
    Color: Burgundy
    Animal: Swan
    Reveal Date: November 14, 2017
    Pre-Debut Date: November 28, 2017
    No. of Pre-Debut Songs: 9
    Sub-Unit: LOOПΔ / yyxy​

Yves' Who's Next Girl? teaser was released on November 7th, 2017, with her full reveal following a week later on November 14th. Additional photo teasers were released on November 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd. On the 24th, the "new" MV teaser was released to YouTube, and a slightly different teaser was released to NaverV on the 25th. Her single album's cover and tracklist were also revealed on the 25th. Yves' first selfie was released on the 26th, and her final teaser photo was released on the 27th, along with a contest to win a signed copy of her single album.

The "Yves" single album and the "new" MV were both released on November 28th. On the 29th, another selfie of Yves, this time with ViVi and Choerry, was posted to announce the winner of her contest, and on the 30th, Yves' LOOПΔ TV arc started with episode 225. Yves had her first fan event in support of her single album on December 9th. On December 17th, it was announced that when "new" reached 1 million views, the Choreography ver. would be released. On January 9th, 2018, the original "new" MV reached the 1 million views goal and the Choreography ver. was released as promised.

On December 1st, BlockBerry Creative announced that when #TheCarol tag on Instagram reaches 8,854 posts, they would release a new version of "The Carol" featuring three new members. On December 11th, the first teaser photo for "The Carol 2.0" was released, although the participating members were still kept secret. A second teaser revealing ViVi, Choerry, and Yves as the three members singing "The Carol 2.0" was released on the 12th, with the lyric video for the song following on the 13th. In the description of the lyric video for "The Carol 2.0", it was revealed that ViVi, Choerry, and Yves had formed a new, one-time "transverse unit", ViRryVes (pronounced believe), to perform the track. Episode 253 of LOOПΔ TV chronicled the shooting of the lyric video.

Yves (pronounced eve) got off to an awkward start, having debuted only three weeks after joining the company, but it didn't take long for her to show she's just as weird as everyone else in the group. She's probably LOOПΔ's fiercest performer, too.

[​IMG]
    Birth Name: Kim Jiwoo
    Birth Date: October 20, 1999
    Color: Peach
    Animal: Penguin
    Reveal Date: December 14, 2017
    Pre-Debut Date: December 28, 2017
    No. of Pre-Debut Songs: 8

Chuu's Who's Next Girl? teaser was released on December 7th, with her full reveal following a week later on the 14th. Additional solo photo teasers were released on the 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th. On the 20th, a duo photo teaser of Chuu with Yves was released, and a second duo teaser of the pair was released on the 22nd. On the 21st, the cover and song descriptions for Chuu's single album was revealed, and the tracklist was revealed on the 23rd. The "Heart Attack" MV teaser was released to YouTube on December 24th, and a slightly different teaser was released to NaverV later the same day. On the 27th, Yves posted a support message for Chuu on NaverV.

The "Chuu" single album and "Heart Attack" MV were both released on December 28th. Chuu's LOOПΔ TV arc started with episode 245 on January 2nd, 2018. On the 14th, Chuu, accompanied by Yves, had her first fan event in support of her single album.

LOOПΔ's most popular (and gayest? definitely gayest) member had a large online following even before being announced as a member. Her voice is as big as her personality.

[​IMG]
    Birth Name: Park Chaewon
    Birth Date: November 19th, 2000
    Color: Eden green
    Animal: Butterfly
    Reveal Date: January 15, 2018
    Pre-Debut Date: January 30, 2018
    No. of Pre-Debut Songs: 8

Go Won's Who's Next Girl? teaser was revealed on January 8th, and her full reveal followed a week later on the 15th. Additional solo teaser photos were released on the 16th, 17th, 19th, 20th, and 21st, and duo photo teasers with Chuu were released on the 25th and 26th. On the 24th, Go Won's cover and track descriptions were released, with her tracklist following on the 27th. The "One&Only" MV teaser was released on Youtube on the 28th, and the slightly different NaverV version of the teaser was released 12 hours later. On the 29th, Chuu released a support message for Go Won's debut. Go Won's final teaser photo was released on the 30th, 12 hours before the release of her single album and MV.

Both the "Go Won" single album and "One&Only" MV were released on January 30th, and Go Won's LOOПΔ TV arc began with episode 265 on the 31st. On February 10th, Go Won, along with Chuu, had her first fan event.

Soft-spoken but savage. Also: a break dancing master, and, of course, the queen of twitter memes.

[​IMG]
    Birth Name: Son Hyejoo
    Birth Date: November 13, 2001
    Color: Silver
    Animal: Wolf
    Reveal Date: March 17, 2018
    Pre-Debut Date: March 30, 2018
    No. of Pre-Debut Songs: 7

On March 9th, the final Who's Next Girl? teaser was released, and Olivia Hye's full reveal was released on the 17th. Additional solo teaser photos were released on the 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd, and duo teaser photos with Olivia Hye and Go Won were released on the 23rd and 25th. Olivia Hye's cover and track descriptions were revealed on the 26th, with her single album's tracklist and release date following later that same day. The "Egoist" MV teaser was released to YouTube on March 28th, and a slightly different teaser was released to NaverV 12 hours later. Go Won released a support message for Olivia Hye's debut on the 29th.

The "Olivia Hye" single album and the "Egoist (feat. JinSoul)" MV were both released on March 30th. A short clip of HyunJin and Choerry practicing the "Rosy" choreography was released on April 1st. On April 7th, Olivia Hye, accompanied by Go Won, had her first fan event in support of her single album. On April 9th, Olivia Hye made her first appearance on LOOПΔ TV with episode 310; the arc chronicling the shooting of her photobook and music video began with episode 316 on April 19th.

As @Rainbow Trousers once said, Olivia Hye is the "Eeyore of the group". Whether it's being mistaken for the oldest, failing to blow a dandelion, getting into the wrong van after promotions, or being the last one left signing autographs, anything that can go wrong for Olivia Hye will go wrong.

On April 27th, the youth youth by young teaser was released, revealing the third sub-unit's name as LOOΠΔ / yyxy (pronounced why-why-by-why). On May 10th, the first yyxy teaser photo, revealing the unit's mini-album title, "beauty&thebeat", was released. On May 14th, the first solo teaser of Yves was released; Chuu followed on the 15th, Go Won followed on the 17th, and Olivia Hye's teaser was released on the 18th. Additional photo teasers, each revealing a track title from their mini-album, were released on the 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd. On the 25th, the "love4eva" MV teaser was released to YouTube, and a slightly different teaser was released to NaverV 12 hours later. Additional group teasers were released on the 24th, and 26th, with pre-orders also going live on the 26th.

The preview video for "beauty&thebeat" was released on the 28th, and the Budapest teaser was released on the 29th. The "beauty&thebeat" mini-album and the "love4eva (feat. Grimes)" MV were both released on May 30th (my birthday ddd), along with the album's liner notes. The Choreography Practice for "love4eva" was released on the 31st, and yyxy's LOOΠΔ TV arc started with episode 336 on the same day. yyxy performed "love4eva" for the first time at the Line&Up event on June 2nd, and had their debut stage on M COUNTDOWN on the 7th. On the 17th, yyxy had their first fan event as a unit in support of their mini-album. On July 14th, the "one" teaser? music video? short film? was released, bringing yyxy's story to a close (for now).

While LOOΠΔ 1/3 and LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE both focused on romantic love (though from different perspectives), LOOΠΔ / yyxy focused on self-love and self-acceptance. Their music videos are easily the darkest chapters of the entire LOOПΔverse story so far, especially "Egoist", "love4eva", and "one." These darker themes, as well as the pure, unadulterated gayness of Yves and Chuu's story, makes this unit, to me, the most intriguing. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion, either, as these four girls' solo and unit album sales were extremely impressive for a rookie girl group - or, hell, in general, even. It's a shame we missed out on getting a repackage from them, because I have no doubt it would've been something truly special.

On January 18th, BlockBerry Creative announced the first LOOΠΔ X Study Group would take place on February 3rd. At the Study Group event, fans were show several unreleased videos including the choreography versions of ViVi's "Everyday I love you", JinSoul's "Singing in the Rain", Chuu's "Heart Attack", and Go Won's "One&Only", as well as a full color version of ODD EYE CIRCLE's "Sweet Crazy Love".

On February 16th, the 2018.02.29 teaser was released, and the Cinema Theory : Up&Line teaser followed on March 1st, giving fans their first look at the 12th member of the group, Olivia Hye. On March 4th, the LOOПΔ TV arc covering the shooting of the Cinema Theory teaser began with episode 285. Like with LOOΠΔ X Study Group, several unreleased videos were show to fans at Cinema Theory - including a new version of LOOΠΔ 1/3's "지금, 좋아해 (Love&Live)" with new verses and Choerry subbing in for HyunJin, short music videos for ODD EYE CIRCLE's "Starlight" and Chuu & Go Won's "See Saw", a full-length "Uncover" music video from ODD EYE CIRCLE, an alternate cut of Olivia Hye's "Egoist", a version of yyxy's "love4eva" with an unreleased dance break, as well as several short clips filling in the gaps of the LOOΠΔverse story so far. Of the clips shown at the various Cinema Theory events, only the yyxy "one" clip has been officially made available online.

On April 14th, the PREMIERE GREETING : Line&Up teaser was released, giving fans their first taste of all 12 girls performing together. The two-day event was held on June 2nd and 3rd, and featured performances by all three units as well as solo stages by HeeJin and YeoJin The LOONA TV arc covering this event started on June 29th with episode 356.

The LOOΠΔ go into Orbit teaser was released on June 10th, announcing that the full group would have their debut concert on August 19th. On July 19th, the debut concert's name was announced as "LOOΠΔ birth", and a teaser photo featuring the first and last girls, HeeJin and Olivia Hye, was released on the 26th. On July 31st LOOΠΔ's final pre-debut release, "favOriTe", was announced. The "favOriTe" MV teaser was released on August 2nd, with the full MV following on the 7th. The group's final pre-debut teaser, for their concert, was released on August 18th. On August 19th, the girls performed a sold-out show at Olympic Hall finally bringing the pre-debut project to a close after nearly two years.

askew, He, Crisp X and 19 others like this.
  5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Thanks for the reminder! Will try to get votes in by deadline.

Vixen, vague and Slice of Life like this.
  6. As I read these write-ups I can feel the stan begin to emerge.

Crisp X, Oleander, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  7. In you or in @vague?

Vixen and vague like this.
  8. Me!! I'm p sure @vague is well past the "emerging stan" phase.

Oleander, Kuhleezi, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  9. I'm excited to see this rate unfold and have all the messy opinions be revealed (including my own dddd). If there is one thing we can all agree on though, it's #StanLOOΠΔ

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    He, Crisp X, Rem and 8 others like this.
  10. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Okay, after the fuckery in the SOTY thread, can we hereby ban @Monkey0 and @Salami from voting in this rate and encouraging those FLOP opinions @vague unnie??

He, Oleander, PopZeitgeist and 7 others like this.
  11. @Monkey0 @Salami send your scores to me and I'll submit the average of them.

Rem, Oleander, Kuhleezi and 6 others like this.
  12. I won’t be voting, unless I can give more than one 0?

Rem, McQueer, Kuhleezi and 2 others like this.
  13. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

[​IMG]

He, Crisp X, Rem and 14 others like this.
  14. Great!

He, Rem, McQueer and 12 others like this.
  15. There's no zeros here besides one song.

vague likes this.
  16. There's always a zero.

vague likes this.
  17. I'm gonna try and finish this today!

yuuurei, vague and Vixen like this.
  18. My scores are in. My averages:

1/3 – 6.2
    OEC – 8.1
    YYXY – 7.4

I've only given out three 10s and that's including my 11 oops. But I do really enjoy their work and I'm looking forward to finding out what everyone else thinks.

Rem, PopZeitgeist, Oleander and 5 others like this.
  19. My commentary is starting to become "How many different ways can I find to say 'cute' or 'pretty'?" but I'm almost done.

@vague did you want commentary for the intros as well, or ... did I just waste time writing some for them ;;

evilsin and vague like this.
  20. there's a reason i didn't tag them ddddd

yes, of course! i'll take whatever you have to give me! i've gotten a few ballots with commentary for the intros already; i love reading them!!

Crisp X, Love Deluxe, Rem and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.