Ravyn Lenae - "Love Me Not" / "Love Is Blind" + Bird’s Eyes (Aug 9)

He / Him / His
I’ve replaying Hypnos a lot again recently and wondering where she was going to take things next so this double release is most pleasing to me.

‘Love is Blind’ continues where Hypnos left off in decent fashion, bending a bunch of contemporary R&B reference points to her will, but ‘Love Me Not’ stopped me in my tracks, holy shit. I really hope this sound spills into the rest of the record.

"Stopped me in my tracks" is exactly how I'd describe my first listen of Love is Blind as well. The middle 8 especially is breathtaking. And Love Me Not is such a perfect, tightly-written song. She killed both of these.

I just hope she gets some more recognition this era. Hypnos was way too good to not have at least been Grammy nominated or have some kind of viral moment. And these new songs just further show how high her quality and taste levels are. I think she potentially has the AOTY up her sleeves and that's saying a lot considering what a year it is!

she/they
I have a confession to make: I only just listened to HYPNOS in full over a month ago. I've been incredibly guilty of listening to the same comfort music and neglecting most newer albums. I'd already known "Venom," "M.I.A.," "Skin Tight," "Wish," and that impeccable remix of "Xtasy" with Doechii that surpasses the original version.

Now, I'm kicking myself for not listening to the album sooner. It's such a beautiful, well-actualized body of work. "Cameo," "Deep in the World," and "Inside Out" (an absolute career highlight that most girls would kill for) have taken over my life.

I feel like her coming out with new music so soon after I've given HYPNOS a listen is my reward for finally listening to it.

I have a confession to make: I only just listened to HYPNOS in full over a month ago. I've been incredibly guilty of listening to the same comfort music and neglecting most newer albums. I'd already known "Venom," "M.I.A.," "Skin Tight," "Wish," and that impeccable remix of "Xtasy" with Doechii that surpasses the original version.

Now, I'm kicking myself for not listening to the album sooner. It's such a beautiful, well-actualized body of work. "Cameo," "Deep in the World," and "Inside Out" (an absolute career highlight that most girls would kill for) have taken over my life.

I feel like her coming out with new music so soon after I've given HYPNOS a listen is my reward for finally listening to it.
Yeah, Inside Out would have a billion streams on Spotify if a big Pop or R&B star sang it. Her working with more mainstream songwriters and producers on this album is very, very intriguing though. Hope this is her CTRL or Over It moment.