Ray BLK | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Ray BLK

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Island, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Are we calling 8 tracks an EP?

2. Tove Styrke's Sway impact strikes again.

Excited to give this a spin later.

3. It's a great little release! I wish her label would just let her release a proper album. She probably has to start over again to put out her proper debut.

Ferk likes this.
  4. I wish more people were talking about this! It’s pretty much perfect. Don’t Beg is the one though and pretty relevant to my life right now.

A work colleague got a message off her on Twitter asking him to attend the album listening party on Monday and I’m disgustingly jealous.

Island and FINISH LINE like this.
  5. This is a great little album/EP. Girl Like Me is the one for me at the moment.

6. Loving the album. I wish it got some kind of CD release, even if just a limited edition one. I don't know if it's just me, but I like collecting physical copies from my fave artists.

7. I feel quite underwhelmed by it especially compared to Durt. It feels like there's some stagnation rather than any growth.

8. I was reading comments on her Instagram page the other day. Despite wikipedia and certain media outlets billing it as her 'debut album', on Instagram she is refusing to call it an album when quizzed by fans and constantly refers to it as 'a project'.

I'm actually happy to hear that. Look forward to the actual debut album, hopefully sometime in 2019. Maybe a nice commercial single or two, and hopefully a full release including CD!

londonrain likes this.
  9. A bit shocked to learn she won the BBC Sound of 2017 as I had literally never heard of her before coming across this thread a few minutes ago. She seems great though.

londonrain and Island like this.

10. Come through with the bop, Ray! I was excited to see that Stefflon Don was on the song as well, but she was unnecessary in my opinion.

londonrain likes this.
  11. She feels kind of criminally mismanaged.
    You can't just disappear with no output for so long when you're trying to build a fanbase?

New music soon, at least!

jawow_, sesita, Island and 2 others like this.

12. The site says both August 14th and 'Friday' so who knows when it's out.

Ana Raquel, sesita and nooniebao like this.
  13. Ok this is a pretty great song. Hopefully she is able to put out an album or at least another EP later this year.

mokitsu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.