RAYE - Hard Out Here + General Discussion | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

RAYE - Hard Out Here + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2016.

1. I wasn't feeling it from the snipped to be honest as I found her vocals a bit too tamed (which I was a bit disappointed as I'm a big fan of both her and Disclosure), but the full song is a slap and a half.

AlmostMidnight likes this.
  2. Waterfall is insanely good, I've been shuffling and getting my life. This deserves to be their first hit since... Magnets? Song of the summer contender.

nooniebao likes this.
  3. Raye's up for an Ivor Novello songwriter of the year award and most performed work.

4. I need a Raye, Tove Lo collab asap!

Txetxu, 2014 and Digital_Fossil like this.
  5. Waterfall has taken over me.

2014 likes this.
  6. I still can’t at the whole label leabing drama only to not release anything.

rubirubi and lushLuck like this.
  7. If she's independent it probably takes a lot longer to finance, record, mix and master etc. I'm sure she's cooking up an album to feed us good.

Island, nooniebao, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  8. I can't believe that Waterfall didn't / hasn't smashed. It's an 11/10 and deserves to be massive!

BubblegumBoy, tea, lushLuck and 9 others like this.
  9. I think I can hear it gushing.

10. It was just a comment for the 'leave X label queen go indie!' gays who think going indie means more content when in reality it's the same thing more or less. I'm sure the reasons for her stint with Polydor stalling were financial too, ie her songs' success / profit didn't warrant a successful album yet and she was told to wait.

RMK, Island, nooniebao and 4 others like this.
  11. @Island this is from 2021, so it's from when she was with Polydor

dd you weren't quick enough

nooniebao and Island like this.
  12. I think it was a mistake.

Even if she hadn't released an album by now, probably she would have released a couple of songs or an EP.

13. I too think she should've stuck it out for one more year but also she knows best for herself so... yeah. She's so talented, an amazing voice and THE ear for pop / bop.

sesita, Laurence, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  14. Recent festival performance of an unreleased song that’s allegedly from last year’s Polydor album.

Maybe an indication that tracks like Fantastic and Born Again that she’s teased will see the light of day too?

lushLuck likes this.
  15. New single Hard Out Here, 30th June. Potential album name The Blues Ain’t Dead? that title doesn’t give me hope for Fantastic :(

D.Jay, sesita, Aidan and 18 others like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Rooting so hard for her!!

sesita, Island, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  17. I'm ready to stream/pre-order/promote it for life.

18. nooniebao and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.