RAYE - Hard Out Here + General Discussion | Page 60 | The Popjustice Forum

RAYE - Hard Out Here + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2016.

1. I'm so fucking happy for her.

2. Hard Out Here snippet:

3. Official announcement. Out June 30.

ItBeats, blaze_dave, tea and 15 others like this.
  4. We need to support her in this new era. I'll be streaming and buying no matter what. It is time to end this fucking EP limbo that is sucking the life out of women performers, especially black women.

5. The snippet is interesting, but I'm curious how the song will develop throughout.

Txetxu likes this.
  6. Everything seems amazing to me!

7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

8. Video premiers tomorrow.

song premiers in 20 minutes.

9. I'm really rooting for her.

D.Jay and superultra like this.
  10. Oh I love this. It feels more true to her while still retaining the fantastic production and melodies that runs through all of her work. It’s definitely feels more like a statement of intent rather than a big ‘comeback’ but it’s done its job in making me even more excited for what’s to come.

superloves, D.Jay and SuperNerd like this.
  11. This is great! A bit of a departure from her usual sound, you can feel her desire for vengeance behind this and it's delicious.

12. I really like this! I accidentally played the censored version first and thought some of the production was odd but the explicit version is much better. I could actually see this becoming one of my favourites from her.

13. There's a kind of simmering rage running right through this that's really compelling.

14. This is incredible. I love the neo-soul influences, hip-hop soul vibes, and absolute grit this song possesses. For it to clock in under 3:15, it manages to be adventurous with its production. More importantly, it compels me to realize that hell hath no fury like a RAYE scorned.

It would also make an excellent sister song to "Woke Up Blessed" by Tinashe.

15. This is a fantastic single!

16. ADM

ADM

I think that’s the point, it was never her sound.. maybe this finally is!

I chuckled at the chubby white hands in the cover image and then it came up in the song.

17. The production on this is exquisite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.