RAYE - My 21st Century Blues (Debut Album - Feb 3) | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

RAYE - My 21st Century Blues (Debut Album - Feb 3)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2016.

1. New interview and photo shoot with Bricks magazine. Not much more info on the album other than it’s "right around the corner"

2. Absolute bop

Diet Pop! and Digital_Fossil like this.
  3. This single is incredible. She is so underrated.

superultra, D.Jay, tea and 6 others like this.
  4. Black Mascara is exquisite, much better than Hard Out Here. Now I'm curious what else she have in stock.

Diet Pop!, Slamb and Digital_Fossil like this.
  5. She could've quite easily done another Joel Corry/Jax Jones Topshop bop and I wouldn't have minded really, but this feels so elevated and exquisite and considered. And still bops!

6. Living for how “Black Mascara’s doesn’t fit any typical pop sound or structure. Along with Renaissance and Dirt Femme us dance music big pop girl loving gays are getting plumped.

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is huge. She is supremely talented.

8. Black Mascara is amazing. The soundscape is so punchy and divine.

This might be my favourite Raye track.

Digital_Fossil and Ferk like this.
  9. This is fantastic. Still her, still boppy but continuing to show off her range. She deserves the world.

Digital_Fossil, aux and nooniebao like this.
  10. New song is a massive slay.

Digital_Fossil and Ferk like this.
  11. So I was a dumbass and didn't get the Euphoric Sad Songs vinyl when it was more widely available and now it's seemingly sold out anywhere. Any leads?

12. Just a page ago, somebody said that Black Mascara sounds basic ddd

Redout likes this.
  13. What an absolute triumph. Bloody hell!

14. She's in a league of her own.

15. "Black Mascara" floored me the same way "Shhh", the first song I've heard from her back in the day, did. I'm ready for an AOTY contender of an album.

16. My GOD - I need an album full of Black Mascara now.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  17. ADM

ADM

This is just incredible. I can just imagine her presenting this to P*lydor and getting

"Ok. We have this new Joel Corry song that already has a TikTok dance ready so the studio is booked for you next week"

I hope the Fatboy Slim sampling song is what she's going to use as the 'big album launch' song. These two songs are so great and you can already see the album forming from just two tracks.

Jacques, nooniebao, Diet Pop! and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.