RAYE - My 21st Century Blues (Feb 3) | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

RAYE - My 21st Century Blues (Feb 3)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2016.

1. What a wonderfully dark, pulsating banger.

2. She's one of my fave voices in pop music. So talented.

3. I don’t like Black Mascara as much as Hard Out Here but she is carving an interesting soundscape out for herself, I’m perched for what’s to come.

RainOnFire and lushLuck like this.
  4. ADM

ADM

“What you’ve done to me done to me you’ve done to me you done to me you done to me you done to me you done to me you done to me done to me”

x as many times as it can go round my head in a day.

5. Really hope she was able to keep Fantastic and Born Again from Polydor and includes them on this album, even if they’re bonus/deluxe tracks. “My whip comes so rowdy innit, put the seat back and ride him in it” goes round my head at least once a week and is way too good to waste as a low quality Insta live tease. Or at least a stan leaks it if it doesn’t make the album, someone must have it as longer lyrics than the Insta snippet was played have appeared on Genius.

FINISH LINE and Diet Pop! like this.
  6. I’m hoping she can get her album out because I really think it’s going to be something special. Has she given any indication as to when we might expect it?

LGStan93 likes this.
  7. She said it’s due very soon in recent interviews but didn’t specify when. She’s independent now with control over when and how the music is released.

Ferk likes this.
  8. I really hope this smashes a bit for her

swim, pdf and Txetxu like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm obsessed - easily best thing released this week.

10. She always served, but Independent RAYE serves. Black Mascara is incredible.

11. Black Mascara is incredible. Her stanbase should be called Mascari's

pdf likes this.
  12. I am obSESSED with this. Get that album announcement out now. I fear its a 2023 release ...

13. Playing this beauty non-stop - thank you, Raye!

pdf likes this.
  14. Raye posted another big music industry-related callout thing on twitter earlier today, this time about songwriters like her getting their much-needed dues.

Wishlight, Aester, Scab and 13 others like this.
  15. ADM

ADM

But didn't Jesy Nelson say everything takes longer when you're Independent?

She's thriving.

16. Not when you're talented!

Verandi likes this.
  17. Lord, what I'd give for a dance banger from her and MNEK as a featured artist.

jawow_ likes this.

18. This song:

sesita, aux and Txetxu like this.
  19. Ok but what about Fantastic and Born Again (I will never let this rest)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.