RAYE - My 21st Century Blues (Feb 3) | Page 74 | The Popjustice Forum

RAYE - My 21st Century Blues (Feb 3)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2016.

1. This is incredible. I'm absolutely ecstatic for her, so deserving. Wouldn't have thought it months ago, yet here we are!

2. I find myself having old school enthusiasm for her as an artist. Kind of feels like the early Gaga days in terms of being hungry for everything she does next. She has a clear vision for her artistry and everything is firing at all cylinders.

SiduousIII, lushLuck and Txetxu like this.
  3. She’s no 1 on Spotify too with the 2 versions combined.

nbtsa, aniraz, tea and 8 others like this.
  4. I remember picking RAYE as my 'will make it big in 2017' in the end of year Popjustice quiz thing. Its crazy that it's 6 years later and I'll have the same answer again this year. Abolish record labels

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Tracy Jacks, ItBeats, Crisp X and 8 others like this.

5. [​IMG]

mcuk likes this.
  6. Do we have a Buzzjack gay around to fish for some updated midweeks? Surely with this being #1 on Apple and Spotify (via the combined streams) this has a massive chance of climbing into Top 10 this week.

I hope they rush an instrumental and some remixes on streaming too. If it's Top 3, drop a CD-R cardsleeve on the store with an Xmas card. Mama let's research.

VertigoStick, mcuk, Txetxu and 3 others like this.
  7. Top 10 is definitely not out of the question for this week!

8. They should drop the clean version too.

9. It’s #11 today, so I’d say top 10 is almost certain by Friday.

OlliMaus, lushLuck, Txetxu and 4 others like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This reminds me a bit of Sweet Melody's ascent to the top a couple of Christmasses ago. Gays coming out for their faves in festive season eee!!! So deserved I'm so chuffed for her.

Tracy Jacks, ItBeats, tea and 15 others like this.
  11. Gosh, it's feels so good to see her getting recognition and success she deserves, especially with song as good as Escapism. I need it to be a top3 minimum hit for her.

Lately and lushLuck like this.
  12. The way the song is also legitimately good, fresh, emotionally charged, etc. This is justice for withstanding Kim Petras getting to #1. Reparations!

VertigoStick, tea, R0B0TB0Y and 7 others like this.
  13. #11 already in the UK, so 100% sure top 10 come Friday, kinda close to the top 5 I reckon.

tea, D.Jay, Bobbyrae and 5 others like this.
  14. K94

K94

The song really feels like she's back to herself again. She deserves it all.

nbtsa and Mr.Arroz like this.
  15. Live version just dropped on Spotify!

Tracy Jacks, tea, mcuk and 11 others like this.
  16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I just know her last label is BIG mad.

[​IMG]

17. Hopefully Spotify adds it to the Today's Top Hits tomorrow, she deserves it.

18. Keep riding those streams, queen.

19. This album is going to be big isn’t it?

I haven’t been as captivated like this by an artist in such a long time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.