RAYE | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

RAYE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cathal, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Confident is like the song that plays in the background of a Bollywood film that’s set in an anonymous European country. So, naturally, it’s one of my favourite songs of the year.

But actually, this EP is fucking brilliant. I love how she’s carving a niche for herself in the UK R&B scene; she really is one of the most talented songwriters out there (and she isn’t even 21!)

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. Um, what. Wow, that is wild. I don't know why I thought she was at least 22 but okay.

3. It's still blocked here? Maybe it's just in my country?

4. This EP really is something. The more I listen, the more I love.

nooniebao likes this.
  5. Cigarette is back on Spotify’s UK top 50 at #46, we love a Smash hit

6. Are they gonna push Confidence for real though? It’s by far her best track, and I could easily see it being the one to really go for her.

7. 2014

2014 Moderator

God how is Decline still so awful.

8. I finally got around to checking this girl out this week after loving her collabs and I’m obsessed. I can’t believe she’s only 20.
    Beg pardon? It bops harder than a Whack-a-Mole, and I will take any and all Darkchild throwbacks wherever I can.

9. She’s featured on Rudimental’s album out September 7th. The songs called 1X1 (1by1).

10. Preditah remix of Confidence:

lushLuck and ericcccc like this.
  11. Slower (from Side Tape) is in a constant remove-from-streaming then upload-a-new-version cycle. What kind of Kanye West mess.

nooniebao likes this.
  12. What do you mean? Can you elaborate??

13. Every couple of days Slower gets greyed out, and when it's available again it's slightly different. One version had a different Avelino verse and other had one less Raye verse. I don't know if it's because they have to clear a sample or change 'stolen' lyrics but it's odd.

14. Phew, for a moment I thought I was the only one having this problem (see previous page). I think I prefered the (now deleted) version, although Avelino's new verse that namechecks Sugababes and Little Mix is kinda funny.

lushLuck and nooniebao like this.
  15. Yup, you guys are right. I’m puzzled as to why the second verse was removed. Here’s the original version:

xtophermorrison likes this.
  16. I feel like an idiot that I didn’t realize that whole 2nd verse was missing.

17. It's not a particularly special song anyway so, they can do what they want with it.

18. Must be a credit issue.
    I love Slower.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.