"Reaction" | The Popjustice Forum

"Reaction"

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by bishbosh, Jun 19, 2006.

1. I'm a bit of a club junkie as well as part time pop junkie and I've just hold of a new tune.

It's by Alex Gaudino & Jerma and it's called "Reaction".

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard it sampling Mandy Smith's "Positive Reaction"!

Ministry of Sound have picked it up, no idea of release date or anything. It says "& Jerma" but the it sounds like an orginal sample (IE it's not session singer "clean"). Maybe they will put a newly recorded vocal over it for commercial release as they normally do.

How fabulous would it be if they got Mandy to re-record!

Its pretty much your usual "samples old tune" tune and I can already visualise the scantily clad women in the video.

2. It's quite bonkers to think that one of these dance tracks are sampling Mandy (I too think it is a sample). Old Mand may get her big UK hit after all.

Other slightly bonkers Mandy news is that her remix of I Just Can't Wait is featured on the latest Defected compilation. I know it's regarded a Balearic classic, but it just makes me howl to think of Mandy alongside all these 'cred' dance tracks.

Long live Mandy in music!

3. I saw Mandy on that new club compilation too.

I love that the legend of Mandy Smith lives on!

4. Thanks to a Dame not a million miles away from here, I recently aquired Miss Mandy's one and only album. Big wally jumblats it's good! How did it not yield a top 20 hit?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.