Dawn Ward and Caroline Stanbury. Pass.
A match made in hell! A vile person like Dawn Ward is on brand for Bravo these days though.Dawn Ward and Caroline Stanbury. Pass.
Amen.If these cigs want to base themselves on the Real Hosuewives,
Brad Goreski better be inviting some of those queer performers Todrick never paid to the first big group lunch...
That, is the only thing I'd tune in for
I also skim-watched Lagos which was a scream too, although the story-building and editing was horrendous (why do they insert a confessional every other line!?) Toyin and her confessional looks was a scream, Carolyna was quite iconic and Laura is just unhinged.
More chaotic and evil than Sydney?? Hmmm well that certainly piques my interest then.Okay… I didn’t sleep one wink because I ended up binging the entirety of the Real Housewives of Cape Town and all I can say is oh my gosh! It’s probably the most chaotic, raw, exhausting, entertaining and devastating first season from ANY of the franchises.
Here are some elements (the cast members) that made it explosive:
- There’s a cast member who is clearly playing it up for the cameras theatrically and is read for filth for most of the season. This cast member ends up being the master manipulator of shifting dynamics and exposes another cast members abuse history — including exposing a cast members ex-husband who successfully hired a hitman on his ex-wife; reading the news and reports to the cast members face (this is the first time this is brought up on camera). This cast member has also allegedly been a beneficiary of their generational worth from the apartheid.
- There’s a cast member who is explosive and fights with everyone. They appeared and have been accused of being a “drunk” in almost every episode. It’s clear from this cast members own admission that they’re in an abusive relationship and talks about this with the other cast members only for one cast member to say that this cast member “brings out the monster in him” and makes other claims of how women need to be more submissive. This cast member also unashamedly wears knock-off designer clothes and is exposed with actual filmed footage showcasing this. This cast member also has their own wine brand and a self-proclaimed winemaker which is later then revealed they distribute wine with their brand on it from a winemaker. It’s revealed as three of the other cast members decide to collude and release their own branded wine from the same winemaker, presenting it to this cast member. You can only imagine the outcome!
- There is a cast member who is revealed to have hired gangs to intimidate and harm others in order to resolve their personal and business dealings. The reveal of this isn’t too clear as it was at the time, an international investigation. This cast member solely relies on being an influencer for their job which makes this even more interesting.
- There is a cast member who is completely arrogant about their privilege that ultimately and shockingly (and maybe sarcastically) confirms during an altercation that their husband is a baby daddy of many women in Cape Town, two of these women being friends of another cast member.
- There is a cast member who presents as the most glamorous with their diva behaviour in tow — besides the few scenes early on in the season, this cast keeps most of their personal life private, that is until another two cast members separately expose some very sensitive issues about their personal life. This breaks down this cast member and they don’t truly recover (the reunion).
- There is a cast member who was gifted a business (restaurant?) from their mother, only for them to say “nah not interested” and then have an affair with the mothers ex-partner and eventually move away with the ex-partner and develop an illicit drug dependency. The ‘mother’ is another cast member.
- There is a cast member who is strong and fierce that gathers all the other cast when challenged. This cast member constantly has shifting dynamics with all the other cast member and is perhaps the only 100% authentic cast member on the show. This cast member does not smile ONCE in all of the season and is asked to smile at the reunion, which they refuse.
- There is a cast member who is a replica of Teddi. I don’t think we will see them back next season (here’s hoping).
@johnny_tsunami I feel like you’d LOVE this.