Real Lies - Real Life and new album | The Popjustice Forum

Real Lies - Real Life and new album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by youthless, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Sorry if there's already been a thread created for Real Lies as I'm sure I first heard 'Seven Sisters' on PJ but I couldn't find it when I searched.

Their first album of London-inspired synthpop and electro bangers including 'Seven Sisters', 'Gospel', and 'North Circular Road' was well acclaimed by The Guardian and NME and a 2015 staple for me.

They're back with a new mellow banger "You Were in Love" which is giving me big NTE (Neil Tennant energy) in the chorus.

2. I'm a huge fan of this group! I could literally die while listening to Dab Housing. They have incredibly strong set of singles, their debut is full of gems.
    It's a shame that they're now a duo as Tom Watson left the band.

Any fan of PSB should check Real Lies out. Kev Kharas started out as a music writer just like Neil (you can still read some of his writing for the publications like The Quietus). They even did a remix of Say It To Me back in 2016, it's lush.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    SockMonkey likes this.
  4. Excited for this!

5. It's a banger:

6. This is excellent. I love the post-Pet Shop Boys vibe to it.

sinner likes this.
  7. 'Boss Trick' is excellent, that classic euphoric meets afterparty feeling. I wish more people would care about them.

8. Their Facebook Live stream tonight is great.

sinner likes this.
  9. SMG

SMG

I've been a huge fan of these guys since I saw them in the WOW! tent at Glastonbury 2015 - about 30 people in the crowd, absolutely huge storm. Been obsessed since.

Boss Trick is massive.

sinner likes this.
  10. I loved the livestream gig tonight.

They manage to perfectly encapsulate British pre-drinks/clubbing/nightbus/hangover/comedown melancholy in a way I've not heard since someone like The Streets (or maybe Lily Allen, at a push).

SMG, IDontKnowHer and sinner like this.
  11. Then I think you'd enjoy their Bliss To Be Alive playlist on Spotify - they update it pretty regularly.

12. Exquisite mix.

13. A surprise release of their cover version of A Rainy Night In Soho came out yesterday:

14. New tune's out this week:

jbnd05 likes this.

15. Come on people, they're too good to be slept on!

SMG likes this.
  16. This is absolutely great. What a fantastic (and cheap) idea for a video as well.

sinner likes this.
  17. I Wander is brilliant, looks like they're gearing up for another great album.

18. Time to rehash this thread - new single is out:

Superb as always!

jbnd05 likes this.
  19. Yeah, this is great. It's giving me Pet Shop Boys meets PC Music meets 90s House.

sinner likes this.
  20. This is some of the only new music that's grabbed me in 2021, seriously.

bestinase likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.